Sponsored

Has anyone else had ordering issues with The Ford Store??

HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 (sold) , 2023 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I find it necessary to inform all the folks on this forum, having provided valuable input to me and all of its members here on a daily basis and I thank you for that, my unfortunate circumstances dealing with the Ford Store aka accessories.ford.com. The short story is that the Ford Store incorrectly fulfilled my online order and sent me a vinyl fender cover instead of the ordered Ford Performance Rear Axle Differential Cover that many here have also ordered and installed on their Bronco. After recognizing their shipment error I immediately contacting the Ford Store. I was directed to send the order back per there instructions which I did. According to Ford because they are not set-up for direct exchanges, they required I send the order back, wait for the refund, then reorder. As of today Ford has failed to return my Ford Reward Points associated with this order (42,000) and credit my credit card used in the purchase. It's approaching 60-days since I placed the order and after speaking with numerous customer service representatives, several emails, and receiving multiple false promises from Ford, no action has been taken on their part to correct this issue even after Ford acknowledges the error was their fault. I've reached a brick wall and I ask the community for help directing me to my next step(s) and/or providing me a contact at Ford that has the initiative and authority to correct this issue. I love my Bronco and this forum!
Sponsored

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
I find it necessary to inform all the folks on this forum, having provided valuable input to me and all of its members here on a daily basis and I thank you for that, my unfortunate circumstances dealing with the Ford Store aka accessories.ford.com. The short story is that the Ford Store incorrectly fulfilled my online order and sent me a vinyl fender cover instead of the ordered Ford Performance Rear Axle Differential Cover that many here have also ordered and installed on their Bronco. After recognizing their shipment error I immediately contacting the Ford Store. I was directed to send the order back per there instructions which I did. According to Ford because they are not set-up for direct exchanges, they required I send the order back, wait for the refund, then reorder. As of today Ford has failed to return my Ford Reward Points associated with this order (42,000) and credit my credit card used in the purchase. It's approaching 60-days since I placed the order and after speaking with numerous customer service representatives, several emails, and receiving multiple false promises from Ford, no action has been taken on their part to correct this issue even after Ford acknowledges the error was their fault. I've reached a brick wall and I ask the community for help directing me to my next step(s) and/or providing me a contact at Ford that has the initiative and authority to correct this issue. I love my Bronco and this forum!

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep. Same experience. I ordered the “Bronco” fender script kit, they sent me ONE, so when I called to complain i was told I’d have to return it - only to have to reorder it. My money would be refunded after they received it back. I wasn’t able to simply get another one, I’d have to reorder the “kit” hoping I get both.

What a disaster! I’ll buy aftermarket just not to deal with Ford again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HP11

HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can't believe in this day and age a vendor cannot perform a simple part exchange or even complete a refund. I wish you luck with your refund experience but don't hold your breath. They will hold your payment and Ford Reward points and do nothing for 30-days saying they are investigating the return and will only escalate the return ("to the back office") after thirty days. What's there to investigate?... Ford sent the wrong part, I returned back to Ford the wrong part, Ford received back the wrong part and acknowledged receiving it.
In my case, they refused to escalate until after 40-days and after I made multiple calls requesting status of my refund. Ford provided me with a contact that is presumably investigating my return. The name given to me by Ford is Caroline Waller. Of course you cannot contact Caroline directly as Ford states they do not allow for incoming calls but assurances that Caroline would email me that day and call me within 2-days. I have not received an email nor call from Caroline. I'm not sure how to proceed at this point hoping for help from fellow forum members. Jruta, I wish you the best with your return! Keep us posted as I will do the same.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wish I could relate, but I'm one of those poor souls in Arizona, Oklahoma, or Vermont that just *can't* buy anything from the ford store online. We get shuttled to the regular parts site, where every search results in the same 22,000 parts being found, none of which are the part that I'm searching for.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It really is unbelievable in this day and age that Ford can be so bad at eCommerce. When a transaction goes right, it is expected. But any hiccup in the transaction, and it must be "investigated". It will take months to resolve. No doubt if you do reorder, the discount code at the time will long be expired.

What is equally perplexing is that if you order and have it shipped to the dealer, the receiving dealer has no visibility of the status of an order. Yet, if the same accessory order is placed by the dealer to be shipped to the dealer, then they can see the progress of the order and can facilitate a refund/return. Order it online to be shipped to the dealer, then you are on your own.

I've had issues when shipped to my address in returning an item that was incorrectly shipped and items saying they were shipped but never arrived. So now, I opt to have items shipped to the dealer. Recently, an order contained multiple items. Those items were split with one item showing tracking/delivered to the dealer. The other item as not shipped (still pending). Went to the dealer for them to see about the pending item. They have no visibility of online orders. So I picked up the one item. Guy comes back with both items and they had no record of receiving the "pending" item. Still to this day, the other item is "pending" and I've tried contacting the Accessories team to update their system to reflect the order as being completed. But they can not.

Ford is really bad at eCommerce. SNAFU

Flanders621

Badlands
First Name
Ned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, I really can't believe how bad their online store is in this day and age. I ordered the rubber floor mats and cargo liner with my Ford Points. Because I ordered the cargo liner there was no option to ship to my house, I had to pick up at the dealership. After 3 weeks of nothing from them, I got an email that there was a problem with my order. They cancelled the order and refunded my points. I reordered a day later and they were at the dealership in a couple of days.

JojoReady

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, their site and online support is a mess. I got locked out of my account on Black Friday and it took three weeks and numerous calls/emails to get it restored. Worst thing is the support staff took 4 days off at Thanksgiving weekend and zero support was available on Black Friday or the weekend, the biggest shopping days of the year. Made it easy to move my business to other vendors who understood what 24/7 online availability and customer support is.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It really is unbelievable in this day and age that Ford can be so bad at eCommerce. When a transaction goes right, it is expected. But any hiccup in the transaction, and it must be "investigated". It will take months to resolve. No doubt if you do reorder, the discount code at the time will long be expired.

What is equally perplexing is that if you order and have it shipped to the dealer, the receiving dealer has no visibility of the status of an order. Yet, if the same accessory order is placed by the dealer to be shipped to the dealer, then they can see the progress of the order and can facilitate a refund/return. Order it online to be shipped to the dealer, then you are on your own.

I've had issues when shipped to my address in returning an item that was incorrectly shipped and items saying they were shipped but never arrived. So now, I opt to have items shipped to the dealer. Recently, an order contained multiple items. Those items were split with one item showing tracking/delivered to the dealer. The other item as not shipped (still pending). Went to the dealer for them to see about the pending item. They have no visibility of online orders. So I picked up the one item. Guy comes back with both items and they had no record of receiving the "pending" item. Still to this day, the other item is "pending" and I've tried contacting the Accessories team to update their system to reflect the order as being completed. But they can not.

Ford is really bad at eCommerce. SNAFU
It's like they share the same mindset as Sears did back in the early 90's. Sears, a company that had nailed down and perfected supply chains, warehousing, shipping, ordering, everything. Soup to nuts.

Sears looked at the fledgling internet at the time and went "Nah." Imagine the world had they said otherwise. Amazon as we know them today simply would not exist.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it safe to say, the best path to using the Ford Pass points is to visit the parts counter and order directly at the dealership? #OldSchool

Sponsored
OP
OP
HP11

HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for all the experience responses thus far regarding the Ford Store. Problems at the Ford Store go deeper than I could have imagined. I wonder why the Ford Store cannot do business in Arizona, Oklahoma or Vermont??? When I eventually receive my Ford Reward points back, I too intend to use them at my local Ford dealer... they have been fabulous!
Like the woman in the Toyota service commercial seen lately on TV who used "just anyone" to move her home belongings... "never again"... lesson learned.

OP
OP
HP11

HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is it safe to say, the best path to using the Ford Pass points is to visit the parts counter and order directly at the dealership? #OldSchool
YES!

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't get their site to open all I get is an error message.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It certainly has it's benefits regarding recourse when something goes wrong. But you don't gain access to the numerous discount codes available for ordering online.

OP
OP
HP11

HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It certainly has it's benefits regarding recourse when something goes wrong. But you don't gain access to the numerous discount codes available for ordering online.
That is absolutely true. When I first called the Ford Store to report the shipping error, I was told by the customer service representative that I would unfortunately lose the discount code I used to place the order; a huge fail in every regard. It was a great code, I believe 30% off, that CarbonSteele was kind enough to provided us with when we all started purchasing these Differential Covers for our Bronco's.
I must say that after speaking with eight different representatives from Ford, all have been extremely apologetic but completely powerless to do anything except to take take notes.
Sponsored