Sponsored

How well does your heated steering wheel work?

How well does your heated steering wheel work?

• Total voters

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am curious what people think about their heated steering wheel. I can barely tell mine is even on. I am wondering if it is broken or if it is supposed to work that way.
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can change temperature in Forscan (at your own risk).

Are you grabbing at the top, or in the 4:00/8:00 positions? Not every heated steering wheel is heated the entire circumference. I think Ford only heats the bottom half to encourage you to keep your hands low -- it's safer to be at 8-and-4 instead of the old 10-and-2.

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Are you grabbing at the top, or in the 4:00/8:00 positions? Not every heated steering wheel is heated the entire circumference. I think Ford only heats the bottom half to encourage you to keep your hands low -- it's safer to be at 8-and-4 instead of the old 10-and-2.
I tend to drive at 10/2 where the bulges are on the wheel. That being said, i don't really feel any difference in warmth anywhere on the steering wheel.

nbdybeatsthewiz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I took delivery of my bronco, the heated steering wouldn't turn on at all. The dealer kept the car for an extra week and ran every diagnostic they had, yet nothing was reporting as not working. It was so new that they didn't know what to do to try and fix it.

Eventually they got the wheel to turn on, and now it gets crazy hot for about 10 seconds and then feels like its barely even on.

After another couple months I'll bring it back and try to have them completely fix it

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When I took delivery of my bronco, the heated steering wouldn't turn on at all. The dealer kept the car for an extra week and ran every diagnostic they had, yet nothing was reporting as not working. It was so new that they didn't know what to do to try and fix it.

Eventually they got the wheel to turn on, and now it gets crazy hot for about 10 seconds and then feels like its barely even on.

After another couple months I'll bring it back and try to have them completely fix it
Hello! Send us a private message with your Bronco’s VIN and name & location of dealership. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this steering wheel concern. Thank you1

ALVA DUDE

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The steering wheel heat should definitely be noticeable. The seat heaters.. ew lala
buns and lumbar!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The steering wheel definitely is not the same as the heated seats - Those get very warm and quickly; love 'em! The steering wheel takes the coldness off of it for sure, but you're not going to be able to bake cookies on it by any means.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Steering wheel heat doesn't get that warm on most vehicles that I have had it on. Not a big deal.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've owned a number of cars with heated steering wheels. The Bronco wheel barely heats up. Many have had this take in previous threads. Compared to my 2019 F350 it's not even close. The heat is effective and set at an appropriate temp with the truck. The Bronco not so much. Given I literally got the Lux package for the heated steering wheel, it's a disappointment. Still love the rig though.

Plan is to adjust via Forscan soon.

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I voted it is too hot.. LOL I am in South Florida though...Probably fine if its cold out

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8/4 is silly nonsense as is the assertion that Ford only heats the bottom half of the steering wheel.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine works great. The heating element is on the outside of the circle (not sure how to else to explain it) so it does take a few minutes for the heat to be distributed evenly to the inside.

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When its cold it feels hotter to me, less cold (40s) feels less hot.

You are in Georgia? What's the weather like down there?

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
8/4 is silly nonsense as is the assertion that Ford only heats the bottom half of the steering wheel.

Google search for "full circumference heated wheel". Across many brands, the top portion is unheated. Likewise, search for "10 and 2 vs 8 and 4", NHSTA recommends 9-3 (which ends up being 8-4 because of wheel spokes).

I obviously don't have a Bronco service manual, but from other Ford manuals...
On all vehicles, slow heating between the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock steering wheel hand positions is considered normal. On vehicles equipped with wood inserts in the steering wheel, there are no heating elements located under the wood inserts.

There is a definite precedence for the lower half being hotter than the top half, and very top portion being completely unheated (especially if wood inlaid)
Sponsored