Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just built one on build and price.
I just tried again. Doesn’t do it for me.
4 door, sas, 2.3, 7mt, mic, steel bumper.
My only must have is 2-door. Lol!

Everyone is different. I have zero need for any cameras or the other technological doodads like lane assist, adaptive cruise control, sound system, etc. My current order is a base with 2.7L. It'd be perfect with MGV, wash-out floor, and 4.46 gears with at least a rear locker. I know that a bare-bones Black Diamond would fulfill those additional dreams, but I'd lose any price protection that I MIGHT have. I ordered in January 2022. And the $8790 increase in price would be hard to swallow.

that’s nuts! I’m on my second dealer. First was being real wishy washy when it came to pricing. Come to find out they are on the dealer hall of shame.

pretty sure I’ll have it squared away by order day. Then MY23 will come out with a whole new set of shit to choose from.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. 2 versus 4 door
2. Manual vs auto.
3. Sasquatch vs stock
4. Interior: cloth vs MGV vs leather
5. Base vs mid vs high vs luxe

Answering those 5 questions will present you with a much shorter list of candidates. Then you can fine tune your wants versus your budget from there.

I wanted 2 door manual, Sasquatch, MGV, with Base. My options from there were Black Diamond vs Badlands. I chose Badlands because I wanted the sway bar disconnect. The Sasquatch package is a ripoff in the Badlands configuration, but it’s what I wanted.
This is a great starting point, however only doing it that way you miss out on what some of those features are going to cost you. I wanted washouts, if I would've ignored the Base, I would've realized washouts were going to cost me $5500(?) on my build. And washouts aren't worth $5500 to me.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everyone's needs and wants will be different
Base man squatch for me was awesome leather seats next month and I will be happy

Just make sure you get the important stuff from the dealer
Lockers
Interior trim
Ect.

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a great starting point, however only doing it that way you miss out on what some of those features are going to cost you. I wanted washouts, if I would've ignored the Base, I would've realized washouts were going to cost me $5500(?) on my build. And washouts aren't worth $5500 to me.
By “Base,” I meant the base package and not the Base model.

Unless I’m mistaken, washout floors are only available on models that offer MGV. That limits you to the Black Diamond, Badlands or Everglades. Of course you can still opt for leather with washouts, although that seems a bit incongruous to me.

My Badlands Mansquatch has the base package only. No other options except locking lug nuts. It’s my toy. Not a kid-hauler or my daily driver. I love it and have no regrets about not ordering more on it.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

Unless I’m mistaken, washout floors are only available on models that offer MGV. That limits you to the Black Diamond, Badlands or Everglades. Of course you can still opt for leather with washouts, although that seems a bit incongruous to me.

My Badlands Mansquatch has the base package only. No other options except locking lug nuts. It’s my toy. Not a kid-hauler or my daily driver. I love it and have no regrets about not ordering more on it.
I understood you were referring to the standard package.

Sponsored

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was pretty easy for me. I wanted ALL the options!

Really wanted some options that they don’t offer. Like ventilated seats and a V8 option.

So that meant a Wildtrak or Badlands and there was no HOSS system back when I ordered so Badlands won out pretty easily.

The color was the hardest. Started off with Area 51 until I saw it in person. Then went back and forth between white, cyber orange and race red. Race red won out.

Could not be happier with it. About 5000 miles now and would order the same thing given the chance.

For about $60k it is a lot or toy for the money IMO.

OP
OP
Jon_chimpo

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It was pretty easy for me. I wanted ALL the options!

Really wanted some options that they don’t offer. Like ventilated seats and a V8 option.

So that meant a Wildtrak or Badlands and there was no HOSS system back when I ordered so Badlands won out pretty easily.

The color was the hardest. Started off with Area 51 until I saw it in person. Then went back and forth between white, cyber orange and race red. Race red won out.

Could not be happier with it. About 5000 miles now and would order the same thing given the chance.

For about $60k it is a lot or toy for the money IMO.
ha! My wife just talked me into the BL, sas, 2.3 7mt, mic, high package, tow. Race Red, EG or icon silver still needs to be decided. Vented seats would be nice! I also stated I would need about 3k cash to mods, she said go for it. This was supposed to be my 40th birthday present, probably going to be my 41st.. This is going to be my kid hauler, road trip with the kiddos haver, get out on the weekends with the girls to enjoy nature rig.
Thanks everyone for the tips. What’s another 10k!

Last edited:

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Leather in a BL gets you carpet. 😑

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. 2 versus 4 door
2. Manual vs auto.
3. Sasquatch vs stock
4. Interior: cloth vs MGV vs leather
5. Base vs mid vs high vs luxe

Answering those 5 questions will present you with a much shorter list of candidates.
This. Not necessarily in that order, but This.

My #1 requirement: Stick Shift. If I couldn't get the Bronco with a stick I'd buy another Mustang. So, that ruled out OBX and Wildtrack.

#2 was cloth seats. I live in Phoenix Metro. I sat in one with MGV in April and it was uncomfortably hot. That rules out the Black Diamond and Badlands.

2 vs 4 door, didn't actually care until I sat in a 4-door. The 4-door feels so tight and cramped compared to the 2-door due to the location of the B pillar. After sitting in a dealer's 4-soor mannequin I knew I'd hate driving a 4 door.

Difference between the Base and the BB, you get a leather wrapped steering wheel and factory tint on the hard top. That's not worth 4 and a half grand.

Ordered a Base 2-Door, 7MT. Only option I added were the Aux switches.

If I could have ordered a Black Diamond with Cloth, I'd have done that.

This will be my Daily Driver.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ha! My wife just talked me into the BL, sas, 2.3 7mt, mic, high package, tow. Race Red, EG or icon silver still needs to be decided. Vented seats would be nice! I also stated I would need about 3k cash to mods, she said go for it. This was supposed to be my 40th birthday present, probably going to be my 41st.. This is going to be my kid hauler, road trip with the kiddos haver, get out on the weekends with the girls to enjoy nature rig.
You have a good wife! Does she have a sister?

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just tried again. Doesn’t do it for me.
4 door, sas, 2.3, 7mt, mic, steel bumper.

that’s nuts! I’m on my second dealer. First was being real wishy washy when it came to pricing. Come to find out they are on the dealer hall of shame.

pretty sure I’ll have it squared away by order day. Then MY23 will come out with a whole new set of shit to choose from.
Aw, I see, I built a Bronco, not the bus, LOL.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haha $3k for mods. You’ll far surpass that my friend! If I ordered mine it would have been a BL no sas . But I didn’t want to wait lol. Only thing I regret is the carpet but I couldn’t get the rubber with power seats anyway. I will get a wash out floor someday. I very much dislike the carpet as we actually get out and use our Broncos.

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just put an order in of what you want/can afford at that time. You can change it. FWIW I have changed my five times and still no Bronco

CVSJR

Raptor
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '09 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hey all,
Been reading and lurking for a bit. I have my reservation for MY23 Everglades. But now having second thoughts before order is placed. Not worried so much on cost on the EG but it is freaken expensive. How the hell did you guys pull the trigger on model and trim?
Simple decision, got offered the switch to a Raptor, load it up and make believe you are actually going to receive it. Payments are zero jf it never shows up.

OP
OP
Jon_chimpo

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You have a good wife! Does she have a sister?
No, but she does have a brother. He’s a super nice guy if sacrifices need to made…
Sponsored

Last edited: