Sponsored

How close to Production Week were you Bumped?

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, Just wondering how far in advance were you bumped? ( AFTER YOU WERE GIVEN A PRODUCTION WEEK)

In other words, if my Production week is Sept 5th, could they bump me that week or would it occur this coming week (week before the Production week)

Thanks
Sponsored

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado/2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t want to depress you but I was bumped a lot before finally locking it in. Once I was bumped on the Saturday prior to build week (two days). Never safe until the window sticker arrives.

OP
OP

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok. Thanks. Yeah, I figured.

So, if I get window sticker, then I'm probably safe ?

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado/2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe so. I’ve been a part of many build weeks and the WS seems to lock it in. Usually get it 5-6 days prior to assigned blend. I am sure someone has a story of being bumped after getting a WS but I haven’t heard it. Still many possible delays as it moves from in production - to built - to shipped. But it’s progress. Good luck! Your build week will start seeing WS Tuesday evening or Wednesday. If you don’t by Saturday, call Ford customer service.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. Thanks. Yeah, I figured.

So, if I get window sticker, then I'm probably safe ?
Maybe now that things have MAYBE settled a bit..... MAYBE....
I'm fairly certain there are folks here that just did not get any update until a few days or more AFTER their build date, that the build was delayed.

As a survivor of the Original Dirt Mountain fiasco ... I'll tell anybody that listens ... DO NOT let your hopes sail too high until you get the BUILT notice that says you are awaiting shipping. Just do your best to roll with the punches until then.

Me and several thousand other Broncos went down the line on our scheduled days or within a day or so .... and then NOTHING ... radio silence for months.
Was it built? Was it not? What the hell happened to my Bronco build?

NO answers from Ford.

I'm telling you straight up, Dirt Mountain broke me.
When it cleared 2 1/2 months later, it was just a car.... a payment..... a hassle.

Oct 8th will be 1 year of having it.
TONIGHT, for the first time, as I was peeking back at it as I walked thru the garage door into the house.... tonight, I finally felt some type of connection to it.
I was glad to have it back in the garage after a week of the lawn tractor taking its spot, getting a minor tear down and clean up / much needed maintenance.

It helps , maybe, that we have taught my 16yo daughter to drive a manual in it ... and that she is now driving it to school every day and is excited about getting to do so ... and she has FINALLY gotten used to and excited to drive that manual .... so , now I am just finally starting to connect with this thing.

So , yeah, just hold a steady course and hope/pray that when it finally comes down the line, it doesn't get held back.

That BUILT/ AWAITING SHIPPING status is key.

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol, window sticker meant nothing as I went through the Gauntlet.
Got bumped days before, week before and weeks before build. I believe it was 6 times.
After it's built, then you wait for shipping.
At delivery you find out that you actually get a fraction of what Fords own documentation says you should get for price protection.
Good luck!

Edit:
I shouldn't say WS means nothing. There doesn't seem to be a direct correlation to when you will be driving said Bronco

Last edited:
OP
OP

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you all for your replies and information.

J

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was bumped “ UP” three weeks from my original production week. So it isn’t always bad. Good luck.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All five times it happened it was a Friday or Saturday email.

OP
OP

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
5 times , Wow!

Ok, good to know -- Friday or Saturday

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya, I was bumped 5 times as well. I got lucky because I missed being stuck on dirt mountain by like a week and a half. My Bronco was produced a few weeks after they resumed production due to the MIC issues. That being said, after my Bronco was produced and shipped, it sat at the local train yard for 5 weeks to get on a truck (trucker shortage) and down to my dealership. That shit was rough...

Hopefully Ford has their shit together a little by now and aren't still bumping like that, haven't really been keeping up with that side.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, Just wondering how far in advance were you bumped? ( AFTER YOU WERE GIVEN A PRODUCTION WEEK)

In other words, if my Production week is Sept 5th, could they bump me that week or would it occur this coming week (week before the Production week)

Thanks
Anything can happen. Some of us with June-July 2021 builds were delayed 3 months last year over MIC tops, (similar issues recently with chip availavility, I understand) but Ford did notify all of us in August 2021 that it would be a wait until the roofs were reworked. Most of us received those Broncos about 3 months after build dates (me, July 13 Blend, Took delivery Oct 21). My window sticker showed a July 13 Blend, and my tracker showed "In Production" on July 13.

However, it remained "in Production" from July 13 until I received a "Built" email on October 8. Then a "Shipped" email a day or two later. Also, like many others, I had three production date changes after being notified in April, 2021 of my June 21 build date: July 21, August?, then July 13.

I tell people that the scheduled production dates are not Promises, they're projected schedule dates. I ordered vehicles before the modern "tracking" era, and the dealer told me about when (e.g., my 2001 E350 Green Chateau Wagon, V10) it was expected, and warned me it could be early or late. Eventually, to my joy, it showed! No obsession over status was possible or allowed!

I now have over 14,000 enjoyable miles on my OBX. I have no bad frustration feelings with Ford. (My wife's Subaru dealer had a much worse time getting vehicles in 2021 than did Ford). I managed my delivery date expectations by telling friends I'd get my July 13 build by Thanksgiving, or at worst Christmas. So when it showed "early" on October 20, I was happy! I hope you enjoy your vehicle, when it arrives, as well!

D Rock

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 2-Door, Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got bumped DURING my original build week. Was originally scheduled for week of Aug 22, on the evening of the 23rd got a message that I was booked to week of 29th (today). We'll see what happens this week.

D Rock

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend 2-Door, Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got bumped DURING my original build week. Was originally scheduled for week of Aug 22, on the evening of the 23rd got a message that I was booked to week of 29th (today). We'll see what happens this week.
And bumped again on Tuesday night of build week.

Bronc O’Yeah

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For us it was always 2-weeks before the scheduled Build-Week

If you get closer than 2-weeks then you're prob solid, but others had different experiences
Sponsored