Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage & Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Kicking around the idea of buying a dealers allocation that is coming in this year. Obviously an ADM is unavoidable with such an exclusive model. My question - do you all believe this model will retain its value longer term more so than other models?
Ultimately I'm trying to determine if the 7500 ADM is worth it for me.
Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would love to get one, but I figure 10-20k is the expected amount of markup which means I won't touch it. And yes, with a limit of 1966 units I expect that this will hold it's resale over time more so than other trims. But this is my opinion only.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kicking around the idea of buying a dealers allocation that is coming in this year. Obviously an ADM is unavoidable with such an exclusive model. My question - do you all believe this model will retain its value longer term more so than other models?
In 3 to 5 years all Broncos are going to depreciate the same, except Raptor, you will lose that ADM on top of depreciation. 99% of the time if you pay over retail that is an instant loss.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If I was after a Limited I would pony up the $7500. Now for long-term collectibility/value retention I have no clue, there will be less of them produced (1966 of each) than there were First Editions (supposed to have been 7k of them). I'm sure we'll see a few of them on Barrett Jackson and Bring a Trailer go for at least $20k over sticker at the beginning and then settle out like the First Edition did but really we've only seen short-term value ... now in 20 years when we're all forced into EV's who knows?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think you’re looking at this with the more risky thought process.

At the end of the day, it’s a Ford and one that Ford will make roughly 200K of per year very soon. The average person has no idea what they’re looking at besides maybe the detail of the white top with no concept of how rare it is or whatever that we all know because we actually care a bit.

Cars that are collectors items are much more limited such as a 911 Club Sport, or some Ferrari where you have to own a small country in the Middle East and an oil fortune to get, or just move a lot of the powder stuff.

For rare normal cars, you should be thinking in terms of decades rather than years. A Limited Edition Ford anything not called GT won’t really show any serious ROI for maybe 30-40 years from today, and even then, who knows?

An F-150 Raptor will be worth nothing really, nor the Bronco Raptor until that far out. So sorry to break everyone‘s heart on the forum.

So, might as well buy your Bronco and actually use it to make some memories which are much more valuable than just money which never lasts as long as it’s meant too.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jason2833

Jason2833

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage & Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Love all the feedback from the group. The points made by everyone are great.

Appreciate a community thats active, thoughtful and timely in their responses. Thank you

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Buying a new vehicle as an investment is a tactical error.

I'm in the camp of thinking Limited is the worst trim Bronco. It's just exclusive for the sake of being exclusive. It looks like brown interior, paint color and the white painted top are what makes it special.

I'd rather have HOSS 3.0 from the WT since you're limited to the same drivetrain choice already. Save the cash and get a loaded Badlands instead. If you're already paying a good chunk of ADM, go Raptor hunting.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In 3 to 5 years all Broncos are going to depreciate the same, except Raptor (which will still depreciate, but more than likely not as much), you will lose that ADM on top of depreciation. 99% of the time if you pay over retail that is an instant loss.
Fixed it for ya.

PPJJFF

Heritage
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and BMW 428I
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
If I was after a Limited I would pony up the $7500. Now for long-term collectibility/value retention I have no clue, there will be less of them produced (1966 of each) than there were First Editions (supposed to have been 7k of them). I'm sure we'll see a few of them on Barrett Jackson and Bring a Trailer go for at least $20k over sticker at the beginning and then settle out like the First Edition did but really we've only seen short-term value ... now in 20 years when we're all forced into EV's who knows?
Well said. I believe these will hold up very well. Low production #'s and a very desirable package. I'm paying 5K ADM and very happy with that. Most are 10K to 20K ADM. Good luck either way.

OldMetal

Heritage
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT500, 2008 F150, 1977 Cadillac Eldorado,
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Assuming Ford really does limit the HE Ltd. to 1,966 units (and there is no reason to expect anything different) I would expect the value to hold much better than the average Bronco.

$7,500 over MSRP is about as cheap as any dealer will sell them as each dealer is essentially only getting one allocation. So if you have a desire to own one, you aren't going to find one much cheaper. You'll hear stories of someone that got it at MSRP or less than $7,500 over MSRP. But hearing about it and finding a deal you can execute on are two different things.

As a a pure investment? Most vehicles are poor investments. But are you are looking for a slower depreciating model of a Bronco that you want? The HE Ltd. seems like a decent bet. Besides, if you spec out a Wildtrack as close to the HE Ltd. as you can, it's within ~$2k and it doesn't have the uniqueness of the HEL. So, yeah, I think the $7,500 premium is worth it if you like the HEL and are trying to find a slower depreciating Bronco than the rest. But that's only an opinion. Any purchase of a relatively rare but still depreciating asset, especially if you expect the economy to slow, is simply a bet on how quickly it will depreciate.

Sponsored

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$7500:unsure:...Could be a decently exotic vacation for two and please your wife...while still justifying and affording a lower trim too....or simply enjoy the purchase and do not worry about an exotic vacation/just drive it and smile exotically?

AND-Do not forget-you will still need to modify it regardless of the trim.
Required when Bronco is on your property/acreage.

Either way- Life is short, smile and don't look back!

thebigbadyeti

Base
First Name
Jonbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Oldsmobile 442
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2 cents, since you asked:

1. Do you want to pay $7500 more than Ford says it costs ?
2. I’d advise against purchasing a depreciating asset with an eye on holding value. Instead ask yourself does this suit my needs and wants in a vehicle?
3. Answer 2 and refer back to 1.
Personally I absolutely refuse to pay a penny over sticker for anything, if I can’t have it my way I’ll just do without. In short buy the vehicle to enjoy it. If it retains its value ? Yay
 but it shouldn’t be much of a deciding factor.

Last edited:

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my opinion, if you're looking to purchase a Bronco as an investment something like this would be a better place to start.

28383102-1972-ford-bronco-thumb.jpg

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Think you’re looking at this with the more risky thought process.

At the end of the day, it’s a Ford and one that Ford will make roughly 200K of per year very soon. The average person has no idea what they’re looking at besides maybe the detail of the white top with no concept of how rare it is or whatever that we all know because we actually care a bit.

Cars that are collectors items are much more limited such as a 911 Club Sport, or some Ferrari where you have to own a small country in the Middle East and an oil fortune to get, or just move a lot of the powder stuff.

For rare normal cars, you should be thinking in terms of decades rather than years. A Limited Edition Ford anything not called GT won’t really show any serious ROI for maybe 30-40 years from today, and even then, who knows?

An F-150 Raptor will be worth nothing really, nor the Bronco Raptor until that far out. So sorry to break everyone‘s heart on the forum.

So, might as well buy your Bronco and actually use it to make some memories which are much more valuable than just money which never lasts as long as it’s meant too.

I agree that if you are buying it to daily drive and expect it to be a collectible in 20-30 years, there will be a market but the ones that will bring big money are the ones that someone bought and put in a warehouse with 4k miles on it.

That said, with only 1,966 of the HLE being made, its a pretty rare car. For some perspective, that is fewer of that model/trim than almost any model ferrari has sold to the public since the early 2000s. It is almost as rare as the Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona (1,284).

Of course, the question is whether or not the heritage edition stays a one year only deal or if it becomes a retro model with normal production in 2024. I remember people thought the 2007 Mazdaspeed3 was going to be a collector because there were only going to be 7500 of them, then they were so popular Mazda made tons the next year. Ford did something similar with the Lightning around 1999 when they started making all they could sell because they were so popular.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
In my opinion, if you're looking to purchase a Bronco as an investment something like this would be a better place to start.

Ford Bronco Heritage Limited Edition and ADM 28383102-1972-ford-bronco-thumb
Great looking Wagon
Sponsored