Sponsored

Has anyone else had ordering issues with The Ford Store??

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah Ford Performance is a mess.

Prices are always lower on the web site. And you get the option of shipping to a dealer. But I have heard the dealer doesn't really get any notification that your order is coming - they just get a box with parts and ... that's about it.

But if you go in to order from the dealer, you pay a dealer markup on them (at least at my dealer) - occasionally I had haggled them down to pay the website price, but usually they just say no due to ... reasons. Especially with "installed" prices - most dealers around here don't even accept install orders from the web site anymore, and if you get them to quote you an install price on something, it's astronomically higher than the price listed on the website.

It's amazing how difficult they can make something that should be so simple to accomplish. The best recourse I've found is to order Ford Performance parts through a third party - like Lethal Performance or Summit Racing. You can't use Ford Points that way, but you at least have a half-way helpful middle man in the process.

################################

I have ordered from FORD directly to be delivered to my local dealer and it was okay but little to no tracking. And no notification when it arrived at the dealer.

I have also purchased from FORD dealers in the US who seem to be interested in making a market selling parts. Totally different experience. I have had products replaced that were sent but not in new condition. And there is usually a parts person to speak to if necessary. It was a little bit of a hassle but not a major issue. They simply resent new parts and credited the originals. To the dealers defense, I am seeing more repackaged goods across many companies as online shopping lends itself to order returns.
Sponsored

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

im assuming all this stuff can be purchased on amazon from other resellers?

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update and a shout out; due to help from another forum member, I was contacted by Kyle S from ford performance regarding missing pieces to my order. He took my address and noted my complaint. Lo and behold he shipped me a complete set (script fender badges) and was kind enough to include a matching smoke-black Ford oval as well.

I must say Kyle certainly lived up to his word, which doesn’t happen often in this business

So a shout out to Kyle S from ford performance, a good guy. Hopefully he’s resolved others who’ve had issues.
Sponsored