Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Karen's are on both sides of the fence...lol.

MHand52

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT/CS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I definitely have a few, bought my first home 4 years ago and the HOA has been a drag ever since.

After 2 months being moved in, our area got hit with a hail storm that destroyed my house, siding, roof, gutters, garage door, everything exterior had to get replaced. Since we got a new garage door, we wanted to paint it something that looked better than the same olive green as the siding of the house and landed on a nice chocolate color to match the shutters, contrasting nicely with the green and white trim. Got the idea from another house we saw in the neighborhood. 2 months after a freshly painted garage door, we got a notice that our door was in violation, had to either be white or matching the siding color. We appealed, went to the board meetings, citing that we observed at least 3 other homes with the same scheme and arguing the verbiage in the covenants, however they were "grandfathered in" and therefor weren't in violation whereas we were. TLDR: I had to repaint my garage door white (which is what it came shipped as)....

Next, parking... I have had 2 vehicles since I moved in, RN is my Mustang and lifted QX4 on 32s. Stang and GF's sportage go in the garage, beater in the driveway. We are not allowed to park on the street w/o a permit, which I could obtain, but the street mailbox is in front of my house and I dont want to block the box for the mailman. I parked the QX4 with a tire off the driveway in the rocks so I can sneak my mustang out of the garage. Got a notice that you must park on the concrete, and that disabled vehicles are not allowed to be visible on the premises. Mind you, I daily the Q'y, and I park it back in that exact same spot every day. Not allowed. TLDR: I look like an idiot backing the mustang into my garage.

That and anything in between. I get notices every month to 3 months about them micromanaging the upkeep on my property, this month it's a small weed patch, month before it was my trash can being visible on the side of my house, month before it was weeds (really are aspen seedlings) in the front yard. I eventually take care of it all, but on my own time as I can, but I get harassed almost monthly for something between the months of May and September. Takes all the freedom away from being a home owner.

No offence to anyone on the HOA boards, best way to fight the HOA is from inside, and I understand that. But you shouldnt have to to live your life with constant harassment from people who do nothing beneficial in return (especially to harass the people that do upkeep when they have time). BTW, my HOA is cheap, but we literally get nothing back from our dues. It's communism we have to pay for. Had no choice in housing location due to the market in my area, so I'm hosed until I can move.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you ever participated been interested in a HOA leadership position is one of the first vetting questions I have to determine if I want to even talk to you.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The one and only HOA I've ever been subject to was my Dad's house. Can't imagine why I'd submit to anyone else's.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yall are crazy, how could you pay money to live somewhere with paint and lawn rules. Thats just nuts. I could maybe see renting, but buying i to that is completely fubar.

Closest thing i got to that is a drone flew over my house a few times so i got nekkid in the yard and mooned it away. Never saw it again!
Sponsored