Sponsored

Hour 1 reservation - still no word - Am I the only one?

gleebs

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I placed my reservation within an hour of the website going live. My order was within 30 days of opening. My switch to 2022 was within 30 days of opening. It's been so long, I forgot the exact dates.

I ordered 4Dr, OBX, 2.7, MIC, towing pkg. Originally Antimatter Blue, but had to switch to Shadow Black last year. I talk to my dealer every month. Still no word. I've only gotten a flag, poster, and calendar in the mail. No other word from Ford. Still no dates or VIN.

Oh, and I'm at a relatively large Ford Dealership in Summerville, SC.

Am I the only Day 1 reservation (actually hour 1) who still doesn't have a VIN? I'm about to go on a social media blitz against Ford. I've lost patience, especially when I see all these posts of people with their new MIC Broncos.
Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why did you defer to '22? I'd tweet Levine on Twitter. I did that for mine before Christmas and the next day I had my built email and a day later I had my shipped email. Levine did DM me back and said it would be looked into. Good luck! And btw I just got word mine arrived today at my dealer. I was a day 1 first half hour order.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Technically you are now a 2022 so Ford does not care when you reserved. Do you know your order code? You should be somewhere between 10 -19 for an active order. A "99" code means do not build. Your dealer should be able to tell you your order code

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am with you on the wait. Am not a day 1 but a day 2 reservation and have NOTHING in terms of a VIN or build date. Am getting sick of seeing deliveries of orders placed recently. Over the weekend someone on my street rolled in their driveway a new 2 door, TOW, MIC and had no reservation. Reached out to my large SoCal dealer sales person a couple of hours ago to inquire as to my order status. Threw away the calendar and poster. Hammock is not opened. The Flag is not on display as have not made room for that between my Jeep and Raptor banners in the garage. They have earned the right to be on display.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is really a question for your dealer to *actually* answer for you.

Is it possible that everything is on the up-and-up and your Bronco just naturally hasn't been built yet? Sure.

Is it possible that your order has been sitting as a Code 99 this entire time and Ford doesn't even realize that you want it built? Yeah... that could be a thing.

I'm sure others will weigh in about what the next steps for you should probably be... I would start with the lower things (like copies of your current Order Summary from your dealer) and then escalate up if the answers don't make sense or seem odd.

Good luck!

Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

a couple of questions...
1. where are you in line at your dealership? (# of allocation has an impact)
2. in October, did you convert your reservation to an order with your dealer? They should have reached out to you to finalize your build.

that would help clear up some of the potential for the delay.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you had opted out of the MIC top you could have been driving a 2021 since September-October. PLus have scored an extra 200,000 bonus points (lol)

And size of the dealership is not as important as one thinks. maybe I was actual 1st in line for them, I like to think so, maybe they have not sold any more yet - I do not know

OP
OP

gleebs

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why did you defer to '22? I'd tweet Levine on Twitter. I did that for mine before Christmas and the next day I had my built email and a day later I had my shipped email. Levine did DM me back and said it would be looked into. Good luck! And btw I just got word mine arrived today at my dealer. I was a day 1 first half hour order.
Thanks, I'll try this Levine guy. What's his handle, I'm not much of a twitter guy but I'll give anything a shot right now.

OP
OP

gleebs

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
a couple of questions...
1. where are you in line at your dealership? (# of allocation has an impact)
2. in October, did you convert your reservation to an order with your dealer? They should have reached out to you to finalize your build.

that would help clear up some of the potential for the delay.
1. I was told First in line according to my dealer, I don't know if that is actually true.
2. Yes, converted in Oct.

OP
OP

gleebs

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you had opted out of the MIC top you could have been driving a 2021 since September-October. PLus have scored an extra 200,000 bonus points (lol)

And size of the dealership is not as important as one thinks. maybe I was actual 1st in line for them, I like to think so, maybe they have not sold any more yet - I do not know
I was willing to wait (what I was told) about 6-9months for the MIC. Assumed it might be a year, but I wasn't expected 2 years on a day 1 reservation.

Sponsored

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in the same position holding out for mic top. Hour 2 order cause FORD's system couldn't take my order due to demand the first hour.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. I was told First in line according to my dealer, I don't know if that is actually true.
2. Yes, converted in Oct.
possibly somehow it seems like it got lost in the ordering process. I would have your dealer inquire. with my dealer I finalized the morning the window for the 2022 opened and got an acknowledgement right away and landed in the 12/20 build group which turned into the 1/3 for me.

I have a 4dr BL + 2.7 + Sas + High Pkg + Tow + Soft top.

I know the OBX doesn't have constraints like the WT. only thing I can think of is the MIC top possibly being an issue. Not sure though.

I know it's hard when you see a lot of people getting assembly line pictures now, but also the majority of these pictures from the 12/13 through 1/3 build groups have soft tops from what I noticed.

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Checked with my dealer and they advised my order was actually under preview. I requested that they please advise if my build shows up with any current restraints.

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

She advised Hardtop, Leather and TOW are still constraints. No end to this log jam....
Sponsored