Sponsored

Highest quality/longest lasting spare tire brake light?

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello, everyone.

I'm super-picky about the quality of the mods I install. I hate using cheap Chinese junk that breaks in no time at all. It doesn't have to be the flashiest--just looking for a spare tire brake light that will last. I don't want to replace in 6 months because a bunch of the LEDs died.

Appreciate any recommendations!
Sponsored

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a reason you are replacing the factory one? The original OEM is pretty decent quality, I think if I broke mine, I'd actually get another Ford one. To make it visible over larger tire, I'd still stick with the OEM and get an extender. (That's what I did..)

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello, everyone.

I'm super-picky about the quality of the mods I install. I hate using cheap Chinese junk that breaks in no time at all. It doesn't have to be the flashiest--just looking for a spare tire brake light that will last. I don't want to replace in 6 months because a bunch of the LEDs died.

Appreciate any recommendations!
I've had a $25 amazon one for 2 years. No issues and it's super bright. 10 minute install.
Ford Bronco Highest quality/longest lasting spare tire brake light? 20230424_153406

OP
OP
bek

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is there a reason you are replacing the factory one? The original OEM is pretty decent quality, I think if I broke mine, I'd actually get another Ford one. To make it visible over larger tire, I'd still stick with the OEM and get an extender. (That's what I did..)
Oh, I'm not replacing the third brake light. I'm adding one of those spare tire brake lights. Partially for aesthetics, but also for added safety.

OP
OP
bek

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

10 minutes really? Which one is that?
This one, it's $35 now. It was $25 in 2021. It says it does not fit the bronco, but you literally just have to drill an extra hole for the lug bolt and it fits perfect.
Gubebaili Spare Tire Brake Light for Jeep Wrangler JK 2007-2018 & JL/JLU 2018+, LED3rd Third Brake Light, Double Red Light https://a.co/d/1dRehJw
Sponsored