Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would take any or all of these potential options:

1) Change the MIC top color to BLACK instead of carbonized gray for ‘22

2) Announce pricing + shipping for purchasing a Mod top after the fact so customers can evaluate if we want to switch to a soft top now

3) Announce MY22 changes. Make us sign an NDA if need be. Again it helps those who are forced to wait to evaluate
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft top on the 2dr would be a helluva option... with the prewiring and plumbing of course. Next step would be to bring the top manufacturing in-house and give a small credit towards future top purchase only. Final step would be, tell Webasto to go **** themselves.

Not a rant... just a well thought out sequence of the way I feel it should go. 😉

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2) Announce pricing + shipping for purchasing a Mod top after the fact so customers can evaluate if we want to switch to a soft top now

3) Announce MY22 changes. Make us sign an NDA if need be. Again it helps those who are forced to wait to evaluate
1) Changing the color from what it is to black will help how? This will not solve any problems because it will still be a MIC top and I would bet Black isn't easier to make otherwise it probably would have been the tip already.

2) This sounds super easy to do but with the issues already who knows what the cost will be in a year and a half from now for any top. Also shipping costs can fluctuate daily let alone trying to predict the future.

3) NDA is only good if there is the prospect of it actually being enforced. Telling a bunch of people the information now would make a NDA almost impossible to enforce. Also I bet Ford doesn't know all the changes yet as they are trying to get the MY21 out yet.

Ultimately it comes down to you will or won't wait. Those who don't wait will probably buy a Bronco down the line anyway. Those who cancel just make it quicker for the others to get their Bronco and sooner to the dealership lots. Ford won't lose money on this as long as the thing doesn't have issues after delivery. Most people can't tell you the difference between a Bronco and Bronco Sport. Let alone have any idea of the issues currently with launch.

OP
OP
BroncoBoy22

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1) Changing the color from what it is to black will help how? This will not solve any problems because it will still be a MIC top and I would bet Black isn't easier to make otherwise it probably would have been the tip already.

2) This sounds super easy to do but with the issues already who knows what the cost will be in a year and a half from now for any top. Also shipping costs can fluctuate daily let alone trying to predict the future.

3) NDA is only good if there is the prospect of it actually being enforced. Telling a bunch of people the information now would make a NDA almost impossible to enforce. Also I bet Ford doesn't know all the changes yet as they are trying to get the MY21 out yet.

Ultimately it comes down to you will or won't wait. Those who don't wait will probably buy a Bronco down the line anyway. Those who cancel just make it quicker for the others to get their Bronco and sooner to the dealership lots. Ford won't lose money on this as long as the thing doesn't have issues after delivery. Most people can't tell you the difference between a Bronco and Bronco Sport. Let alone have any idea of the issues currently with launch.
1) Idk if you were here when the bronco debuted, but there were several (hundred lol) polls about the grey top. Over 80% preferred black. Most people want the mod top to have a diff color than gray. So by having a black top people can get in the next calendar year you kill a lot of complaints

2) even an estimate would be nice. There’s no way Ford doesn’t have cost models for it. The final figure may not be nailed down, but they know within a few hundred dollars or so. They can always caveat that it’s estimated

3) really at this point an NDA is not even needed. On a broad scale they’ve said what the changes will be, just show us. They took so long to get everything out Jeep has already caught up in some areas. They can kiss the competitive advantage for ‘22 away anyway they might as well earn some much needed good faith back from the fanbase

and that my friend is the rub. If Ford only cares about making money they’ll do what you’re saying. And in the short run they’ll make a few dollars. Doing the stuff I’m talking about is what builds brand loyalty and an actual community. It’s going above and beyond and letting customers know you give a crap. That’s how companies separate themselves from the competition.

Ford can keep the status quo if they want and I’ll prob still buy a bronco. But will I be bragging about them to all my friends and coworkers? Will I recommend their vehicles to people? Nope.

Sponsored

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yeah I am sure an NDA would work awesome on this forum 😉

But yes #2 is a must!

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The grey production MIC tops actually look great, because they match all of the fenders and accents of the Bronco. The black tops seemed cool at first, but they look horrible in person.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My two recommendations for Ford action.

1) Soft top w/hardtop prep option available for 2dr

- At the very least the Bronco PRODUCT MANAGER owes us an explanation as to why this isn’t feasible. If that explanation could be delivered by someone BESIDES someone who tells us “it is too complicated” or tells us a cryptic riddle in a tweet...that would just be a bonus.

2) Anybody that buys a 21 or 22 soft top Bronco and throws a deposit down on a MIC or MOD hardtop should get priority (even over new orders) when those tops are produced.

- This last limp ass email from Ford could have offered that but went with the “We anticipate that hardtop roofs will be available for purchase in the 2023 calendar year. “.

What an absolute weak statement that signals Ford really doesn’t give a flying ### about trying to make it right for those in the pipeline.

What Ford HAS shown an attention and focus on is the short term, instant gratification of a stock price (Friday releases of these love letters).

Having a wait list this long tends to make companies arrogant. Pretty dangerous game considering Jeep isn’t going to just roll over.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been here since the start.

Does this all suck? Yes. Ultimately will it matter? Nope. Ford honestly would have been better off not mentioning the black or color matched roof, or any other option that it couldn't deliver for MY21. Ford shouldn't release a single piece of MY22 info until close to the switch. This would keep people from getting pissed with each issue. Ford is trying to keep people informed of what is coming up. Providing additional information is hurting them with more complaints.

Be honest, if you had never been told about a black roof option how much would you care if Ford said today one would be out in MY23? I bet you would be excited that Ford finally listened and will offer a black top.

More info is the problem not the solution for most people. Ford could have waited until the MY22 B&P released and said then it would be delayed. They said it now instead providing information to reservation holders to make a decision. Getting information on commodity constraints is also providing more information. Each time there is a release more complaints are made.

OP
OP
BroncoBoy22

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The grey production MIC tops actually look great, because they match all of the fenders and accents of the Bronco. The black tops seemed cool at first, but they look horrible in person.
They actually don’t though. They are gray. The rest of the trim is besides the grille is black.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoBoy22

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been here since the start.

Does this all suck? Yes. Ultimately will it matter? Nope. Ford honestly would have been better off not mentioning the black or color matched roof, or any other option that it couldn't deliver for MY21. Ford shouldn't release a single piece of MY22 info until close to the switch. This would keep people from getting pissed with each issue. Ford is trying to keep people informed of what is coming up. Providing additional information is hurting them with more complaints.

Be honest, if you had never been told about a black roof option how much would you care if Ford said today one would be out in MY23? I bet you would be excited that Ford finally listened and will offer a black top.

More info is the problem not the solution for most people. Ford could have waited until the MY22 B&P released and said then it would be delayed. They said it now instead providing information to reservation holders to make a decision. Getting information on commodity constraints is also providing more information. Each time there is a release more complaints are made.
Complaints are made because Ford has been doing a terrible job of managing and delivering on expectations. Complaints are not made simply because more information is available.

of course none of us would be complaining if the mod tops were never advertised. That’s irrelevant. They were advertised, then pushed back, then pushed back again, and now pushed back AGAIN.

the point is offering $1k in FordPass points and hard top prep kit is not enough to make up for the BS.

Things like this matter in the long run because they have to do with a company’s reputation. In the auto industry reputation is gold. That’s how companies like Toyota passed up Ford a long time ago. And I can’t stand Toyota. But they have managed to acquire a great reputation. Still status quo at Ford I see. If they pull this crap with the lightning you can be sure those stock prices will tank

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They actually don’t though. They are gray. The rest of the trim is besides the grille is black.
Ford Bronco Here’s what Ford needs to do to remedy the hardtop production situation 53207D66-3796-4092-9BD2-B61E80F40210

Wrong. If you’ve seen the most recent Broncos in person (or even in pictures), you’d realize the MIC Hard-Tops are the exact same color as the fenders. They’re also the same color as the grille on the Base and Black Diamond.

OP
OP
BroncoBoy22

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Here’s what Ford needs to do to remedy the hardtop production situation 53207D66-3796-4092-9BD2-B61E80F40210

Wrong. If you’ve seen the most recent Broncos in person (or even in pictures), you’d realize the MIC Hard-Tops are the exact same color as the fenders. They’re also the same color as the grille on the Base and Black Diamond.
Ford Bronco Here’s what Ford needs to do to remedy the hardtop production situation A64199E2-654C-48A6-8B26-82D9CABBC580

you were saying Mr. President?

btw this is a customer bronco.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Here’s what Ford needs to do to remedy the hardtop production situation A64199E2-654C-48A6-8B26-82D9CABBC580

you were saying Mr. President?

btw this is a customer bronco.
Ford Bronco Here’s what Ford needs to do to remedy the hardtop production situation 38921DDA-3D22-4F81-82E1-4D14B7C1F33D

You might want to get your vision checked. Hate to break it to you, but those are the same color lol.

Shadows can be a real bitch 🤣
Sponsored