Sponsored

Has anybody actually broken a steering rack? (Beside the guy selling the "fix")

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Watching some of the SEMA 22 coverage I heard Funhaver/RTR was about to release a hydrologic steering system. I’m keeping my ear close to the ground on that, while hoping I don’t break that rack after hard outings. 🤞

My wife has the WT with HOSS 3.0 and it’s night and day different in feel. I wish Ford would get their sh!t together and offer the upgraded rack. As far as I’m concerned, if you have a Badlands or Sasquatch package, Ford should swap it for free.
Let me go look for that option. On a side note I am completely dead in the water as my netflix account got hacked... had to cancel my credit card and debit card. I can't buy anything for 5-10 days. I got up early this morning to pay bills and order parts with the left over funds!
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dirty little secret is that most people won't.
You should tell them the truth! If you carry a spare you will never need it till you leave it in the garage! Reason I killed a rack was because I have a spare tie rod.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One thing to keep in mind is… the guy that sells the fix goes out there with just short of the intent to break. While some people may see that as a bad thing, I see it as a good thing. He’s maxing out the suspension lift, putting on 40s, and doing hard wheeling to accelerate wear. Nothing different than companies doing stuff like accelerated weather testing to see how their product holds up and develop new ones. Especially on things like his stage III upgrade, 99% of us on a lift and big tires aren’t likely to see immediate problems if we don’t upgrade. If it does come up for us, it’ll be over the longer term. How long, that’s the question…

supposedly the new HOSS 3.0 steering has the stronger rods with the rack being the same just with the bushing already installed.
incorrect.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Let me go look for that option. On a side note I am completely dead in the water as my netflix account got hacked... had to cancel my credit card and debit card. I can't buy anything for 5-10 days. I got up early this morning to pay bills and order parts with the left over funds!
A year or two ago, we used our credit card at a fast food restaurant and the next thing we knew we were buying music from some site in the UK.

Dealing with that was a pain in the ass, the credit card company was great, the we decided to open a different card and have all of our utilities paid on something separate than our daily use card... Just so that if something like this happened our bills would continue to get paid.

Never thought of it going the other way around...e.g. utilities getting hacked.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A year or two ago, we used our credit card at a fast food restaurant and the next thing we knew we were buying music from some site in the UK.

Dealing with that was a pain in the ass, the credit card company was great, the we decided to open a different card and have all of our utilities paid on something separate than our daily use card... Just so that if something like this happened our bills would continue to get paid.

Never thought of it going the other way around...e.g. utilities getting hacked.
Utilities charge extra if you try and pay by check. They all want Visa!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never ever use a debit card for online purchases.

raptorbill

Badlands
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC Sierra AT4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know, not sure how that card was on file with Netflix other than someone else.
Yeah my Netflix account got hacked as well. I had to delete it and start over. New login password new card and different email. This was about 3 weeks ago. I think a lot of that is going around.

Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watching some of the SEMA 22 coverage I heard Funhaver/RTR was about to release a hydrologic steering system. I’m keeping my ear close to the ground on that, while hoping I don’t break that rack after hard outings. 🤞

My wife has the WT with HOSS 3.0 and it’s night and day different in feel. I wish Ford would get their sh!t together and offer the upgraded rack. As far as I’m concerned, if you have a Badlands or Sasquatch package, Ford should swap it for free.
I'm aware that he has popped a few OEM racks. One was at Bronco Safari where he was running upgraded (funHaver) tie rods.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Utilities charge extra if you try and pay by check. They all want Visa!
Funny... My PGE charges a small extra fee if I use a credit card instead of letting them take it right out of my bank. However the Credit card gives me 3% cash back so every few weeks I get a rebate of $25.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I found out what broke, it's pretty much as BroncBuster guy describes in one of his videos.

Top of the steering tensioner pops right off. Looks like the casting is to thin to support the stress.

Ford Bronco Has anybody actually broken a steering rack? (Beside the guy selling the "fix") PXL_20221104_224152591

Ford Bronco Has anybody actually broken a steering rack? (Beside the guy selling the "fix") PXL_20221104_224152591

Oh sh*t another item on the list Ford will not address. They sell these as capable off road vehicle even Ford took a Bronco on the Rubicon. This should not happen on the trail it was not that difficult. Glad we were not at Little Sluice when broke. Thanks for the update.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I found out what broke, it's pretty much as BroncBuster guy describes in one of his videos.

Top of the steering tensioner pops right off. Looks like the casting is to thin to support the stress.

So do you think that buying that Passenger side housing that Bronco buster sales would have prevented this?

I still don't fully understand why the driver side can just be a slip-on bushing but the passenger side needs an entire new end cap.
Sponsored