Sponsored

How does the Dealer Mannequin program work?

Automator59

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, F250 (7.3l), '23 Integra, RDX, Saab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does the Dealer Mannequin program work? They are beginning to show up at dealer locations and some allow test drives, and others not. My salesman said that Ford is supplying the units without the dealer purchasing upfront, and they don't like them to be driven. He commented that a dealer allowed a test drive of a Mach-E that was totaled and the dealer got in trouble with Ford. I have heard the units can be sold after a time period, which I would assume the dealer would then pay Ford for the unit.
Any dealers out there with knowledge of the program?
Sponsored

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am under the impression that mannequins were not to be sold while FCTP were on to sell after 7 months of service/test drive duty.

That might be older info though. @j_marinelli , @Toccoa , @BAUS67 , @NatureMan ,@EvlNvrDys ,@618TRVLWILD, @Calicorks ,@Kickit ,@RBF 1401 , @frinesi2 et al. How incorrect am I?
Unless you are in šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦ and then the dealers are able to order and sell as many Broncos with MIC tops as possible:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/want-a-bronco-now-come-to-šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦.18958/

Enjoy getting your hard tops never šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡² as us šŸ‡ØšŸ‡¦ seem to be getting them all

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am under the impression that mannequins were not to be sold while FCTP were on to sell after 7 months of service/test drive duty.

That might be older info though. @j_marinelli , @Toccoa , @BAUS67 , @NatureMan ,@EvlNvrDys ,@618TRVLWILD, @Calicorks ,@Kickit ,@RBF 1401 , @frinesi2 et al. How incorrect am I?
They were sent to the dealerships for the customer with reservations to test drive. They cannot be sold for at least 6 months and have to have miles on them to be released. Iā€™d tell the dealership, who cares that someone else dose not know how to drive and crashed a Mach-E. That is their problem not yours.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thatā€™s because Canadians canā€™t handle the soft tops and none would be sold otherwise.
You tell em Cali!

Quick take a dig at hockey too! šŸ˜‰

Tho I for one like Canada.. They talk funny...

Power of the force stopped you, you hosers! :love:

Ukon

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You listen to salesmen?

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The dealer Iā€™m buying through said they will sell the demo Broncos after 4000 miles. They wonā€™t have their demos in until the end of July or early August (even they were delayed a month or so).

Last edited:

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does the Dealer Mannequin program work? They are beginning to show up at dealer locations and some allow test drives, and others not. My salesman said that Ford is supplying the units without the dealer purchasing upfront, and they don't like them to be driven. He commented that a dealer allowed a test drive of a Mach-E that was totaled and the dealer got in trouble with Ford. I have heard the units can be sold after a time period, which I would assume the dealer would then pay Ford for the unit.
Any dealers out there with knowledge of the program?
The email in post #1 of the thread below will answer most of your questionsā€¦

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...rives-updated-with-accessory-pack-info.10364/

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I see that Bob Davidson has this demo available on 11/25/21.

Screenshot_20210707-194418_Chrome.jpg

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You tell em Cali!

Quick take a dig at hockey too! šŸ˜‰

Tho I for one like Canada.. They talk funny...

Power of the force stopped you, you hosers! :love:

LOVE that movie!

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ohhh let me try!!!

I can make no official statement how the demo program works, but hereā€™s my opinion anyways;)

The demo program that shouldā€™ve never been initiated is a gold mine for some of the more unscrupulous dealers*. The point of the program by Ford was to give access to Broncos for reservation holders because that just made sense at the time. Let Bronco enthusiasts see, touch and drive Broncos theyā€™ve ordered in advance. Now, some of these units are strapped with commodity constrained items for some reason which is why it shouldā€™ve never happened b/c once the top debacle was admitted publicly(along with SAS and other commodities) Ford shouldā€™ve either went exclusively soft top four doors or not at all. In their infinite wisdom Ford is shipping hard tops, two doors, SAS, WTā€™s, for demos.

Sooooo, dealers see an opportunity of course. Letā€™s sell our demo for a huge mark up and tell reservation holders, ā€œno you canā€™t drive this, itā€™s soldā€. Maybe they sell it and owner takes delivery before six months, maybe not. In a world of no accountability, who cares, letā€™s see if we get caught. Sorta like the ā€œdealer stole my reservationā€ mess. Catch me if you can.

*Not all dealers are unscrupulous. Grateful for many of our B6G forum dealer friends.

4lostcajuns

Big Bend
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Ghibli
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ohhh let me try!!!

I can make no official statement how the demo program works, but hereā€™s my opinion anyways;)

The demo program that shouldā€™ve never been initiated is a gold mine for some of the more unscrupulous dealers*. The point of the program by Ford was to give access to Broncos for reservation holders because that just made sense at the time. Let Bronco enthusiasts see, touch and drive Broncos theyā€™ve ordered in advance. Now, some of these units are strapped with commodity constrained items for some reason which is why it shouldā€™ve never happened b/c once the top debacle was admitted publicly(along with SAS and other commodities) Ford shouldā€™ve either went exclusively soft top four doors or not at all. In their infinite wisdom Ford is shipping hard tops, two doors, SAS, WTā€™s, for demos.

Sooooo, dealers see an opportunity of course. Letā€™s sell our demo for a huge mark up and tell reservation holders, ā€œno you canā€™t drive this, itā€™s soldā€. Maybe they sell it and owner takes delivery before six months, maybe not. In a world of no accountability, who cares, letā€™s see if we get caught. Sorta like the ā€œdealer stole my reservationā€ mess. Catch me if you can.

*Not all dealers are unscrupulous. Grateful for many of our B6G forum dealer friends.
Sounds about right. Unfortunately, all of the dealerships I've contacted within a 500 mile radius are playing the market adjustment game. While the Ford Corp sits back and takes no ownership of the fact that their products are being gouged, at will.
Sponsored