DadLife

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
MSRP won’t change from MY21 to MY22… MSRP has nothing to do with what a dealership sells a vehicle for… the “S” is doing a ton of heavy lifting.
That sounds like a huge load of crap! Almost purposely deceitful! The email acts as though the price protection will help those of us who reserved, yet it practically means nothing is what ur saying? If that’s true, why even say that in an email as if ford is even helping us in any way? If that’s the case, then ford is going to look really bad as well. If my dealer tries to pull that on me, I will gladly walk out with some words on the way out, and bring my business elsewhere. Not that they would care, but it’s not me sleeping at night pulling that shit
Sponsored

DadLife

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Manufacture SUGGESTED Retail Price
I’m learning that now, but that is the biggest joke I’ve ever heard. Hey everybody, because you are still waiting on ur bronco, we will lock in msrp!” Jokes on you tho, cuz this really means jack shit im the end, and basically sounds like a big ass scam. Pathetic business

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
The manufacturers make money off of the dealerships. If that goes away, it will be added to the car. Also, the land employees, buildings etc are not but would have to funded by the manufacturer, making the price go up. Most new car dealerships make little to no profit on new cars. They give the new cars away trying to build their service base. Service and parts are the main drivers in dealer profits as well as used cars. The minimum goal of any dealership is to have their service department cover 70-80% of their monthly costs. Good dealers cover 100%. Any money made on the cars or finance products turns into the profit. The 30% line in the article is complete garbage and probably made up and the manufacturers would never give it up and raise it even more to cover costs they don’t even have now and would lose the revenue source that they have of the dealers. Ford tried to convert the Indianapolis market into a Ford run area and got crushed and was canned. There are bad dealers that are idiots in every market. Just don’t buy from them. The dealer of this article, if they did not honor what they said, is a total piece of garbage, especially on a reservation. A call or Instagram post to Ford or the newfordbronco page will correct that situation in a hurry from what I’ve seen on the Mach E and such. BTW, depending on which Bronco you ordered there is around 1,000-1500 of mark up between invoice and MSRP, they still aren’t killing you and I’m paying less than MSRP for mine, so you can find good deals even on Broncos.
Thanks for the insight. Doing some Googling it does seem you're right that new cars are generally loss-leaders for the dealerships while service is where most profit is made.

It does still seem like we'd be better off if there was a choice at least. Order straight from Ford for invoice cost, or order from a dealership at slightly higher price, but they include some kind of service plan to make it attractive to consumers.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company needs to come out and unequivocally state dealer must sell at MSRP or less for the reservation/order holder, unless otherwise noted at time of order.

You can't have customers pay deposit based on a price and then when it arrives, charge ADM without prior notice. If the reservation/order holder backs out, then ADM can go on because buyer is aware prior to agreement.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be calling the regional Ford Corporate representative and have the dealership franchise license revoked.
Wouldn’t happen in a million years. That dealer makes Ford millions of revenue, as wrong as it is, doesn’t really stack up to one person being mistreated unfortunately.

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why am I not surprised to hear a dealer pulling this shit?

Fade5G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Rivian R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a similar story but it happened when I went to order a Bronco from Vision Ford in NM. I have a whole email conversation about doing a Z-plan purchase and the dealer saying they will honor any price plan Ford would. Once I went to submit my order they changed their story… no Z-plan plus they were going to charge ADM due to supply and demand. It is shitty. Luckily I was able to switch dealers. Best of luck!

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which dealership is this, you okay if I contact them on your behalf -
I think every single Bronco6G member should call them on their behalf

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn’t happen in a million years. That dealer makes Ford millions of revenue, as wrong as it is, doesn’t really stack up to one person being mistreated unfortunately.
I work for a different manufacturer in a different industry. We use a reseller model for our sales. If a reseller does something that we consider to be unethical, we can them. The customer won't blame the reseller. They'll blame us. We take our reputation more seriously than temporal sales figures which we would still get by working with a different reseller. In today's market, a destroyed reputation is a permanent loss of sales.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I work for a different manufacturer in a different industry. We use a reseller model for our sales. If a reseller does something that we consider to be unethical, we can them. The customer won't blame the reseller. They'll blame us. We take our reputation more seriously than temporal sales figures which we would still get by working with a different reseller. In today's market, a destroyed reputation is a permanent loss of sales.
Cool, let me know when you move to the car industry. Otherwise, completely irrelevant. Your companies method is exactly the way it SHOULD be…. But unfortunately it’s not the way this industry works. If Ford canned every dealer that gave a customer a raw deal they’d have 6 dealers left across the country.

mbaeza23

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m taking at face value. If it’s bogus that’s a different conversation. My point is ANY dealer that pulls stuff like this craps on the ones that do the right thing. I have NO tollerance for this kind of stuff.
So I have a Build date and VIN number given to me by Ford ( email ). She should have the same thing. If they sold her Bronco with her VIN Number this dealer is in a world of hurt and real penalties from Ford. :unsure:
It's easy enough to edit or delete a Google Review. So, once the dealership does the right thing, folks here can decide if it's the right thing for them to change or delete their negative review.
Having not personally met this friend of a friend, I did some research as well. She was open to sharing her order number and VIN with me, email status updates, and her communication with the salesman the day she was to pick up the vehicle this past Thursday.

She had someone reach out to her advising that the dealership was saying the Bronco was for sale because the order holder hadn’t qualified. This despite not going through financing once the dealer advised of the ADM spike. This person did not go through purchasing the Bronco because the markup was $15k.

Anyways, she’s now in communication with the contact that @Blue Bronco emailed and she’ll update me and her FB post after the weekend.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Having not personally met this friend of a friend, I did some research as well. She was open to sharing her order number and VIN with me, email status updates, and her communication with the salesman the day she was to pick up the vehicle this past Thursday.

She had someone reach out to her advising that the dealership was saying the Bronco was for sale because the order holder hadn’t qualified. This despite not going through financing once the dealer advised of the ADM spike. This person did not go through purchasing the Bronco because the markup was $15k.

Anyways, she’s now in communication with the contact that @Blue Bronco emailed and she’ll update me and her FB post after the weekend.
Good keep us posted.