First Name
Gabby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Funny you mention tire replacement. After having my Mustang for a month (and less than 1000 miles) I just had to replace the rear passenger tire due to a huge hole from a screw puncture. And yep, it was about $375 all in.

I have a tire and wheel replacement plan from the dealer, so it should be covered (we'll see). I knew the crappy Michigan roads wouldn't be kind to the low profile tires, so I opted for the tire and wheel plan. One tire replacement and it pays for itself.

And lucky me, I also got a huge windshield chip on my new Bronco Sport, 3 months after getting it. Michigan roads suck!!!!!
Geez, that's crazy. Ohioan here with a 2017 Mustang Ecoboost with the 19" rims. She's my daily driver and I have a summer and winter set of rims/tires. Just had to get new summer tires (they were the original Pirelli's) and got 4 goodyear all seasons mounted and balanced for $550. I blew a tire maybe 3 years ago and it was $100 out the door for a new pirelli.

She'll be the car I trade in for my Bronco (if it ever comes).... Trading one pony car for another. Local dealer is currently offering me about $5k more in trade in value than what they were a year ago. Fingers crossed it comes soon lol.
Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And lucky me, I also got a huge windshield chip on my new Bronco Sport, 3 months after getting it. Michigan roads suck!!!!!
It's either it's just bad luck, the windshield angle, or the thickness of the glass Ford uses, but my current Escape has had two windshields replaced in 5 years for cracks, and the thing is a chip / scuff magnet in general. I'm trying to drive it as little as possible until I get my replacement vehicle because I don't want to deal with yet another replacement. I thought maybe the hood line was related, but if the Bronco Sport is having the same issue, that isn't it.

Rakkasan187

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco, 2020 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am starting to wonder about all these commodity issues. This very well could be the case, but what if it is just a way for them to keep supply low while demand is high. It seems to me that a lot of manufacturers have realized that they can manufacture less creating a manipulated supply and demand chain. Creating inflated prices on these goods (which we are already seeing). All the while using covid as their excuse. Ford has already came out and said they will be moving to a customer order base system instead of building stock units for dealerships. Call me crazy, but just a thought.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I swam to my lifeboat a month ago - a 2021 Mustang GT Convertible and I couldn't be happier!
Careful Jennifer, those things are addictive. The wife has an '18 GT Vert. She said she'll be only 80 year old woman in town driving a Mustang GT, 'cause she's never going to let it go. :)

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am starting to wonder about all these commodity issues. This very well could be the case, but what if it is just a way for them to keep supply low while demand is high. It seems to me that a lot of manufacturers have realized that they can manufacture less creating a manipulated supply and demand chain. Creating inflated prices on these goods (which we are already seeing). All the while using covid as their excuse. Ford has already came out and said they will be moving to a customer order base system instead of building stock units for dealerships. Call me crazy, but just a thought.
Okay, I’ll call you crazy. ;)

Ford wants to mass produce vehicles.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We haven't scheduled anything for this week again. I'm not sure the reasoning behind why they delay the scheduling. What I can tell you is that we had another wholesale and they gave us the exact same units to schedule again for the month of October production. So that is telling me they are confident they can produce these units in September still.
Has anyone explained to the OP what he's seeing or is everyone too panicked? @Zach@Granger @flip. @Cincykyle1020 do you know what you're looking at? Did you happen to notice that there's no scheduling this week and what you're seeing is normal?

It may be out of date, but this was posted before and is accurate info from Ford for known September commodities. The only one I expect to be more fluid is the MIC top as we all know.

Bronco Commodity September.PNG
That's what happened with us, we actual got more units for October.
OK kiddie's, here's the ones in the know kind of throwing us a lifeline here. Things may not be a bad as we've made them out to be. However I understand at this point, and time we are geared to see the worst in anything concerning constraint, and production scheduling. It does seem no one here, including these good dealers, know exactly why this change in the August production schedule happened. Hopefully something will leak soon, and it will be nothing. Yeah, I know, it being "nothing" is very hard to believe after all we have been through.

Zimm

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gwagon, Trooper RS, Lx470, FJ40, FJ60, MGBGT, F350
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Actually, Fords decision to move to a made to order JIT system would make it MORE susceptible to interruptions, as part of the goal is to cut down the costs associated with warehousing across the entire process. Typically the manufacturer attempts to offset the impact of single points of failure in JIT by setting up more than one supplier for each part. But, with a world wide demand outstripping supply, eventually any system of production will be affected. No chips? No ECU/TCU's for anybody.

Interestingly, up until WW2 Ford was developing a supply chain system that would have been pretty much like the TPS system Toyota uses. (Who out and out emulated US supermarkets (read: Taichi Ohno, "Toyota Production System") ) But, WW2 came along, Ford joined the war effort, and continued with the success they saw in ordering huge parts quantities for reduced production costs and warehousing the parts.

And here we are.....

That having been said, I just removed the GM/TBI and installed a Holley Sniper on my FJ60, that it appears I'll be wheeling for the next couple of years.

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would love to at least attempt Black Bear Pass in a lifted BS. I wonder if I would be the first to attempt it? If I do, I will definitely record it.
I would definitely watch this video. I want to do Black Bear Pass when I have my Bronco. There's no way 1) my wife would go with me and 2) she would let me use her BS (even with lift and tires) to do it. I've shown her some YT videos and she says she gets anxious just watching other do it.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would definitely watch this video. I want to do Black Bear Pass when I have my Bronco. There's no way 1) my wife would go with me and 2) she would let me use her BS (even with lift and tires) to do it. I've shown her some YT videos and she says she gets anxious just watching other do it.
I know right, the only difference is my wife wants to go with me (she's crazier than I am, I'm just the better driver). My inspiration for doing BBP is seeing lifted Renegades and Cherokees do it. If their Mopar product can do it, I have no doubts in my BS Badlands.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company could easily chime in on this thread to say this news is not true. Choosing to be silent only gives the impression it is true.
You realize you're refering to "someone" in a call center tasked with monitoring forum posts and who's only responsibility is to collect a VIN and forward the info to some other person down the line who can have someone call this person back at some unspecified date in the future.... Maybe

Reactions: RG7

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Careful Jennifer, those things are addictive. The wife has an '18 GT Vert. She said she'll be only 80 year old woman in town driving a Mustang GT, 'cause she's never going to let it go. :)
Lol, yep I'm addicted! I'm already searching cars.com for a white fox body Mustang GT with a blue stripe like my dad had. I can't help myself!

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Actually, Fords decision to move to a made to order JIT system would make it MORE susceptible to interruptions, as part of the goal is to cut down the costs associated with warehousing across the entire process. Typically the manufacturer attempts to offset the impact of single points of failure in JIT by setting up more than one supplier for each part. But, with a world wide demand outstripping supply, eventually any system of production will be affected. No chips? No ECU/TCU's for anybody.

Interestingly, up until WW2 Ford was developing a supply chain system that would have been pretty much like the TPS system Toyota uses. (Who out and out emulated US supermarkets (read: Taichi Ohno, "Toyota Production System") ) But, WW2 came along, Ford joined the war effort, and continued with the success they saw in ordering huge parts quantities for reduced production costs and warehousing the parts.

And here we are.....

That having been said, I just removed the GM/TBI and installed a Holley Sniper on my FJ60, that it appears I'll be wheeling for the next couple of years.
And the UAW came along which made the cost of a vertical supply chain much more than spinning off every part except sheet metal, engines and transmissions.

nic

Badlands
First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I can tell you is that we had another wholesale and they gave us the exact same units to schedule again for the month of October production.
Have these units been listed anywhere? I'm getting the point where I just want a 4door 7speed. Doubt its one of the units, but crossing fingers.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You realize you're refering to "someone" in a call center tasked with monitoring forum posts and who's only responsibility is to collect a VIN and forward the info to some other person down the line who can have someone call this person back at some unspecified date in the future.... Maybe
I'm sure. But I'm also going to go out on a limb and assume that they can escalate things at Ford better than you or I can, right?
Sponsored