Sponsored

Has anyone else had ordering issues with The Ford Store??

OP
OP
HP11

HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 (sold) , 2023 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As a visual, this is the Differential Cover I ordered

Ford Bronco Has anyone else had ordering issues with The Ford Store?? tempImageBpQHrf

And below is what they sent me

Ford Bronco Has anyone else had ordering issues with The Ford Store?? tempImageM9w94b
Sponsored

Last edited:

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah Ford Performance is a mess.

Prices are always lower on the web site. And you get the option of shipping to a dealer. But I have heard the dealer doesn't really get any notification that your order is coming - they just get a box with parts and ... that's about it.

But if you go in to order from the dealer, you pay a dealer markup on them (at least at my dealer) - occasionally I had haggled them down to pay the website price, but usually they just say no due to ... reasons. Especially with "installed" prices - most dealers around here don't even accept install orders from the web site anymore, and if you get them to quote you an install price on something, it's astronomically higher than the price listed on the website.

It's amazing how difficult they can make something that should be so simple to accomplish. The best recourse I've found is to order Ford Performance parts through a third party - like Lethal Performance or Summit Racing. You can't use Ford Points that way, but you at least have a half-way helpful middle man in the process.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HP11

HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Email has been sent... fingers crossed hoping we can solve this! Please also assist forum member Jruta with his Ford Store order having similar difficulties receiving his refund.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Flanders621

Badlands
First Name
Ned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it safe to say, the best path to using the Ford Pass points is to visit the parts counter and order directly at the dealership? #OldSchool
Yeah. Even the folks at the parts department said that is the best way. They don't get a notification that a customer order is on the way from the Ford website, so it took them a while to dig through the back and find my order.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. Even the folks at the parts department said that is the best way. They don't get a notification that a customer order is on the way from the Ford website, so it took them a while to dig through the back and find my order.
Y'know, I've wondered about all these problems folks have. And I wonder if the old "get to know your parts guys" is the right answer.

For instance, I've ordered several parts from Ford, two from the accessories site and several through the parts counter. They've all been shipped to the dealer.

So I've gotten to know the two guys who are always there when I go in. We talk, I blow their minds about this Bronco update or steering rack thing, they tell me this or that. Like ordering online is a pain because of what's been said, it just shows up. They've always disappeared for like half an hour when looking for an online order. But they also know the regional parts warehouse guys by name and can call them up; I know because they did it one time for me.

So I wonder if the best we can do, given the sorry state, is simply get to know the parts guys. If they're helpful and nice (my guys are), they should be best placed to lend a hand. Also, when you do order from them, it builds rapport.

We live in such an age where we live through screens and sulk when some unrealistic outcome doesn't work out. Like ordering everything delivered to our doors, but we don't want to tip or compensate the driver. Good service ain't free, and sometimes it ain't cheap.

The cost of doing business is sometimes the time it takes to have a good relationship with those who stand to gain. Our fathers and grandfathers tended to know this, but do we?

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And I wonder if the old "get to know your parts guys" is the right answer.
You are absolutely correct. I just wish my local parts guy wasn’t constantly trying to rip me off. There is paying a bit more for someone local and knowledgable, and then there are 50%+ markups and 2.5 hr labor installation times to program a door pad.

When I can mail order, I do so through folks here, like flip at Ruxer

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I can mail order, I do so through folks here, like flip at Ruxer
That is unfortunate, and I can't say much about the service rates for my dealer. Those tend towards abusive.

I'll just say my uncle, who had an electrical company in the Bay Area for 40 years, bought a lot of his commodity parts from a guy he met through tennis (of all things, my uncle looked like Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds but had an engineering degree from Berkeley and played doubles with Jim Plunkett because he was really good) who had a parts supply in Florida. That would be like Flip here. My grandfather also ordered plumbing parts from a guy he only knew over the phone, but talked about like they were great friends.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll just say my uncle
Yup. Great story. When I find someone I can trust I am loyal to a fault. I don’t shop for the best deal to save every penny - and I’m happy to pay a bit more for someone who is helpful and/or knowledgable.

But I won’t let myself get taken advantage of more than once - and my local dealer has done that. So I’m done with them.

Sponsored

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had some Ford Points that were expiring so I purchased a hood deflector before my Bronco arrived.
Part arrived and I noticed the box was damaged, but I couldn't find any damage on the deflector. A month later the Bronco arrived, went to put the deflector on and it's broken under the protective plastic. Ford Store will not warranty the part.

OP
OP
HP11

HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Y'know, I've wondered about all these problems folks have. And I wonder if the old "get to know your parts guys" is the right answer.

For instance, I've ordered several parts from Ford, two from the accessories site and several through the parts counter. They've all been shipped to the dealer.

So I've gotten to know the two guys who are always there when I go in. We talk, I blow their minds about this Bronco update or steering rack thing, they tell me this or that. Like ordering online is a pain because of what's been said, it just shows up. They've always disappeared for like half an hour when looking for an online order. But they also know the regional parts warehouse guys by name and can call them up; I know because they did it one time for me.

So I wonder if the best we can do, given the sorry state, is simply get to know the parts guys. If they're helpful and nice (my guys are), they should be best placed to lend a hand. Also, when you do order from them, it builds rapport.

We live in such an age where we live through screens and sulk when some unrealistic outcome doesn't work out. Like ordering everything delivered to our doors, but we don't want to tip or compensate the driver. Good service ain't free, and sometimes it ain't cheap.

The cost of doing business is sometimes the time it takes to have a good relationship with those who stand to gain. Our fathers and grandfathers tended to know this, but do we?
I too like to give my business to as many local shops and businesses as possible. My local Ford dealer did me a solid recently when I ordered a third Bronco Remote from them as a spare. The Parts Manager was blown away when he looked up the part number I provided him (thanks to this forum for providing the number!) and was shocked at how low the price was (around $45.00). He was thankful for the interaction saying that his cost for the remote under a different part number was close to $200.00. He can now order the remote under the new number and pass that savings on to his future customers. It was a win for both of us. I wanted to use my Ford Reward points for the purchase but paid cash as my points were and still are tied-up at the Ford Store.

OP
OP
HP11

HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had some Ford Points that were expiring so I purchased a hood deflector before my Bronco arrived.
Part arrived and I noticed the box was damaged, but I couldn't find any damage on the deflector. A month later the Bronco arrived, went to put the deflector on and it's broken under the protective plastic. Ford Store will not warranty the part.
That's unfortunate as the Ford Store has a very strict return policy. Sad there was no flexibility on the Ford Store's part to make it right.

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Email has been sent... fingers crossed hoping we can solve this! Please also assist forum member Jruta with his Ford Store order having similar difficulties receiving his refund.
Thank you. I just saw this 👍

OP
OP
HP11

HP11

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you. I just saw this 👍
Happy to help if I can! Don't get your hopes up as there has been no movement on my credit card or my 42,000 Ford Reward points nor contact from member Ksarge from Ford since I replied to his request last Friday. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated. Stay tuned!
Sponsored