First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For now I can only vouch that it is really easy to install (did not have factory headliner) and that I have rear off and will waiting to have it back on, as otherwise it would be too hard.

between the sound assassin, the reflective material and additional padding, it has to be quieter than factory, and probably a lot less of that Tim canny echo feeling inside.

Look forward to switching back to the hardtop !
Sponsored

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had them on my Jeep and they helped with the heat transfer but really couldn’t tell much difference on the sound. I wish Hotheads would simply make a video of before and after with a sound meter. I put an app on my phone so it’s really easy. This is basic marketing 101.
Maybe they did a sound meter test themselves and the actual result isn’t helpful/ marketable.

Seawalker

Base
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Skol! Hoping for 2 door option.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mike T

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do the panels still fit in the storage bags?
I have not tried yet, but I would say yes. They are not much higher than the levers to fasten tops down.

Reactions: jxc

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

can someone do a before/after test with a sound meter

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good to know. I've considered adding something, but I'm not really bothered right now. The winter in Chicago suburbs might change my mind. LOL.

I knew early on, when I saw the factory headliner, that I was going to pass on it. It just looked like cheap carpet in pics and something I wasn't interested in having.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mike T

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im still not getting why they make it so you have to remove the factory liner - it should just go over it
Well first of all, if you get the sound deadening mats they won't stick to the carpet very well, and they have some weight to them so they would probably let go and take the headliner down with them. The headliner itself uses a 3m VHB tape, and velcro that holds on the headliner. My guess is the velcro is just a temporary hold until the tape is fully secure. I think you could get by with just removing portions where the tape is if you did not want the mess of fully removing the top.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well first of all, if you get the sound deadening mats they won't stick to the carpet very well, and they have some weight to them so they would probably let go and take the headliner down with them. The headliner itself uses a 3m VHB tape, and velcro that holds on the headliner. My guess is the velcro is just a temporary hold until the tape is fully secure. I think you could get by with just removing portions where the tape is if you did not want the mess of fully removing the top.
My cargo liners velcro in and they are definitely not going anywhere. And that's with pretty minimal velcro.

They should make these larger so the edges pass the stock headliner and vhb to the plastic, then in the center velcro to the original

OP
OP
Mike T

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My cargo liners velcro in and they are definitely not going anywhere. And that's with pretty minimal velcro.

They should make these larger so the edges pass the stock headliner and vhb to the plastic, then in the center velcro to the original
So I am not familiar with your Cargo liners and have no idea of the weight of them. If yours is the Hot heads then why ask your original question as it sounds like you made it work. My guess they R&D it and that is why it probably took so long as just velcro'd in did not hang in there for the long haul. The panels do go right up to the edge so not sure how you would go out any further. I just took some pictures to show what I mean on going up to the edge.

IMG_3841.jpg

IMG_3842.jpg

IMG_3843.jpg

IMG_3844.jpg

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I am not familiar with your Cargo liners and have no idea of the weight of them. If yours is the Hot heads then why ask your original question as it sounds like you made it work. My guess they R&D it and that is why it probably took so long as just velcro'd in did not hang in there for the long haul. The panels do go right up to the edge so not sure how you would go out any further. I just took some pictures to show what I mean on going up to the edge.

Ford Bronco Hothead Headliner installed review & photos. WOW! IMG_3844

I said CARGO liners, as in heavy rubber floor mats that don't budge even on seat backs. As an example. Of how they could make these stick to existing carpet HEAD liners. Looks like plenty of places those go beyond the existing headliners.... for vhb...in addition to the velcro onto existing

OP
OP
Mike T

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I said CARGO liners, as in heavy rubber floor mats that don't budge even on seat backs. As an example. Of how they could make these stick to existing carpet HEAD liners. Looks like plenty of places those go beyond the existing headliners.... for vhb...in addition to the velcro onto existing
Oh my bad, I was wondering if there was another brand that I had not heard about. Yes if the headliner was as shaggy as the back of the seats, I definetly would say use Velcro like they use on them. I have them also and you are 100% right, they do not move. Most of the extra top that is showing is for the over lap and seals so not sure if that would interfere. It would be nice if they had a way to do it without removing the headliner if you were not doing the sound deadening strips with the headliner.
Sponsored