Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many people have either swapped or purchased replacement handles but has anyone had their’s painted? I’m having flares and the mirror caps color matched soon and started to wonder if the smart key insert into the door handles would pose a problem once layers of paint and clear are built up? I don’t mind ordering pre-painted ones but my chances of color matching all around seems more likely if a local body shop shoots them all at the same time. I seem to remember “paintable” handles sold by Ford parts but I can’t tell if they’re any different than what came stock on our vehicles. Thanks in advance for you help.
Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking someone sold color matched door handle and mirror covers. Wish I could remember who.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you’re talking about the passive entry sensor, you aren’t supposed to paint over it.

You can order ready to paint handles from Ford if you want everything painted at the same time.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Solfive

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you’re talking about the passive entry sensor, you aren’t supposed to paint over it.

You can order ready to paint handles from Ford if you want everything painted at the same time.
Thank you! That’s very helpful

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ordered mine through BFN Truck as well on 5/10. Hoping to have an update from Robbie within the next week for shipping.

OP
OP
Solfive

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered mine through BFN Truck as well on 5/10. Hoping to have an update from Robbie within the next week for shipping.
Yeah, It’s looking like that’s the right answer. Post them up when you get them!

HeritageMama87

Heritage
First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I ordered red door handles for my hle. I’m interested to see how they turn out.

Hberg

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Many people have either swapped or purchased replacement handles but has anyone had their’s painted? I’m having flares and the mirror caps color matched soon and started to wonder if the smart key insert into the door handles would pose a problem once layers of paint and clear are built up? I don’t mind ordering pre-painted ones but my chances of color matching all around seems more likely if a local body shop shoots them all at the same time. I seem to remember “paintable” handles sold by Ford parts but I can’t tell if they’re any different than what came stock on our vehicles. Thanks in advance for you help.
I ordered the paintable set through Ford along with a with a set of mirror caps and had it all painted at once. Doing it that way saved me a few bucks compared to the two places that others have suggested on the forum, but the main reason I did it that way is because I got everything, ordered, painted and installed in about a week compared to the almost month lead time the other places were estimating.
The guts of the handles come out for painting so the smart key button doesn’t get any paint or gloss on it at all.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Solfive

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the paintable set through Ford along with a with a set of mirror caps and had it all painted at once. Doing it that way saved me a few bucks compared to the two places that others have suggested on the forum, but the main reason I did it that way is because I got everything, ordered, painted and installed in about a week compared to the almost month lead time the other places were estimating.
The guts of the handles come out for painting so the smart key button doesn’t get any paint or gloss on it at all.
That’s my preferred route also but it looks like the paintable handles are $130 or so a piece which doesn’t save much room for painting them vs ordering pre-painted. Does that price sound correct or am I looking at the wrong item number? No rush, but if you get a chance can you link what you ordered? Thanks a ton!

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah, It’s looking like that’s the right answer. Post them up when you get them!
Sure thing! Theyre turnaround time is roughly 30 days, so I hope to have them within 2 weeks.
Sponsored