MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m not sure I understand exactly but thatā€™s probably what happens if you put it in neutral while hill start is engaged.

It turns out it will come standard on two door and four door. Yay!!!
Sponsored

Six Miles South

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I was 16 and had my first truck (Nissan Hardbody), my older brother gave me a crash course on driving manual. The next day I went out by myself to get some miles in, I pulled up to a stop on a fairly large hill. And stalled it. And again. And again. I was there for like 10 minutes. I was so frustrated that I didn't realize I had it in 3rd, not 1st. Ah good times.

30 years of driving manual and I don't think I'll need the hill assist. Good to know you can disable it.

Side note: the clutch on that truck was still good at 150K when I sold it.

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know on the 2020 Mustang I test drove you could turn off both the hill assist and the stop/start in the menu and it wouldn't come back on. Thankful they do it that way because pressing a button everytime I get in would be so annoying.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Are there any modern manual cars manufactured today that *don't* have hill start assist?

JKs have it, Toyotas have it, Honda and subaru have it. Who doesn't?

I would definitely count on the Bronco having it.
Do the JKs have it? I will have to experiment because I donā€™t think my ā€˜08 does unless you are talking about two stage clutch.

If it does, haha, here I am using the handbrake all old skool and donā€™t need it.

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have it on my 16 focus. Works great. But I also know how to keep it from engaging if I want rock at a light. Plus it's really easy to turn off through the sync system.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you will need the hill start feature, because Bronco doesn't offer a manual hand brake?
This. Without the hill start feature, you are burning the clutch to get going on an incline. Because Bronco has no manual hand brake. I will likely get the manual trans, but no hand brake is a major fail.

Off-road when starting on a steep incline, you will likely have to start in gear (crawler gear) if Ford allows that feature. I would not want to count on hill assist in a critical situation off-road.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^ The "Manual Hand Brake" is the Hill Start Assist that the MT Bronco should have.
SMH @ FoMoCo.... Major FAIL!!!!!! MAJOR.......

OP
OP
MVP

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^ The "Manual Hand Brake" is the Hill Start Assist that the MT Bronco should have.
SMH @ FoMoCo.... Major FAIL!!!!!! MAJOR.......
Meh, Iā€™d rather have Hill start assist. I mean I wouldnā€™t mind having a hand brake but I would choose the assist over it.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^ Why can't we have Both?????

There are times with a MT that you need to be able to modulate the Fuel, Clutch & Brakes.
The Only way to do this in Real Time is with a Manual Hand Brake Leaver.

Left Foot (Clutch), Right Foot (Fuel), Left Hand (Steering Wheel) ......
and the Right Hand (Manual Hand Brake).

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd think having those features would be a good thing, especially if you can turn them off. Maybe if new people to manuals knew about them or Ford advertised those features, they would consider a manual knowing those features can help learn.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Are there any modern manual cars manufactured today that *don't* have hill start assist?

JKs have it, Toyotas have it, Honda and subaru have it. Who doesn't?

I would definitely count on the Bronco having it.
I checked - no - at least the early JKs do not have hill assist. Dual stage clutch does help with not stalling though. It may be the later 3.6L JKs do.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like the trail one pedal takes place of the hill assist

Ford Bronco Hill Start Assist 1598885529946

Deleted member 13702

I keep coming back to the manual, and debating should I, shouldnā€™t I.

For me, I can drive a manual; I used to drive large 8 speed dump trucks. Itā€™s more about livability.

Iā€™m not rich and this truck will be my daily driver. I want something fun, but also easy for going back and forth to work, or taking on vacation. I like the idea of the manual, but Iā€™m not sure if I will still be enamored with it in two years.

I love the idea of rowing gears with the top off on the trail or at the beach. With that said, anything that negates the cons of driving a manual on hills or in traffic etc. Iā€™m all for. I havenā€™t found any literature that says it will have hill stop assist, but I for one hope it has it.

On a separate note, I still canā€™t help but laugh at people that scoff at features designed to make a manual easier to drive on a daily basis, then opt for an auto, all while buying one of the most tech focused SUVs on the planet. An SUV that has a dial to select off-road modes so you donā€™t have to think about it, which includes one pedal driving, turn assist, hill descent, oh and hill control assist (just designed for the auto), Hypocritical much?

OP
OP
MVP

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep coming back to the manual, and debating should I, shouldnā€™t I.

For me, I can drive a manual; I used to drive large 8 speed dump trucks. Itā€™s more about livability.

Iā€™m not rich and this truck will be my daily driver. I want something fun, but also easy for going back and forth to work, or taking on vacation. I like the idea of the manual, but Iā€™m not sure if I will still be enamored with it in two years.

I love the idea of rowing gears with the top off on the trail or at the beach. With that said, anything that negates the cons of driving a manual on hills or in traffic etc. Iā€™m all for. I havenā€™t found any literature that says it will have hill stop assist, but I for one hope it has it.

On a separate note, I still canā€™t help but laugh at people that scoff at features designed to make a manual easier to drive on a daily basis, then opt for an auto, all while buying one of the most tech focused SUVs on the planet. An SUV that has a dial to select off-road modes so you donā€™t have to think about it, which includes one pedal driving, turn assist, hill descent, oh and hill control assist (just designed for the auto), Hypocritical much?
As far as I know it was confirmed that it has hill start assist.

Iā€™m getting the manual but itā€™s not going to be my daily driver. I had a 2010 Mustang GT that was my dd and I got the auto. There were so many times that I wished I had gotten a manual so Iā€™m not making that mistake again.

Any fun car I get will be manual if itā€™s available.

I mean all the other dd stuff you could be doing with your hands you probably shouldnā€™t be like messing with your phone.
Sponsored