Sponsored

How well does your heated steering wheel work?

How well does your heated steering wheel work?

• Total voters
OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When its cold it feels hotter to me, less cold (40s) feels less hot.

You are in Georgia? What's the weather like down there?
Well, I only use it driving with the top off. And at 65 degrees, I can comfortably go top off with heated seats and steering wheel. The wheel in my Jeep is dramartically warmer than the one in the Bronco.

That being said, North Georgia gets pretty damned cold for multiple stretches in the winter. sub freezing temps were common this winter.
Sponsored

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s okay, I’d like it a tad warmer.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If my hands are cold, I can tell it’s working. As my hands reach body temp, it doesn’t feel hot anymore, yet my hand never get cold again. I find that mine works quite well. I don’t need my hands to sweat, I just don’t want them cold.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not complaints here, works great! 🐴🐴🥌🤟

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is the only switch to control the heated wheel on the left panel of the wheel itself? Would somebody be able to send me a picture of it? I’m working on a retrofit. 🤓

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mines def noticeable. No where near too hot and need to turn off like the heated seat. Somewhere in between. I generally think it’s good and nothing wrong

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine seems pretty warm. I never leave it on for more than five minutes.

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The wheel in my wife's explorer gets hot, my wheel is barely more than lukewarm. Can confirm the seats are scorchers though!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is the only switch to control the heated wheel on the left panel of the wheel itself? Would somebody be able to send me a picture of it? I’m working on a retrofit. 🤓
The switch is under the radio in center stack just to left of seat warmer switch which is just left of rear window defroster switch.

I didn't vote because there was no option for " it works and heats up but has dead spots where no heat exists."

Agree on the seats, gets hotter than Hades and I have to turn it down quickly, found myself accidentally turning on rear defrost while turning down the seats and my defrost circuit deadheads in back due to no solid window.

For reference, BMW steering wheels have zero dead spots and get at least 10 degrees warmer while seats are plenty adequate but we can leave them on full.

What I cannot find are the rear seat heat switches. Or the controls for rear seat HVAC. Had to buy LUX just to get steering wheel heated and at that price heaters for all passengers should have been included or at least another $ add on. Other vehicles in and out of the segment offer Cold Climate packages regardless of luxuriousness of trim, which would include heated steering, mirrors, rear defrost, rear in addition to front seats. Heating side steps would be an interesting concept and if it ever is available I want royalties.

Rant off
Sponsored