First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You have a nice garage, high ceilings ... have you thought about a pulley system for the mod top? If you back it in you should have all kinds of clearance to pull it!
I'm definitely thinking about that. That'll make a nice winter project when I have some time.
Sponsored

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
You have a nice garage, high ceilings ... have you thought about a pulley system for the mod top? If you back it in you should have all kinds of clearance to pull it!
I'm wondering what the weight of the back section is without the gunner's hatch and rear windows. My wife is small but pretty strong. I wonder if removing the gunner's hatch and rear windows would make it nice and light and easy to take in and off.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I don't know why so many people are surprised by this. Toyota does the same on TRD Pro. If you're buying a trim for a specific colour, you're probably buying the wrong trim.
True. Toyota used to keep the 4Runner TRD PRO exclusive color, exclusive. They always shared it the following year on the Tacoma and Tundra but left it exclusive on the 4runner....until recently. Colors like inferno, quicksand, cavalry blue, and voodoo blue were never made available on other trims. But then they started sharing colors like cement, army green, lunar rock and lime rush. I had a Voodoo blue 4Runner TRD PRO and it was nice having a color that was different and not widely available. I traded that for a 2023 Solar Octane TRD PRO. I'm not sure if that will be available on a 2024 4Runner. I know it's available on the new 2024 Tacoma. Sometimes it's nice having something that is more exclusive and not widely available and it definitely helps on resale if you have a rare color and someone really wants that color. Ask a lot of women. I know, every time I talk about getting a new vehicle I go on and on about all the technical specs, horsepower, options, capabilities and such. My wife's first question??? "Yeah, but what color is it?" 🙄

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm wondering what the weight of the back section is without the gunner's hatch and rear windows. My wife is small but pretty strong. I wonder if removing the gunner's hatch and rear windows would make it nice and light and easy to take in and off.
Here's the weights of the MIC and soft tops, not sure if I've ever seen the mod top weight but it should be a little heavier. With the windows and gunners hatch out I'd guess it weighs the same as the MIC???

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club 1000005665

Sponsored

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Here's the weights of the MIC and soft tops, not sure if I've ever seen the mod top weight but it should be a little heavier. With the windows and gunners hatch out I'd guess it weighs the same as the MIC???

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club 1000005665
That's a good question. I'm guessing it might still be a little lighter than the MIC top with the windows and gunners hatch out. Still, 80 pounds seems very light for two people.

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

True. Toyota used to keep the 4Runner TRD PRO exclusive color, exclusive. They always shared it the following year on the Tacoma and Tundra but left it exclusive on the 4runner....until recently. Colors like inferno, quicksand, cavalry blue, and voodoo blue were never made available on other trims. But then they started sharing colors like cement, army green, lunar rock and lime rush. I had a Voodoo blue 4Runner TRD PRO and it was nice having a color that was different and not widely available. I traded that for a 2023 Solar Octane TRD PRO. I'm not sure if that will be available on a 2024 4Runner. I know it's available on the new 2024 Tacoma. Sometimes it's nice having something that is more exclusive and not widely available and it definitely helps on resale if you have a rare color and someone really wants that color. Ask a lot of women. I know, every time I talk about getting a new vehicle I go on and on about all the technical specs, horsepower, options, capabilities and such. My wife's first question??? "Yeah, but what color is it?" 🙄
Next gen Tacoma on my list of ford don’t figure it out.

i did get offered a 23’ TRD pro Tacoma as well when I inquired out about next gen, it was solar octane beautiful colour.

18KingRanch

Heritage
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 REB HEL,‘18 F250, ‘15 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Does any other HEL reservation owner wished that had limited REB to HEL v. now available on 2024 HEs? Part of reason for HEL was unique color, now maybe save $20K and get HE
Yes, I am very disappointed that they made REB available to HE orders. No offense to the HE guys but I bought an HEL for three reasons. It had every option I wanted ie. LUX, SAS, MOD. a unique color that stands out and it is a truly Limited edition. Only 3932 total will be made in three different colors so maybe only 1900 to 2000 REB HEL’s will be made? Now that you can get an HE in that color, that number may double making mine a little less unique. So many cars today are black, white or gray/silver and I hate to follow the crowd so I was very excited to see and buy an HEL knowing that I will rarely see another one, except for the Bronco Bash maybe?

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Does any other HEL reservation owner wished that had limited REB to HEL v. now available on 2024 HEs? Part of reason for HEL was unique color, now maybe save $20K and get HE
Yeah the Limited had the exclusive colors going for it and people were stepping up and dropping their cash to get them. I feel like it dilutes the Limited for sure. Sounds like other manufacturers like Toyota are already doing this. I think Ford should have at least charged the Azure Gray Metallic price as a money grab for people dropping down to get Robin's Egg. Yes I understand Azure is a tri coat. So far the regular Heritage, at least for MY23 and definately 2 doors, is as rare or more rare than the Limiteds. I'm very interested to see what if anything Ford does with Peak Blue. I know a lot of us are getting focused on VINs and delivery for MY23 but did anyone see the small print on the Ford page for Heritage. They changed the text to Q2 2024. It used to say Q2 2023. I wonder if that's the Rockstar at work or real? If its real get ready to wait and I wonder if this is why the black mod top still hasn't shown up? And also delayed ordering for the 2 door? Also no Oates on the MY24 order guide, but the Bronco Sport got a new trim.
Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club Screenshot_20230824_174751_Chrome

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yeah the Limited had the exclusive colors going for it and people were stepping up and dropping their cash to get them. I feel like it dilutes the Limited for sure. Sounds like other manufacturers like Toyota are already doing this. I think Ford should have at least charged the Azure Gray Metallic price as a money grab for people dropping down to get Robin's Egg. Yes I understand Azure is a tri coat. So far the regular Heritage, at least for MY23 and definately 2 doors, is as rare or more rare than the Limiteds. I'm very interested to see what if anything Ford does with Peak Blue. I know a lot of us are getting focused on VINs and delivery for MY23 but did anyone see the small print on the Ford page for Heritage. They changed the text to Q2 2024. It used to say Q2 2023. I wonder if that's the Rockstar at work or real? If its real get ready to wait and I wonder if this is why the black mod top still hasn't shown up? And also delayed ordering for the 2 door? Also no Oates on the MY24 order guide, but the Bronco Sport got a new trim.
Screenshot_20230824_174751_Chrome.jpg
It also says current unscheduled orders exclusively! Yikes!

I guess that’s what happens when you have to build them by hand! :cool:

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford Bronco HERITAGE EDITION Bronco Club Screenshot_20230824_174751_Chrome
F'n Ford, here, I fixed it for everyone:

Celebrate the Bronco® SUV legacy with styling cues direct from the 1966 original. Find an Oxford White two-tone painted roof, Heritage Edition Bronco® script badging, and a throwback white painted grille.

Available Q2 2024. Bronco® Heritage Editions are exclusively available for current unscheduled order holders we screwed over in '23. However, supplies are unobtanium and our word means shit.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I don't know why so many people are surprised by this. Toyota does the same on TRD Pro. If you're buying a trim for a specific colour, you're probably buying the wrong trim.
So if we want the specific color we should buy another trim?

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Screenshot_20230824_174751_Chrome.jpg
Don’t forget, the HEL is more than likely a trim to appease dealers.
So if we want the specific color we should buy another trim?
No, I'm saying if you're buying a trim because of a colour then you probably don't care about the actual specifications of the trim.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
F'n Ford, here, I fixed it for everyone:

Celebrate the Bronco® SUV legacy with styling cues direct from the 1966 original. Find an Oxford White two-tone painted roof, Heritage Edition Bronco® script badging, and a throwback white painted grille.

Available Q2 2024. Bronco® Heritage Editions are exclusively available for current unscheduled order holders we screwed over in '23. However, supplies are unobtanium and our word means shit.
And yes, you no longer have a Private Offer. Supplies are limited, if you're ambitious enough to even pursue it.
Sponsored