Sponsored

How do you know if you have the hard-top prep kit?

Jest3rd

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend Cactus Gray 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How can you tell if your soft top was produced with the hard-top prep kit? Where do you find its production date? If it wasn't prepped, will you be able to do anything about it aftermarket?
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Vehicles built after august 2021 have it.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

And most obviously, there is a connection for defroster & rear wiper wash hose in the driver’s side, rear by the tailgate latch.

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have have the vehicle? Or are you trying to determine via window sticker /VIN ?

Your window sticker, which you can retrieve with your VIN, should say "SOFT TOP, CLOTH W/PREP Kit" in the lower left optional equipment /other section.

With your actual bronco, you would see the electrical plug and spray hose in the rear cargo area, plugged into the temporary slots on the left panel.

It would be a huge pain in the ass to route that cabling and plumbing to the back aftermarket and even then, you need the computer to be aware of them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jest3rd

Jest3rd

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This. Do you need a picture of where?
No, I was just wondering how to check. My wife drove mine to work tonight, so I will have to check it tomorrow. My fear is it was produced in July. If so, Ford says they will not make a retrofitted prep kit, so I wonder if you will still be able to get a hard-top from Ford or if it will have to be aftermarket?

OP
OP
Jest3rd

Jest3rd

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Vehicles built after august 2021 have it.
Yes, I know, but my wife drove mine to work, and all of the paperwork and the vin is the truck. I think mine was produced in July, so I am a bit worried. I will check in the morning. She really wanted to drive it, and I just got it last week. Someone had ordered and did not want it.

OP
OP
Jest3rd

Jest3rd

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you have have the vehicle? Or are you trying to determine via window sticker /VIN ?

Your window sticker, which you can retrieve with your VIN, should say "SOFT TOP, CLOTH W/PREP Kit" in the lower left optional equipment /other section.

With your actual bronco, you would see the electrical plug and spray hose in the rear cargo area, plugged into the temporary slots on the left panel.

It would be a huge pain in the ass to route that cabling and plumbing to the back aftermarket and even then, you need the computer to be aware of them.
I can check in the morning. My wife drove it to work; she is a nurse.

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can check in the morning. My wife drove it to work; she is a nurse.
You don't have your FordPass app set up yet? Your VIN is in there as well. If you don't, you should get on that pronto. You should recieve at least a few hundred dollars worth of points and even if you don't care to use remote start or lock features, it's still good to have GPS locating on your expensive new vehicle.

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your bronco was built before august then it definitely doesn't have the prep kit. You could still get a ford factory hard top. You just wouldn't have a functional rear wiper or window defroster. Thats all there is to the prep kit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jest3rd

Jest3rd

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You don't have your FordPass app set up yet? Your VIN is in there as well. If you don't, you should get on that pronto. You should receive at least a few hundred dollars worth of points, and even if you don't care to use remote start or lock features, it's still good to have GPS locating on your expensive new vehicle.
I do have FordPass set up! Where would I find the VIN in the app? I am looking now. I know the warranty says it started in September.

OP
OP
Jest3rd

Jest3rd

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I do have FordPass set up! Where would I find the VIN in the app? I am looking now. I know the warranty says it started in September.
Found it.

OP
OP
Jest3rd

Jest3rd

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Boom, there you go. Do you know the page to search by VIN and then retrieve the window pdf?
Struggling to decipher the VIN to figure it out. No, what is the page to search by VIN and get PDF?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Should look like this.

Ford Bronco How do you know if you have the hard-top prep kit? 1637126861288
Sponsored