Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Banned
Hey all,
Been reading and lurking for a bit. I have my reservation for MY23 Everglades. But now having second thoughts before order is placed. Not worried so much on cost on the EG but it is freaken expensive. How the hell did you guys pull the trigger on model and trim?
Sponsored

Opticnerve19

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti qx60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Start w transmission. Manual or automatic. Auto do you
Want 2.7? Which package (mid,lux) do you want ? Sasquatch or no Sasquatch. I went badlands manual w Sasquatch and all the highest tech. Rims and tires are easy to do aftermarket. Pick the things you definitely want that you can’t do aftermarket or are hard to do aftermarket

OP
OP
Jon_chimpo

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Banned
Yeah I know, it’s just a tough call. Every model has pro/cons and a price associated. Really wish I could just get a Base, SAS, with a 7spd 2.3 and Desert sand paint. What’s so difficult?

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah I know, it’s just a tough call. Every model has pro/cons and a price associated. Really wish I could just get a Base, SAS, with a 7spd 2.3 and Desert sand paint. What’s so difficult?
Go with the base sasquatch and use the money you save to get it wrapped in Desert Sand. Get everything you want!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Basesquatch is a great deal...I ordered a Badlands, but kinda regret not going basesquatch. Just sayin

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's so difficult? Ford doesn't want this to be easy! So many trade offs. Even your must haves will change. For me, it was MGV in the end, which narrowed my choices... And I wasn't willing to spend for things I'd never use or didn't even know what they were, like front swaybar disconnect... Lol.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It took me a year of obsessing about it to figure it out. Then when I thought I figured it out I went the opposite direction, then changed my order after I put it in because I couldn’t sleep at night!

OP
OP
Jon_chimpo

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

• Banned
Can’t get a base, sas with 7mt.. Haha I’m glad there are other indecisive dudes out there. I was pumped on the Everglades, then started thinking about the 2.3 with the auto.. Well, I’ve built countless models, once I’m happy with my choice, only another 12-24 months of more obsessing. Thanks fellas.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can’t get a base, sas with 7mt.. Haha I’m glad there are other indecisive dudes out there. I was pumped on the Everglades, then started thinking about the 2.3 with the auto.. Well, I’ve built countless models, once I’m happy with my choice, only another 12-24 months of more obsessing. Thanks fellas.
I just built one on build and price.

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. 2 versus 4 door
2. Manual vs auto.
3. Sasquatch vs stock
4. Interior: cloth vs MGV vs leather
5. Base vs mid vs high vs luxe

Answering those 5 questions will present you with a much shorter list of candidates. Then you can fine tune your wants versus your budget from there.

I wanted 2 door manual, Sasquatch, MGV, with Base. My options from there were Black Diamond vs Badlands. I chose Badlands because I wanted the sway bar disconnect. The Sasquatch package is a ripoff in the Badlands configuration, but it’s what I wanted.
Ford Bronco Having a hard time making a decision 416ABCDC-BB9E-4AF3-A048-F55AFAA6722D

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How the hell did you guys pull the trigger on model and trim?
I knew how I would use the truck & what items I wanted to make sure I had from the factory. I also made sure I didn't buy unnecessary fluff if I could get around it while still getting what I wanted, like High v.s Lux.
GLWYD :cool:

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me it took going through each model offered until I could build the unicorn.

Deal Breakers that my build had to have:
2 Doors, 7MT, Sasquatch, MGV, Hose Out Flooring, Sta-Bar Disconnect, 360* camera, 12" MFD, Roof Rack

Only 1 option of all the offered models = Badlands, even if I could only get the 2.3L and had to pay for the 10speed auto without getting it.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Deal Breakers that my build had to have:
2 Doors, 7MT, Sasquatch, MGV, Hose Out Flooring, Sta-Bar Disconnect, 360* camera, 12" MFD, Roof Rack
My only must have is 2-door. Lol!

Everyone is different. I have zero need for any cameras or the other technological doodads like lane assist, adaptive cruise control, sound system, etc. My current order is a base with 2.7L. It'd be perfect with MGV, wash-out floor, and 4.46 gears with at least a rear locker. I know that a bare-bones Black Diamond would fulfill those additional dreams, but I'd lose any price protection that I MIGHT have. I ordered in January 2022. And the $8790 increase in price would be hard to swallow.

Last edited:

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There were many people at the Bronco Off-Roadeo that wished they had ordered a Badlands after spending a day off-roading.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

EG is eruption green btw. I assume you were posting about an Everglades. Let’s make that EVG?

Hey all,
Been reading and lurking for a bit. I have my reservation for MY23 Everglades. But now having second thoughts before order is placed. Not worried so much on cost on the EG but it is freaken expensive. How the hell did you guys pull the trigger on model and trim?
Sponsored