Sponsored

Hood ajar notification while driving down the road?

FowlBronco77

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Explorer, Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Ok, it’s getting a new hood latch next week. The new hood latch has a different (updated) part number. My dealer gets parts from the DC warehouse I’m told and where there is normally hundreds of them, there were 2, now 1. I’ll update once I see the new switch and any differences.
Thanks, appreciate the updates.
Sponsored

EL in NH

Base
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 23 sent the hood ajar message to my phone once and another time while i was driving. I slammed the bejeezus out of the hood and it has not happened since (750 miles)

BlueBuffalo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2.7 Sasquatch big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Hood ajar notification while driving down the road? DA7F9DAA-7A7E-4762-AB4B-3809FF5A0D65

***update**. Had my latch replaced and no issues so far. If you have an issue with yours I would take it to the dealership and get it fixed under warranty. Hopefully you won’t hear from me again on this issue LOL.

Same issue…. Actually happened the first day I drove it home from the dealership. I just assumed the sales rep didn’t shut it well… then alarm would go off in the middle of the night… then at work… then beeping while driving…. Drives me nuts…. I’ve had to take it in twice. First time they “adjusted it”…. Then decided to replace it. I suggest if you ever take it to the dealership you ask them to order a new one and disconnect it to keep the alarm from going off…. Sounds like there was a bad batch of these from November to January

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brought it to the dealer after the alarm went off like 8-10 times in a week. I took a screen shot every time my app went off, since they automatically erase themselves with subsequent alarms.

They found a defective hood latch/sensor. Had it replaced under warranty. So far so good.
So it is indeed a defective hood sensor? Figured. This has happened to me like everyone else; multiple times. For me thus far, opening and shutting clears the issue for a while, then a few days later, it’s back.

Wish the release weren’t plastic either, but expected in a modern vehicle.

Maybe I can wait until my oil change, but if it gets worse, like when moving as many of you experience, will have to take it in.

This sounds like what should be a recall.…

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a hood latch issue with mine from day one of purchase. I took it in and there were two other Broncos in service for the same issue. Mine turned out to be two things.

1. Hood was severely out of alignment. This is something you could see, and it was BAD. I fixed this issue on my own before taking it to the dealer.
2. Turns out my hood latch was under way too much tension. Dealer loosened it some and its been working perfectly with no issues since.

Mine never gave me the hood ajar notification, but the alarm was going off every 5 minutes with no one around it, at all times of day/night. I'd get a notification on my phone stating that the hood latch had been popped.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a hood latch issue with mine from day one of purchase. I took it in and there were two other Broncos in service for the same issue. Min turned out to be two things.

1. Hood was severely out of alignment. This is something you could see, and it was BAD. I fixed this issue on my own before taking it to the dealer.
2. Turns out my hood latch was under way too much tension. Dealer loosened it some and its been working perfectly with no issues since.

Mine never gave me the hood ajar notification, but the alarm was going off ever 5 minutes with no one around it, at all times of day/night. I'd get a notification on my phone stating that the the hood latch had been popped.
Ok, you’re making me wonder…..

Well, my hood seems to be aligned well. I installed lights the second week and first thing I checked were for panel gaps, so the MAP crew did a good job on the line with mine.

Glad adjusting the tension may have worked for you. I’d prefer the part just be replaced since the part seems to have been updated.

These things happen with technology sometimes. The Ford rep on here actively monitoring is reassuring to me since at least they aren’t ignoring the problem, but stepping up to address it when they learn of it.

Could just be a bad batch or the manufacturer.

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, you’re making me wonder…..

Well, my hood seems to be aligned well. I installed lights the second week and first thing I checked were for panel gaps, so the MAP crew did a good job on the line with mine.

Glad adjusting the tension may have worked for you. I’d prefer the part just be replaced since the part seems to have been updated.

These things happen with technology sometimes. The Ford rep on here actively monitoring is reassuring to me since at least they aren’t ignoring the problem, but stepping up to address it when they learn of it.

Could just be a bad batch or the manufacturer.

I and the tech definitely thought the hood latch was going to need to be replaced. If the issue comes back, I will for sure have them replace the whole latch.

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gen 6, 88 Gen 4, 05 Excursion, 90 Ram SEMA rig
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No solves but you can add me to the problem list. Happened a few times but n a row coming out of the stereo shop then went away for a week or two then t was 2-3 times daily. Had to leave the truck unlocked which is NOT an option then today it must have happened 10 times. I adjusted he bumps all the way up hoping to bend it at a little to keep contact and that didn’t help. It seems to get worse with heat. Dreading taking it to the dealer to get jerked around / part not available / can’t duplicate it. It looks like it just goes to ground so I may ohm it out to confirm and just cut and ground the wire to save the hassle.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No solves but you can add me to the problem list. Happened a few times but n a row coming out of the stereo shop then went away for a week or two then t was 2-3 times daily. Had to leave the truck unlocked which is NOT an option then today it must have happened 10 times. I adjusted he bumps all the way up hoping to bend it at a little to keep contact and that didn’t help. It seems to get worse with heat. Dreading taking it to the dealer to get jerked around / part not available / can’t duplicate it. It looks like it just goes to ground so I may ohm it out to confirm and just cut and ground the wire to save the hassle.
Good morning! I'd like to look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

OWLF1

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands; 2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2023 Badlands threw this error for the first time today. Built 12/5/22, delivered 1/2/23, 433mi. Definitely seems like a bad batch of sensors…

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2023 Badlands threw this error for the first time today. Built 12/5/22, delivered 1/2/23, 433mi. Definitely seems like a bad batch of sensors…
There is. Ford has already released an SSM detailing this. Hood latch replacement is the repair.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Occurred to mine on Friday.

MichelleGreen

Black Diamond
First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have had my Bronco since the end of January. While it is parked at home my alarm has gone off a few times and I get a message saying my hood is being opened.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have had my Bronco since the end of January. While it is parked at home my alarm has gone off a few times and I get a message saying my hood is being opened.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Divebmbr

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add me to list. I’ve owned my 2 door Badlands for 3 days and I got the “hood is ajar” warning within the first 70 miles the first day. Alarm triggered at 5am the first night. Day 2, nothing. Today, day 3, alarm triggered in driveway then got the hood is ajar warning 2 mins into a drive. @Ford Motor Company must know this is an issue. They have to know it’s a problem if I knew about it before I purchased my vehicle. That’s why I didn’t freak out and pull over when I got the hood warning. My neighbors are going to be less than pleased when it goes off again.
Sponsored