Sponsored

Poll: Who has had mechanical issues with your Bronco?

Who had had a mechanical issue?

• Total voters

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, I placed my original res in 12/20. My Bronco( 4-door, 2.7, SAS, MIC with tow) is finally on a train! In the meen time, my trade in vehicle was stolen at the Denver airport. I ended up getting my plan B which is a manual Taco. I really want the Bronco but I keep seeing all these threads about mechanical issues. Wipers not working, vehicles just dying for no apparent reason with less than 2000 miles, brakes failing on the highway, engines blowing (resolved), weak ass stearing system, etc. I just don't want to get stranded on a trail or anywhere else for that matter. Can we get a poll on how many owners here have had mechanical issues and how long have you had it? I am hoping the vast majority of owners have been trouble free….
Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The problem with news about Bronco issues, and issues anywhere for that matter, is that a lot of it will be a vocal minority. For every person who shares a problem, there are probably hundreds of others who are happy and don't say anything at all. Granted, sometimes there are genuine widespread problems like the bad batch of engines or roof leaks.

My biggest problem with the Bronco is the hard top. The weather seals on mine suck and whistle on the highway, but others don't have that issue. I've got 5000 miles on mine and I've never had an engine, or transmission, or brake problem.

OP
OP
cbrownabq

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I totally agree with you and I suspect this is the case here. On the other hand, Tacoma forums have almost no reported issues. Thanks

OJS NV

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50 Year Limited Anniversary Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Drivers side rear shaft seal blown at 17,000 miles, had to replace the entire half shaft. Took about 3 weeks to get the parts in because of the Cyclone Snow Storm end of December. Ford customer experience helped locate the parts and expedited them to the dealer. Still would of rather had my Bronco playing in the snow instead of the shop.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ABS module malfunction/failure at 1300 miles. No brakes other than full lock-up on the floor at 70 mph.

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine are minor, but for new it is not good to have multiple.

Rear camera went out, they broke a pin in the connector at the factory. Repaired.

And I have an appointment in two weeks for paint missing behind gate hinge, there is a line of primer behind hinge across top.
Driver door not aligned properly, poor gaps and corner sticks out.
Pressure dent in the middle of the hood that looks like it was from a worker's hand.

One work week to remove everything on tailgate and paint and reinstall. Dealer was good about it all, warranty with rental.

OP
OP
cbrownabq

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man, that would be frustrating. Thanks for the response

OP
OP
cbrownabq

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ABS module malfunction/failure at 1300 miles. No brakes other than full lock-up on the floor at 70 mph.
Yeah, I read your posts! Thats scary and totally unacceptable. Glad you’re Ok.

mirabf

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Full brake failure at 1667 miles, Ford replaced the brake booster and failed again 100 yards from the dealership. Ford has had it since May 18th, cannot find anything wrong with the Bronco. They now have their engineering team working with the local dealer to see if they can recreate the issue. I have photos of all the failure as they occurred.

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Survey says mechanical which I have had none. Glitchy CarPlay and a broken precollision camera which are electronics.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Full brake failure at 1667 miles, Ford replaced the brake booster and failed again 100 yards from the dealership. Ford has had it since May 18th, cannot find anything wrong with the Bronco. They now have their engineering team working with the local dealer to see if they can recreate the issue. I have photos of all the failure as they occurred.
Yikes.

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
FORD WHY COULD YOU NOT DESIGN FRAMELESS WINDOWS YOU'RE A MULTI BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY

I'm really enjoying my Bronco so far! It's really brought me a new appreciation for my music taste, especially the added drum effect that plays over every speedbump.
Sponsored