Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's because people are to dumb to turn on their own lights. This will be in 100% of cars soon. I'm not sure how many times I see some moron driving around with their lights off in a rain storm.
Maybe not exactly dumb people but rather because of the electronic dashes we have today. When in the car they are lit up and all the gauges can be read, hence people don't always check to see if they turned on their lights. This is especially notable on cars with daylight driving lights always on. I actually kind of side with Ford engineering this in for that reason alone. I see one two two cars overnight, and I mean every single night, who've failed to turn on their lights yet when you see inside their car the dash is fully lit.
Sponsored

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my clock has never been correct. I stopped resetting it after the 3rd it happens. It just displays some random time which is annoying but I always wear a watch and Apple car play displays the correct time as well so I’ve brushed it under the rug.
Try adjusting your time zone setting instead of the clock time. It's probably defaulting to where it is set to.

Amyj

Black Diamond
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was the cause of this discovered? Has anyone found a fix? I picked up my 22 Black Diamond two weeks ago and have had this happen 4x so far.

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Admittedly, I didn’t read the entire thread. However, are the folks experiencing the “issue” leaving their key fob in the vehicle or nearby?

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I make sure the lights are switched off before I shut the engine off and it doesn’t happen.

Sponsored
First Name
Graydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
This issue has happened multiple times to me as well in my 22 base. Hoping for a resolution from Ford soon. I’m not going to drop it off for them to chase a ghost so hopefully we see a tsb soon.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Happens still.
almost daily.

RRRRRGYLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still happens 1 to 2 times per week for me. I am certain it isn't me hitting the knob with my knee. It only happens when using the fob.

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine has not done it for a couple of weeks now. I make sure the switch is turned to off before I turn the engine off. I lock the door, one click, with the fob. I have noticed that the light switch, lights up in auto light mode when I open the door. This is before I start the vehicle. Maybe they all do that? Either way this isn’t right and it should go off and stay off when the engine is turned off.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Happened to me a few times over the course of 2 months/2000 miles. Would go unlock the bronco and notice that the headlights turn on while unlocking versus the usual signature LED & halos. When I start driving, I notice that the headlight switch area is "off" and toggle the knob, which turns it back on. I'm thinking it might be a software glitch.

Mine is parked in an underground garage, with zero wifi/LTE signal. Maybe it's causing the updates to fail & headlights to glitch?

Sponsored

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
No definite cause or solution found but I have my suspicions below.

The dealer wants to keep it and run some tests but I haven't had the time. From what I can tell, approximately 1 hour after ignition off, the computer reboots causing the headlight to turn on for about 10 minutes. That happens 1x and then they turn off until the next ignition cycle.

One particular item of note and I wonder if the same as those that also have this issue:

I have completely disabled (turned off) all connected vehicle features. My best guess is the computer attempts to run some connectivity check/update check after ignition off but, because I have all data connections disabled, it errors out (possible software bug) and then reboots the ECU which is when this behavior occurs.

That is my best guess on what is happening after watching this behavior for the last 5 months. But I am unwilling to turn on connected vehicle features, so I ignore it.
Any updates? I've got a 2022 base doing the same thing. I'm confident it's not me bumping the switch. I turn the switch to auto and it frequently reverts itself to 'on'. I come back out and find my headlights on, draining my battery. I flip back to 'auto' and sure enough it flips itself back. i have not disabled any connectivity features.

I'm not game to leave it sitting at a dealer chasing a software bug.

Were you successful in disabling anything in Forscan?

broncocoy

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi A5 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any updates? I've got a 2022 base doing the same thing. I'm confident it's not me bumping the switch. I turn the switch to auto and it frequently reverts itself to 'on'. I come back out and find my headlights on, draining my battery. I flip back to 'auto' and sure enough it flips itself back. i have not disabled any connectivity features.

I'm not game to leave it sitting at a dealer chasing a software bug.

Were you successful in disabling anything in Forscan?
Noticing the same thing on mine, has happened twice since I picked it up yesterday...

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my 2009 F150 I’d hit the dial with my knee on occasion and bump the dial to a different position than what I left it in. Might be what’s happening as that dial is mechanical only I believe.

<edit 2022-02-18> From my experience with my Bronco and with confirmation from the manual, the light switch in the Bronco is electronic, and will return to the “auto” position when you restart your Bronco. Like other switches in modern cars, it resets each use.
Same here on hitting the dial with the Knee as you climb in.....definitely a design flaw.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here on hitting the dial with the Knee as you climb in.....definitely a design flaw.
Well, if you’re like me you stop hitting your knee once you get used to it. I’m also used to reaching for the e-brake control now (use it all the time with the manual transmission) where it was awkward at first. Sometimes it’s just getting used to something new.

I also now naturally use the steering wheel controls in the Bronco, where before I’d confuse them with the different layout on my F150. It’s just time in the vehicle…for me, anyway.
Sponsored