Sponsored

How are you guys storing your hard tops?

lolo

First Edition
First Name
lolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX-5, Prius, 70 Chevelle ss
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone use and have pics of the garage ceiling pully lift? How do you like it. That seems to be my only option due to space. It just looks intimidating to install. I hate having to find ceiling studs.
Anyone use and have pics of the garage ceiling pully lift? How do you like it. That seems to be my only option due to space. It just looks intimidating to install. I hate having to find ceiling studs.
20220304_123008[1].jpg

20220304_123024[1].jpg

lolo

First Edition
First Name
lolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX-5, Prius, 70 Chevelle ss
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is the same set-up I used for my Jeep. Hoist works good. The 2x4s are for more security and to keep the hoist straps off the top ends for longer stortage. (5 to 6 months) My ceiling height is 10 feet.

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I use the same garage ceiling hoist I used for my JK top. I got it on amazon, but they don't seem to be available currently. Zip tied pool noodles to the bottom of the lift. Remove top fastners using handy Bronco tools.. Lower the lift on top, run straps under and snug. Place front panels on top of lift, and crank it up. I use a drill. Removing the top is a one man job.

Amazon: Amazon Link to Racor Lift
Racor: Ceiling Storage lift

Ford Bronco How are you guys storing your hard tops? 20220304_123024[1]
Can you explain how you do this with your Racor ceiling hoist? I have one and used it for my Jeep hardtops but I also used the Topsy brackets that made it easy. Any more pictures would be of help as well. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

JKommuter

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can you explain how you do this with your Racor ceiling hoist? I have one and used it for my Jeep hardtops but I also used the Topsy brackets that made it easy. Any more pictures would be of help as well. Thanks in advance.
I had to look up "Topsy brackets". I wasn't familiar with them. I simply run a ratchet strap from the back eye hook under the top to the front eye hook, back glass stays open. It probably isn't good for the top gaskets where the strap lays, but that's what I did with my JKU top and it seems to work for the Bronco 2 door top. I stick the "T tops" on the top of the Racor. You can see the red straps running between the eyes under the top in the picture above. I don't have any other pictures and its too cold to remove the top right now.

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had to look up "Topsy brackets". I wasn't familiar with them. I simply run a ratchet strap from the back eye hook under the top to the front eye hook, back glass stays open. It probably isn't good for the top gaskets where the strap lays, but that's what I did with my JKU top and it seems to work for the Bronco 2 door top. I stick the "T tops" on the top of the Racor. You can see the red straps running between the eyes under the top in the picture above. I don't have any other pictures and its too cold to remove the top right now.
Thanks for your explanation. I can now see how you did it after you explained.

Los24

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is the same set-up I used for my Jeep. Hoist works good. The 2x4s are for more security and to keep the hoist straps off the top ends for longer stortage. (5 to 6 months) My ceiling height is 10 feet.
Hi Lolo,

I wanted to ask if storing the top that way has been fine thus far since its been a year? I like your design and the one tweak I was considering is once its up, to put the wood boards with material at the bottom of the MIC (male a hole for the pegs are) instead of supporting at the top part of the MIC long term. Just wanted to get your thoughts (or anyone else)....

Also, I see you have a Chevelle SS, love to see a pic. I have a 68 Camaro. Thanks.

Los24

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wrote Lolo on his setup but was also wondering about one other idea. I have a roof rack and was thinking if I left the back of the roof rack on and some how either made a similar component or just purchased another back piece (if possible) to fit in the other slot of the MIC I can just left and store that way? Will that be okay or cause any unnecessary stress? I just am unsure as these tops are not heavy and made to be on a vehicle for years but seems like a lot of concern about them warping. Thank you.

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I need a little reality check. I have an old home that has 2 outdoor parking spaces (the single car garage was converted to an apt). One carport has a metal roof that is only 7'6" (or less and tilts) the other is a pergola that is 8'6" (see below) - so that's where I'm thinking of installing a Harken pulley system. I have some concern about wind, but it's reasonably protected by the house I think, although I'll add some additional strapping so it would not bounce around and maybe some kind of cable lock for a little extra security, although I'm not too worried about theft, I've got outside cameras and can install a motion sensor to light it up. Thoughts on this? Thanks!

IMG-2414.jpg

Sponsored

KidBroSweets

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good info on here, I’m in the same boat. Right now my MIC is on the floor of my garage, not ideal

Wild n Free

Wildtrak
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak Bronco (Sasquatch pkg)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was going to rig up a pulley system but found this on Amazon. Couple of tow straps and it should lift it right off. Plus I won’t have to break my back 😂. And at $80 l I thought that was pretty reasonable for a lift.

04A22B67-1530-4A44-9BA8-B427353CF611.png
Hello
I was going to rig up a pulley system but found this on Amazon. Couple of tow straps and it should lift it right off. Plus I won’t have to break my back 😂. And at $80 l I thought that was pretty reasonable for a lift.

Ford Bronco How are you guys storing your hard tops? IMG-2414

Hello

Did you try this system? Curious how it worked? TYIA
Sponsored