Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
38921DDA-3D22-4F81-82E1-4D14B7C1F33D.gif

You might want to get your vision checked. Hate to break it to you, but those are the same color lol.

Shadows can be a real bitch 🤣
Believe what you want. There’s plenty of pictures out there. You’ll see for sure when yours comes in.

in certain lighting they look close, but you can always tell by the B pillar. That pic is a good representation since the light source is directly overhead. There’s no shadow tricks here at all you can see the shadows are cast on the ground 🤣🤣🤣

heres a top matching the trim for reference
Ford Bronco Here’s what Ford needs to do to remedy the hardtop production situation 7D815B0B-080E-4285-8696-610C87136BD0
Sponsored

Last edited:

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Believe what you want. There’s plenty of pictures out there. You’ll see for sure when yours comes in.

in certain lighting they look close, but you can always tell by the B pillar. That pic is a good representation since the light source is directly overhead. There’s no shadow tricks here at all you can see the shadows are cast on the ground 🤣🤣🤣

heres a top matching the trim for reference
7D815B0B-080E-4285-8696-610C87136BD0.jpeg
You’re proving my point. That’s an early preproduction model. There isn’t even a badge on there. And those wheels are not an option. The early MIC hard-tops didn’t match. That was part of the quality issue that Ford had with Webasto. The new MIC hard-tops going into customer units and dealer demos, match the fender flares and accents.

It’s not really up for debate anymore. Ask anyone on the forum who’s seen the new ones in person. I’m not even getting a hard-top, but I know this.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3) Announce MY22 changes. Make us sign an NDA if need be. Again it helps those who are forced to wait to evaluate
of course none of us would be complaining if the mod tops were never advertised. That’s irrelevant. They were advertised, then pushed back, then pushed back again, and now pushed back AGAIN.
I rest my case. More information is the issue with some people. You have just confirmed any changes to the current MY22 plan will result in complaints. If Ford says nothing they can't get complaints.

Ford currently:
More information + any changes = more complaints
Ex: recent information release

Ignorance is bliss:
No information + any changes = no complaints
Ex: we have no idea

Ford is fantastic:
New information + minimal changes = ecstatic customers
Ex: manual sasquatch (when released)

OP
OP
BroncoBoy22

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I rest my case. More information is the issue with some people. You have just confirmed any changes to the current MY22 plan will result in complaints. If Ford says nothing they can't get complaints.

Ford currently:
More information + any changes = more complaints
Ex: recent information release

Ignorance is bliss:
No information + any changes = no complaints
Ex: we have no idea

Ford is fantastic:
New information + minimal changes = ecstatic customers
Ex: manual sasquatch (when released)
The right answer is Ford releases information and STICKS with it. And if for some unforeseen reason they can’t they offer proper remedies. The problem is not the info the problem is the fact they can’t deliver

People were suggesting the soft top prep kit after the first hint of hard top problems. Took Ford months to act on that. Nobody is complaining about that, it’s a good fix to a problem.

OP
OP
BroncoBoy22

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re proving my point. That’s an early preproduction model. There isn’t even a badge on there. And those wheels are not an option. The early MIC hard-tops didn’t match. That was part of the quality issue that Ford had with Webasto. The new MIC hard-tops going into customer units and dealer demos, match the fender flares and accents.

It’s not really up for debate anymore. Ask anyone on the forum who’s seen the new ones in person. I’m not even getting a hard-top, but I know this.
It’s not up for debate because they don’t match lol.

the plastics for the fenders, door handles, and trail sights are black. The plastic for some of the grilles and the MIC top are gray. Ford even labels the gray ones lol. Ive seen them in person too. Like I said believe what you want it’s a free country

Sponsored

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I opted to wait until 2022 and was hoping to get dual tops. The biggest problem to me is going to be cost of the hard top as an accessory from Ford. A regular black Wrangler HT is about $3k or you can get it primed and you would need to paint it yourself. That's a lot of dough to make my Bronco dual top if I go with the soft top. Some type of special pricing from Ford for reservation and order holders once the tops are available would go a long way towards fixing this for me.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeaaaa... Ford won't do any of that

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been here since the start.

Does this all suck? Yes. Ultimately will it matter? Nope. Ford honestly would have been better off not mentioning the black or color matched roof, or any other option that it couldn't deliver for MY21. Ford shouldn't release a single piece of MY22 info until close to the switch. This would keep people from getting pissed with each issue. Ford is trying to keep people informed of what is coming up. Providing additional information is hurting them with more complaints.

Be honest, if you had never been told about a black roof option how much would you care if Ford said today one would be out in MY23? I bet you would be excited that Ford finally listened and will offer a black top.

More info is the problem not the solution for most people. Ford could have waited until the MY22 B&P released and said then it would be delayed. They said it now instead providing information to reservation holders to make a decision. Getting information on commodity constraints is also providing more information. Each time there is a release more complaints are made.

And there it is in a nut shell Josh. These days many just can't handle bad news, or news they don't want to hear. Am I a bit down hearted, and crestfallen? You bet. But me blaming a faceless company is just going to make it worse, because it can't hear me. Kinda like the wife when I do something stupid, and piss her off. :cool: :p

OP
OP
BroncoBoy22

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I opted to wait until 2022 and was hoping to get dual tops. The biggest problem to me is going to be cost of the hard top as an accessory from Ford. A regular black Wrangler HT is about $3k or you can get it primed and you would need to paint it yourself. That's a lot of dough to make my Bronco dual top if I go with the soft top. Some type of special pricing from Ford for reservation and order holders once the tops are available would go a long way towards fixing this for me.
10000% agreed

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would take any or all of these potential options:

1) Change the MIC top color to BLACK instead of carbonized gray for ‘22

2) Announce pricing + shipping for purchasing a Mod top after the fact so customers can evaluate if we want to switch to a soft top now

3) Announce MY22 changes. Make us sign an NDA if need be. Again it helps those who are forced to wait to evaluate
Aww. Bless your heart. ❤ .....🤣

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) Changing the color from what it is to black will help how? This will not solve any problems because it will still be a MIC top and I would bet Black isn't easier to make otherwise it probably would have been the tip already.
The Carbonized Gray MIC top is ugly and was a bizarre choice from the beginning. Black should have been the choice all along to match all the other black plastics. It was a styling decision by Ford not somehow easier to produce. I wish they'd do away with the Carbonized Gray grille on the Badlands and Big Bend for the same reason.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one does black MIC, Im sure theres a reason for that.

would love to know the parts price though. or the price for the soft top for that matter.
Almost all the plastic trim on modern cars is molded in black....on the Bronco alone there are the fenders, the mirrors, the cowl at the base of the windshield, the door handles, the bumpers on ones not equipped with steel ones, the grilles on at least half the trims, etc. There is absolutely zero reason the top couldn't be black.
Sponsored