Sponsored

How do you cover your Bronco when the hard top is removed?

mtt1721

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3, Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I love driving with the hard top removed, but I don’t like leaving it sit without a top… I have a fancy mesh JTop that blocks out the sun nicely, but that doesn’t stop the rain or midnight creatures. So I either have to park it in the garage or put on a full cover.

Does anyone know of a better option?
Sponsored

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use a www.Broncobikini.com on mine. I live in the PNW where it rains quite a bit but I still roll several months of the year with my hard top off and in storage. The bikini is canvas and will keep most rain out when driving. If I need to park for an extended period of time in the rain then I park either at an upward or downward angle so the rain can roll off. Or you can try and mall crawl park as well.

I have a garage I park in overnight and I have a Rain Gear Trail cover that I put on at night when I go on overnight camping trips.

OP
OP
mtt1721

mtt1721

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3, Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I use a www.Broncobikini.com on mine. I live in the PNW where it rains quite a bit but I still roll several months of the year with my hard top off and in storage. The bikini is canvas and will keep most rain out when driving. If I need to park for an extended period of time in the rain then I park either at an upward or downward angle so the rain can roll off. Or you can try and mall crawl park as well.

I have a garage I park in overnight and I have a Rain Gear Trail cover that I put on at night when I go on overnight camping trips.
The rain gear trail cover looks like exactly what I need! Never seen that before, thanks!
Here’s the link to it for anyone following along https://www.raingearcovers.com/product-page/ford-bronco-4-door-2021-2023-trail-cover

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love driving with the hard top removed, but I don’t like leaving it sit without a top… I have a fancy mesh JTop that blocks out the sun nicely, but that doesn’t stop the rain or midnight creatures. So I either have to park it in the garage or put on a full cover.

Does anyone know of a better option?
The garage is always the best option. There is nothing harder on a vehicle than having it sit outside night after night after night. I have a 30-year-old F250 that still looks like brand new and it’s never even had a wax job and that was because it’s spent every day of its life in a garage.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I vote for garage as well. Why wouldn't you park in the garage if you have a garage? Always amazes me how many people park their $60K cars outside to rot in the weather because they have $2,000 worth of junk in their garage that they never use.

But if you have to park outside, like I did with my lifted JKUX because it wouldn't fit in my single car condo garage back in the day, then the trail cover is a great way to go if you're removing the top and doors. I bought a soft top for my Bronco for taking the top off so I have something if it starts to rain.

Sponsored

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
mtt1721

mtt1721

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3, Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The only downside to it is that it is thick and bulky.. There is another option called Broncover, that is twice the price, that packs down smaller.
Ended up pulling the trigger on the Broncover, the price is high, but I like that it is lighter. The company is also offered a small Memorial Day discount.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with the Broncover although I haven't actually used it yet. Great quality item from the looks of it.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If I'm spending the money on the Ford cover - I'm more likely to go with Rain Gear or Broncover. That being said, I'm trying to justify in my own head the want vs need aspect. I plan to run as much of the spring summer as I can with no roof/doors - however I am used to riding a motorcycle so I tend to look at the weather quite a bit and if there's rain in the forecast - probably gonna avoid taking a roofless/doorless vehicle...thus the want vs need - do I need to spend $400 on a cover that I want vs will I get what I need out of a cheaper cover for the 1-3 times of emergency use it will serve.

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have one, it's definitely waterproof
The Ford cockpit cover is? Because everyone else on here has said that it isn't at all and basically only protects against morning dew since it's only a single layer of Polyester.
Sponsored