Heartbroken! No advance on 2024 OBX?!

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have been out of the Bronco game for awhile but looking to place an order after renting one on a trip to Cali.
I can’t believe advance 4x4 is only available on the OBX if you get the SAS package…
I live in WI… I don’t need SAS, but 4A for snow and sleet would be great. Same build with 2.7 Badlands is about $4200ish dollars more due to the manual being standard. I’m almost more willing to pay slight ADM for a 2023 OBx now, but wanted to order my own. Dang…
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been out of the Bronco game for awhile but looking to place an order after renting one on a trip to Cali.
I can’t believe advance 4x4 is only available on the OBX if you get the SAS package…
I live in WI… I don’t need SAS, but 4A for snow and sleet would be great. Same build with 2.7 Badlands is about $4200ish dollars more due to the manual being standard. I’m almost more willing to pay slight ADM for a 2023 OBx now, but wanted to order my own. Dang…
Best to start your Bronco hunt by searching for a comparable build than you would have ordered. Might get lucky and find one with the cloth seats that are no longer an option.

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Best to start your Bronco hunt by searching for a comparable build than you would have ordered. Might get lucky and find one with the cloth seats that are no longer an option.
yea that’s what I’m doing now. Looking at 2023s and see if I can get lucky. However there are two Broncos in my neighborhood. Both carbonized gray. Found a new 2023 OBx with almost everything including Advanced 4x4 and its f*ckin gray lol

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yea that’s what I’m doing now. Looking at 2023s and see if I can get lucky. However there are two Broncos in my neighborhood. Both carbonized gray. Found a new 2023 OBx with almost everything including Advanced 4x4 and its f*ckin gray lol
Get it wrapped. Cost to do so is surely cheaper than paying the upcharge for the '24 Badlands.

Or expand your search around the country. It doesn't cost much to fly and drive or have it shipped to your door.

OP
OP

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Get it wrapped. Cost to do so is surely cheaper than paying the upcharge for the '24 Badlands.

Or expand your search around the country. It doesn't cost much to fly and drive or have it shipped to your door.
yea thats a good point… I’m gonna look at wrapping. Already had to convince the wife this far. What’s another what $1200-$1500 for happiness lol

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yea thats a good point… I’m gonna look at wrapping. Already had to convince the wife this far. What’s another what $1200-$1500 for happiness lol
Just tell her the Bronco is whatever colour you’re going to wrap it, and get it done before you drive it home.

Any other issues you’d like my advice on? ;):ROFLMAO:

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry that sucks.
And yeah I definitely wouldn't want one without 4A. I could live without it, but wouldn't want to.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, the 4A on the OBX is very worth the upgrade, along with the 4.27 axle and rear locker. I was fortunate to get it on my 2021, and it works flawlessly in slippery conditions. Very heartbreaking for Ford to eliminate the AutoTC on the non-SAS OBX. Knowing what I do now after 2 years, If you want to factory order for 2024, I'd take the cheaper of:
1. OBX Sasquatch (run AT or winter ice tires so its a good road car)
2. Non-sasquatch Badlands, and you can put whatever 33's you want on it in the winter.

I'm wondering if, with all the extras that come with OBX now (Leather, Lux Package) if the standard Badlands might be less expensive than OBX with Sasquatch. Badlands non-SAS also has the 4.46 axles, which might give you 1mpg over the Sasquatch 4.7 axles.

Sponsored

RallyGorgo

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non-Sas Badlands has the same 4.7 gearing as Sasquatch. This pick is from my window sticker.
Ford Bronco Heartbroken! No advance on 2024 OBX?! IMG_5909

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non-Sas Badlands has the same 4.7 gearing as Sasquatch. This pick is from my window sticker.
You must have the manual transmission. I believe the auto has the 4.46

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering if, with all the extras that come with OBX now (Leather, Lux Package)
B&P still shows the Lux as an added cost option, mid is standard .... unless I missed something.
Staying with Mid pkg, a similar standard Badlands worked out $2k cheaper than the OBX w/Squatch.

Will MGV vs leather be an issue ???

hard tops
Mid
Mod bumper
aux switches
tow

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You must have the manual transmission. I believe the auto has the 4.46
That is correct, I have one.
The auto brings the 4.46 gear set with it .... unfortunately, in my opinion.
But the 4.46 works wonderfully with the 33's and auto.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

B&P still shows the Lux as an added cost option, mid is standard .... unless I missed something.
Staying with Mid pkg, a similar standard Badlands worked out $2k cheaper than the OBX w/Squatch.

Will MGV vs leather be an issue ???

hard tops
Mid
Mod bumper
aux switches
tow
Nice work! I was remembering that High was now combined with Lux on OBX, but forgot it was still an option!
Sponsored