Novi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak (2-door), 2022 Audi RS5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mannn i would freak out. A dealer did this to me with my C8 order, lived and learned.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This story made me think about how badly I want my Bronco. I'm willing to put up with MIC top issues but I'm drawing the line at not honoring pricing. It's probably the single thing that will make me walk, I'd rather make a new res and punt for MY23.

There's no other new cars I'm even slightly interested in, so I think finding a clean Samurai or maaaaybe a TJ might be the play in the meantime.

Last edited:

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any situation related to a dealer selling someone's Bronco to another customer at an upcharge is some scum bag level $hit but threatening violence or saying that you'd be willing to get arrested over this is dumb. At the end of the day, its a vehicle and I'll move on if that happens to me by never using that dealer again, calling them out online and on any review site I could find as well as possibly never buying another Ford again. But I won't go to the extremes over a car purchase. Plenty of dealers are scum bags and have always been scum bags. No surprise here and I expect to see more stories like this regardless of any signed agreements. Life is too short to act like its the end of the world to not get what someone said they would sell to you.
Some can walk the line some cant that’s why there are jails. Good for you. People that take vantage of others count on the fact there are more people like yourself but sometimes they’re wrong. At that point both lose.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This may not be the thread, but I'd love to be corrected if this isn't correct. My understanding is that Ford is reaching out to encourage dealers to have some stock builds ready, but that nobody is being "offered" stock builds, instead they are being told that if no orders can be built for their monthly allocation that stock builds will be produced and delivered for those monthly allocations.

Also, my understanding is that stock builds are pretty restricted on options right now - first and foremost being soft top only, and other constraints are off limits too?

Thanks for any guidance that can be provided on this.

There weren't 190k orders, there were 190k reservations. There were 120-130k reservations actually converted to orders if I recall correctly.
I’ve seen a dealer already selling stock units. Cleveland ford in Tennessee. The restrictions were base or big bend only four-door soft top no modular bumper no tow package 2.3 only. Before they give dealer allocations they really should’ve searched all the reservations to make sure there were no buildable units. It seems that allocations played a role into that also.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This has been stated over and over again and again. We get it. 🤨
Don’t bust my balls. Maybe you should read what I replied to so you can better understand why I said what I said. Everyone wants to point the finger at Ford when it’s not really fully in their control.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t bust my balls. Maybe you should read what I replied to so you can better understand why I said what I said. Everyone wants to point the finger at Ford when it’s not really fully in their control.
No it’s the dealer AND Ford . One hand washes the other.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I see more U tube videos of the Bronco by the usual u tube stars. They must have been a day 1 reservation. There has got to be some back room decisions as to who gets what and when. I hope I am wrong but I see the first in line getting shafted. Between the covid, roof issues and the parts supply chain issues I am really not wanting to get into this for a while. But I probably will eventually join the masses in the dash like the ones leaving certain states for others.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This may not be the thread, but I'd love to be corrected if this isn't correct. My understanding is that Ford is reaching out to encourage dealers to have some stock builds ready, but that nobody is being "offered" stock builds, instead they are being told that if no orders can be built for their monthly allocation that stock builds will be produced and delivered for those monthly allocations.

Also, my understanding is that stock builds are pretty restricted on options right now - first and foremost being soft top only, and other constraints are off limits too?

Thanks for any guidance that can be provided on this.

There weren't 190k orders, there were 190k reservations. There were 120-130k reservations actually converted to orders if I recall correctly.

This is correct. Ford is going to roll through your retail orders to find what can be built. If they can't find a match they will build you a stock order that fits their parameters.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is correct. Ford is going to roll through your retail orders to find what can be built. If they can't find a match they will build you a stock order that fits their parameters.
Would be nice if they searched all dealers to honor the reservation holders first.

Sponsored

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would be nice if they searched all dealers to honor the reservation holders first.

I agree! That would be beneficial to us! But, I don't think there system is setup to operate that way even if they wanted to.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This story made me think about how badly I want my Bronco. I'm willing to put up with MIC top issues but I'm drawing the line at not honoring pricing. It's probably the single thing that will make me walk, I'd rather make a new res and punt for MY23.

There's no other new cars I'm even slightly interested in, so I think finding a clean Samurai or maaaaybe a TJ might be the play in the meantime.
How about a Jimny.? You can get into one cheap. Gray market it over here.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I agree! That would be beneficial to us! But, I don't think there system is setup to operate that way even if they wanted to.
I know how Ford likes to complicate things, it seems really simple to search for buildable res orders. You guys would fill a lot of orders if they did it like that.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about a Jimny.? You can get into one cheap. Gray market it over here.
I would love one, but I believe they are still kind of a hassle to import and register.