K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I searched but couldn't find an answer.

I've tried programming the home link buttons on the visor of my FE using the steps in the online manual with no luck.

I have two garage door openers, both LiftMaster 8500W models.

Per the LiftMaster website & manual:

Program the HomeLink according to vehicle instructions. If after ONE attempt to program the HomeLink to the garage door opener and you are unsuccessful, install a repeater.

Has anyone else with this model garage door opener successfully programmed their HomeLink visor buttons without installing a repeater?

I've pressed the learn button, then held the button a few different times for 2 seconds, per the Ford manual, to no avail. I've tried resetting the buttons in case they were somehow already programmed, but still no luck.

Any troubleshooting I can do? Do I really need to purchase a separate kit? I thought this was for older vehicles to be compatible. Thanks in advance for any assistance or tips.
Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following as I had the same issue. Never had a problem programming homelink in any of my other vehicles.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had Liftmaster 8500 openers in my last house. I don't remember having issues programming the Homelink buttons in my F150. Do you have a remote for your door openers? That is what I used IIRC. Push the learn button on the opener and push the appropriate buttons on Homelink to put it in program mode then push the remote button until the Homelink buttons flash. I may have the steps out of order, but that's what I remember.

Belem

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda MX-5/2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I programmed mine using the remote and NOT the learn button. Totally different experience than my Mazda.

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I 2nd using the remote and not the learn button...

Sponsored

jakej

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It t
I searched but couldn't find an answer.

I've tried programming the home link buttons on the visor of my FE using the steps in the online manual with no luck.

I have two garage door openers, both LiftMaster 8500W models.

Per the LiftMaster website & manual:

Program the HomeLink according to vehicle instructions. If after ONE attempt to program the HomeLink to the garage door opener and you are unsuccessful, install a repeater.

Has anyone else with this model garage door opener successfully programmed their HomeLink visor buttons without installing a repeater?

I've pressed the learn button, then held the button a few different times for 2 seconds, per the Ford manual, to no avail. I've tried resetting the buttons in case they were somehow already programmed, but still no luck.

Any troubleshooting I can do? Do I really need to purchase a separate kit? I thought this was for older vehicles to be compatible. Thanks in advance for any assistance or tips.
It took me about 20 minutes and several tries to program my 2 garage doors, including a LiftMaster (but different model). I tried both the remote sync and learn button on opener. Eventually, when I moved the Bronco right in front of each door it synced up, and has worked since. Kind of felt like the signal to sync with opening might have been a little weak.

bronco_rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve only ever been able to make Homelink work by using the original remote to teach the homelink. One time I had lost the original remote, so I had to go buy a cheap universal remote and teach it to match the opener, then used it to teach the homelink.
Sponsored