Sponsored

Has anyone installed a powered under the seat subwoofer to the base head unit?....

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the footprint of that. I wonder if it will fit in the cargo area of my Base Bronco where the B&O system sub normally goes. Do you think that would fit? Also, what do you think of it? I’m not expecting it to sound like 2 12’s or anything, but do you like the sound of it?
I've got this Kenwood installed under my LF seat:

Kenwood KSC-SW11 @ Amazon
Sponsored

Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the footprint of that. I wonder if it will fit in the cargo area of my Base Bronco where the B&O system sub normally goes. Do you think that would fit? Also, what do you think of it? I’m not expecting it to sound like 2 12’s or anything, but do you like the sound of it?
I don't think it will fit in the B&O spot but I don't know that and didn't try. 75% of the miles on my Bronco are just me so the LF seat seemed like the easiest spot. As for the sound, for what it is I think it's great. It's not nearly as good as stand alone sub/amps that I've had in the past, but I never expected it to be. It hits decently, it sounds good, it fills in the missing range of the factory sound system, and it fits in an essentially unused space.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If so, under the rear seat, or one of the front seats? Did it do the job? I have already upgraded the stock speakers to JBL.
There are multiple threads of the discuss all of this already. But I know it's kind of hard to follow because there's so many pages in so many threads.

To sum it all up:

• Anytime you lower the backseat it will crush anything under it. Do with that info as you will.

• there is nothing directly behind the head unit that allows for an amp (aka, no preamp plugs)

• there are aftermarket wiring harnesses that will allow you to inject an amp in between the head unit and the factory system. Basically it will amplify all stock speakers. However, you still have to deal with the issue below.

• Ford limits the sound sent to the rear pods. This is the primary hot topic right now. Without doing some tweaking, if your intent is to install an amp to power your own subwoofer, you must tap off the kick panel speakers. Otherwise you will have no bass signal.

Currently, there are some settings in Forscan that some people have had luck with to get full signal to the rear pods (which allows you to either amplify the entire system, or tap into an extra sub). However the real fix, seems to be to flash as if you are installing the JBL soundbar. But then you also have to replace the stock speakers because it's my understanding that they sound like crap once "Full Signal" is actually being sent.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone said JBL Nano and I think what I purchased, Infinity BassLink Mini, is the exact same thing just repackaged. Its excellent for its size and improves the system ten fold.

I swapped the dash and rear 4" with Infinity Reference and they are superior in every degree to the stock paper speakers. If you have Forscan the recent discovery that can be modified really did improve the rear speaker sound by disabling the DSP/EQ block from factory.

Even with the Forscan change I still would recommend tapping into the kick panel speakers for your input. Its really not that hard and as long as you're careful removing the plastic panels its not a difficult job.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine onto back of rear seat......

IMG_4407.jpg

Sponsored

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If so, under the rear seat, or one of the front seats? Did it do the job? I have already upgraded the stock speakers to JBL.
Did you use a wire harness for the speakers or just cut off and rewire?

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there any way you could explain how you did this (to a complete idiot)? Or maybe point me in the direction of some simplified instructions? I bought the EXACT same powered subwoofer. How do I wire it to the kick panel speakers?
I largely stole from this thread:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...k-panel-speaker-removal-wiring-diagram.25210/
Basically, I pulled the covers for the kick panel speakers, unclipped their wiring harnesses, and unwrapped them a couple inches. Then I cut them & spliced in the high input wires for the sub. I ran both sides to the driver's side of the transmission tunnel, dropping them out beside the seat.

Sponsored

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
Bronceaux

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is there any way you could explain how you did this (to a complete idiot)? Or maybe point me in the direction of some simplified instructions? I bought the EXACT same powered subwoofer. How do I wire it to the kick panel speakers?
I wussed out, and had a stereo shop do it......

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started into this thread with a lot of enthusiasm. About half way through the second page, I had this same epiphany.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I started into this thread with a lot of enthusiasm. About half way through the second page, I had this same epiphany.
My Bronco is at the shop right now, getting the A-Pillar Leak TSB taken care of. But as soon as I get it back, I’m gonna try replacing the factory speakers, and adding a subwoofer myself. I already bought everything I need (4 x 4” and 2 x 6.5” speakers, wiring harnesses, and a hideaway powered subwoofer).

If I’m able to successfully do this, I’ll take pictures and do a simplified write up on how I did it.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco is at the shop right now, getting the A-Pillar Leak TSB taken care of. But as soon as I get it back, I’m gonna try replacing the factory speakers, and adding a subwoofer myself. I already bought everything I need (4 x 4” and 2 x 6.5” speakers, wiring harnesses, and a hideaway powered subwoofer).

If I’m able to successfully do this, I’ll take pictures and do a simplified write up on how I did it.
maybe you'll pull me back to DIY. Now I gotta watch this thread.
Sponsored