Sponsored

Help, damaged the hardtop. How to repair these scratches / gouges?

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bothers me esp because i just got her, i wish it was from off-road haha but no lol.
Thanks
I got a situation thatll make ya feel better.. Had mine for a solid 2mo and just over 4k miles before I ever took my doors off. First time putting back on I dropped the driver door in the driveway and rolled the rear bottom corner. Had to hammer it back out flat just to shut the door.
Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At most I'd take a razor blade and knock off the high spots

Tiresmoke410

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco, 16 F250, 66 F250, 68 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not much you can do. The top is textured so sanding will make a big area with different texture. So even more noticeable. i Suggest to live with it.
Only other choice is sand the whole top to make it uniform. And then paint it because the sand marks will look terrible.

Sponsored

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you used it?
I haven’t but it might be worth a shot for the price. I believe webasto makes the tops for Jeeps also but material might be different. Id check with your dealer to see if they have touch up paint for the top first. I’ve been able to order certain items from Ford through the dealer that I couldn’t find online, such as touch up paint for steel bumpers and door netting. If they can’t help, you could try putting a small dab on a bottom edge first to see if it is a close match. If you want it perfect you can order that section of hardtop but that’s gonna be spendy. I had a very close call with my hardtop today but lucked out🤞

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2023, at 3:00 PM, Bronco6G <[email protected]> wrote:
Ford Bronco Help, damaged the hardtop. How to repair these scratches / gouges? door2
Laddyaddy19,

lynchy522 mentioned you at:
Help, damaged the hardtop. How to repair these scratches / gouges?
Laddyaddy19 said:
Same. I found this Jeep hardtop touch up...
Please do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.
This message was sent to you because you opted to received emails when quoted at Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails on being quoted or disable all emails.​

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you used it?
I’ve used it - it’s great for my Jeep - to dark for the Bronco. BTW they sell it in a spray which is way better and goes on with the proper ‘rough’ texture.
But - AEV makes the best one I’ve used. See pic.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

OP
OP
lynchy522

lynchy522

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve used it - it’s great for my Jeep - to dark for the Bronco. BTW they sell it in a spray which is way better and goes on with the proper ‘rough’ texture.
But - AEV makes the best one I’ve used. See pic.

Thanks - so good for Jeep but don’t recommend for the bronco?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Bronco top is plastic covered cardboard. Anything that introduces moisture is a death sentence for it. Hopefully, the scratches are just superficial and the impact won’t create future cracking.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m so mad at myself, anyone have experience or suggestions on what can be done to repair these scratch / gouges? Thanks

Anything you do to it will leave scratches. I think it would be hard to paint just a spot and make it match, but I am not a body guy. Paint it all or wrap it all.

I say this because my Bronc was delivered with a dark line at the top right rear. I got to see it before the delaer prepped it, right off the transport. The salesman with me when we looking at it asked me what the yellow sticker was on the window. I told him it shows the top and a bucket of water and a sponge. WATER AND A SPONGE I told him. These tops are fragile. When we got to the rear and spotted the mark I pointed it out and said DON'T SCRUB IT!! It will only make it worse. I'll live with it like it is.

It was late in the day and they were about to close. So we left it at that and he said I will get with the detailer in the morning and let him know. Guess what he never got the message. :mad:

He made it worse>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ford Bronco Help, damaged the hardtop. How to repair these scratches / gouges? IMG_0254.JPG

I would not do anything to it.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is one of those scenarios and products that you’ll only make it worse by trying to fix it.

Axle Roads

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 2 Door, 2017 Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

jkelley0021

Wildtrak
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wear it as a badge of honor and tell people it happed while you were out wheeling!

Every bronco deserves some pinstripes from the trail.
I agree! Got my first pinstripes out in California today, and my Bronco has only a couple hundred miles on it lol

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree! Got my first pinstripes out in California today, and my Bronco has only a couple hundred miles on it lol
Wear them with pride, brother!

Every pony deserves some trail time, and the scars to prove it! Enjoy the ride.
Sponsored