The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I'm thinking of reserving the new Bronco but it seems to be difficult to calculate how much I would actually pay being that dealers can't give me appraisals on my trades a year out.

On top of that nobody knows how much the options are. Id really like to know how much the Sasquatch package is especially for the Base being that they aren't making it available for the manual. Which is ridiculous.

My 2017 Ram would be the biggest pain in the but waiting to trade a year out. My 2018 Harley RKS would be easier if I knew I can definitely get it because I could sell it now ahead of time. The Truck is whats going to make it hard.

What to do?
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My suggestion is to wait a month until at least the build it works and we all have more facts.

Then just look at the possible depreciation for each. I'm in a similar boat with needing to get rid of 2 vehicles to get the Bronco, but i have to have 1 until I actually get the thing.

But as my wife put it... selling one of the cars now for something that you haven't seen and nobody has even driven (eg video reviews) is a dumb ass move :p

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait until the the pricing comes out and make your decision then. KBB can give you a good idea of what your trade is worth.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Buy the Bronco, then sell your truck.
Can't have 2 payments. The Truck is still financed. So I would have to trade it in. My bike is paid off so I could technically sell it now. I feel like that would be a dumb move especially not knowing what the dealer would actually give me for my truck a year from now. Plus I don't know how much the Sasquatch package is. Im hoping its under $5k

Sponsored

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will probably just buy the bronco and if I’m short on cash I’ll sell one of my other vehicles on CarMax. Skip the trade-in and you remove one giant wild card from the purchase process

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait until the the pricing comes out and make your decision then. KBB can give you a good idea of what your trade is worth.
Thats what ive actually been thinking myself. I definitely need to see the pricing. I already looked at KBB but it will be different a year from now which makes it hard to know if i can even make it work. All depends on how much it would depreciat. I don't plan on driving it much so the miles won't go up. But still.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will probably just buy the bronco and if I’m short on cash I’ll sell one of my other vehicles on CarMax. Skip the trade-in and you remove one giant wild card from the purchase process
How much does Carmax usually give compared to KBB?

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How much does Carmax usually give compared to KBB?
About the same or a little better if your vehicle is in good shape. I’ve heard they’ll buy anything but they’ll auction off vehicles that are in bad shape. Good to excellent condition they’ll “certify” and resell directly, and they’ll pay out a little more for these.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats what ive actually been thinking myself. I definitely need to see the pricing. I already looked at KBB but it will be different a year from now which makes it hard to know if i can even make it work. All depends on how much it would depreciat. I don't plan on driving it much so the miles won't go up. But still.
It's a Dodge so it will depreciate. ;) The Carmax thing is a good option but just keep in mind if you do that you will loose the trade tax credit. Depending on tax rates it could be a few thousands depending on value.

Sponsored

doink

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350. Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am in the same boat but a bit worse off. I had to pull the trigger on a car two months ago as my old BMW Was more costly to repair than a new car would be payment wise.

So looks like I’ll be trading in a year old Atlas. Not looking forward to taking the depreciation hit.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am in the same boat but a bit worse off. I had to pull the trigger on a car two months ago as my old BMW Was more costly to repair than a new car would be payment wise.

So looks like I’ll be trading in a year old Atlas. Not looking forward to taking the depreciation hit.
Why can't anything ever be easy??. Lol..

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's a Dodge so it will depreciate. ;) The Carmax thing is a good option but just keep in mind if you do that you will loose the trade tax credit. Depending on tax rates it could be a few thousands depending on value.
Yep good point on the CarMax and Tax credit. Thats why I almost have to trade it. As far as the depreciation goes thats what I'm worried about biting me in the ass. So the tax credit by then might be a wash. Especially if I sell the truck now and save the truck payments for an entire year to put towards the Bronco.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was on the path as @Paint stated, we would be selling the 13 Explorer, and the other day my wife came to me and she had called the bank lady and she crunched some numbers, moved a few things around and we ended up with enough to get us in a Bronco. not a WP or FE but a Bronco none the less. Do 'ya think she is excited as much as me?? ;) So I would suggest as the others above have said as well .................. wait for all the pricing and final packages/options to come out and then figure out what fits your budget. for know familiarize yourself with what is in the packages and options are now, the changes will be small (if any), Use the search in here it works well, I use it.