First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hellwig called me last week to test fit their new rear swaybar on my Bronco.

I have had their sway bars before on my Jeep Wrangler and I was really happy with it, and I honestly did know if it would make a huge difference in my Bronco.

When I first drove my Bronco I felt the difference and it felt super solid. Then I drove a the 241 toll rod and felt a huge difference on the handling.
THEN...I drove another Bronco that I have at my house right now, and it was a major difference.

All in All...I am SUPER Happy with my new addition to my Bronco.
Now I will see how it handles in Moab next week. :)

--My Bronco had the BAJA Kits suspension with the King Shocks and the other Bronco had the Icon Vehicle Dynamics Stage 7 kit.
--The Icon kit was way softer feeling on the road, but my Bronco feels way tighter and still rides awesome!
Ford Bronco HELLWIG SWAY BAR test fit Hellwigrearswaybar1

Ford Bronco HELLWIG SWAY BAR test fit hellwigrearswaybar2
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are they on the market yet, or are you the tester?

Reactions: WOW

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Definitely interested to hear the off road performance and if it limits you.

VE7 NGC

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some really interesting info for IFS vehicles and the interaction of swaybars front and rear in off road situations. This guy is using Toyotas as an example but it think this has some real crossover to our broncos. Helps explain the addition of the rear sway bar for 2022 on some models

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some really interesting info for IFS vehicles and the interaction of swaybars front and rear in off road situations. This guy is using Toyotas as an example but it think this has some real crossover to our broncos. Helps explain the addition of the rear sway bar for 2022 on some models

I can't wait for antirock to be available! I want to test out a rear only setup and see if it makes the front work more... keep it from 3 wheeling so much!

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you know if Hellwig will be offering kits with mounts for those of us that don’t have them from factory?

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you know if Hellwig will be offering kits with mounts for those of us that don’t have them from factory?
I'm pretty sure that what was posted is supposed to be the retrofit. I just installed the version that replaces the stock sway bar using the OEM end links from Tom's Off-Road and those are not Ford sway bar end links. The sway bar looks to be very similar otherwise.

kingsingh14

Badlands
First Name
Rohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco BL SAS LUX 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty sure that what was posted is supposed to be the retrofit. I just installed the version that replaces the stock sway bar using the OEM end links from Tom's Off-Road and those are not Ford sway bar end links. The sway bar looks to be very similar otherwise.

Have you noticed any difference with the upgraded rear swaybar?

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you noticed any difference with the upgraded rear swaybar?
When you're really pushing it in a corner, the decrease in body roll is pretty apparent. I don't know that I notice a lot of difference at slower speeds. The factory bar is pretty dinky. Here's a pic I took of both side by side. The dip in the bar is under the differential, where the factory bar is above the differential. The bar is no lower than the pumpkin, however.

Ford Bronco HELLWIG SWAY BAR test fit Bronco sway bar

I'm only using the middle hole on the bar. It's probably not the hot ticket for the rock crawler crowd, but that's not my focus.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's the brackets that are welded to the frame that I don't have. Early 21 build...

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Off-road impressions?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't wait for antirock to be available! I want to test out a rear only setup and see if it makes the front work more... keep it from 3 wheeling so much!

Yeah, interested in that too. I find my Icons stiff enough to go without the swaybar for all my driving. Without the front swaybar I do get more articulation, but still have problems getting full up travel. The body rolls instead of the upside tire stuffing. I really like my rear articulation and don't want to lose that, but would like the weight distribution to be more level to allow the front to compress more.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any indication if Rock Jock plans to offer brackets for theirs for those built pre-Nov 2021?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any indication if Rock Jock plans to offer brackets for theirs for those built pre-Nov 2021?

They've not said any time I've talked to them. They did say they plan to have the finished version out this summer, but I don't know if that was only front or front and rear.
Sponsored