First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's impossible to budget for a trade in a year out. If I get any that are trading, only thing I can do is use MMR (Manheim Market Report, used vehicle auction info, usually realistic amount that it would bring at auction), and say the amount that says its worth when you trade is the amount we'll give for it.

That said, that amount now will be WAAAYYYY higher than what it will be next year as the auctions are CRAZY, we're been seeing off lease F-150s bringing over retail at Ford dealer auctions due to the new and used car shortages. I just sold my wife's Explorer because of the high prices, It'll take a while to get her a new one built, but we've got extra cars to drive and I don't see used cars ever getting this high again.
Sponsored

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's impossible to budget for a trade in a year out. If I get any that are trading, only thing I can do is use MMR (Manheim Market Report, used vehicle auction info, usually realistic amount that it would bring at auction), and say the amount that says its worth when you trade is the amount we'll give for it.

That said, that amount now will be WAAAYYYY higher than what it will be next year as the auctions are CRAZY, we're been seeing off lease F-150s bringing over retail at Ford dealer auctions due to the new and used car shortages. I just sold my wife's Explorer because of the high prices, It'll take a while to get her a new one built, but we've got extra cars to drive and I don't see used cars ever getting this high again.
So whats my best option? Sell it to CarMax right now? Or another place? Kbb says its worth $24.5k right now. It only has 18,600 miles.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Selling it now will be the cheapest way to upgrade, due to the hot sales market right now, but can you live without it for a year?

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Selling it now will be the cheapest way to upgrade, due to the hot sales market right now, but can you live without it for a year?
Yes I can. We have another SUV. And I will allow me to save the payments I usually make on the truck for a year and use it as a down payment on the Bronco. Hopefully CarMax will give me KBB. If so this is definitely the plan.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I can. We have another SUV. And I will allow me to save the payments I usually make on the truck for a year and use it as a down payment on the Bronco. Hopefully CarMax will give me KBB. If so this is definitely the plan.

Check with your Dodge dealer too, if they're as low as Ford dealers, they may pay more than Carmax.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Check with your Dodge dealer too, if they're as low as Ford dealers, they may pay more than Carmax.
Will do. Thanks.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, for a ballpark, price out your truck today, but use the values for one that is a year older, also allow for your annual mileage that you'll add.

I always use NADA, it's what the banks go by.
https://www.nada.com/

murphys2ndlaw

Badlands
First Name
XXX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One with wheels
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've done carvana on the last 2 cars I sold. I've come out ahead on both and one was a lease that still had some time left.

I'm planning to do the same with the VW if the dealer low balls me. Since they would most likely wholesale it. A company like carvana or carmax doesn't car if its not a Ford.

Last edited:

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've done carvana on the last 2 cars I sold. I've come out ahead on both and one was a lease that still had some time left.

I'm planning to do the same with the VW if the dealer low balls me. Since they would most likely wholesale it. A company like carvana or carmac doesn't car if its not a Ford.
Fellow Tristate vw owner looking to get rid of it? I have a GLI I'm in the air about... 19' Ab dsg.
Sponsored