Sponsored

Base Owners - How does the steering wheel really feel?

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Itā€™s better than I expected given itā€™s plastic, but I still swapped mine for the leather one. The leather isnā€™t all that nice either tbh. I might have my spare plastic one wrapped with napa leather.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like it. I thought I would change it for a BB wheel one or have it wrapped but I like it the way it is. I don't even think about it.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just to clarify if you've never felt the wheel, it is not a hard cold plastic. It's more warm, grippy, soft, squishy plastic... but not too soft, it's kind of perfect really.

If your concern of going to a base is the wheel, it's not a concern. Love my manual base, like "in love " love. It wasn't a price issue, i prefer the base over other trims. I did go sasquatch, do that and it's just really enjoyable

Sponsored
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just to clarify if you've never felt the wheel, it is not a hard cold plastic. It's more warm, grippy, soft, squishy plastic... but not too soft, it's kind of perfect really.

If your concern of going to a base is the wheel, it's not a concern. Love my manual base, like "in love " love. It wasn't a price issue, i prefer the base over other trims. I did go sasquatch, do that and it's just really enjoyable
I think the wheel is a minor part. In my mind the biggest setback is the CoPilot 360. Iā€™m so used to having lane keeping etc. Iā€™m wondering if Iā€™ll miss them.

Itā€™s probably not even that big of a deal as Iā€™m making it. Hmmmā€¦.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've never had any of that 360 or lane keeping, so on that i can't comment

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a black diamind SAS and a stripped base w manual. I canā€™t tell the difference. i only know itā€™s different because itā€™s discussed on forum, feels great and it steers the truck

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a black diamind SAS and a stripped base w manual. I canā€™t tell the difference. i only know itā€™s different because itā€™s discussed on forum, feels great and it steers the truck
Ok. Great! Glad to hear that from someone that has both. Also, Iā€™m just waiting on one Bronco šŸ˜…

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the wheel is a minor part. In my mind the biggest setback is the CoPilot 360. Iā€™m so used to having lane keeping etc. Iā€™m wondering if Iā€™ll miss them.

Itā€™s probably not even that big of a deal as Iā€™m making it. Hmmmā€¦.
Lane keep and adaptive cruise are great, but are they worth $15k? I look at my base sasquatch 2.7 compared to a ā€˜22 wildtrak (pre-hoss 3.0) and smile when I look at my bank account

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lane keep and adaptive cruise are great, but are they worth $15k? I look at my base sasquatch 2.7 compared to a ā€˜22 wildtrak (pre-hoss 3.0) and smile when I look at my bank account
I figure it's closer to $5000(?), taking into the account the difference in price between Base Sas/2.7/auto compared to the same in a BB, then figuring the BB has $700 worth of add ons. I think the mid package may be worth close to what it costs, it's just not worth it considering you have to jump trims to get it. The 22 wildtrak without Hoss was stupid expensive, unless one was going to get one early and flip it. Can't believe what people pay just for a name.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I figure it's closer to $5000(?), taking into the account the difference in price between Base Sas/2.7/auto compared to the same in a BB, then figuring the BB has $700 worth of add ons. I think the mid package may be worth close to what it costs, it's just not worth it considering you have to jump trims to get it. The 22 wildtrak without Hoss was stupid expensive, unless one was going to get one early and flip it. Can't believe what people pay just for a name.
I think if Ford dealers had all the trims in stock, and People could sit in each one, they would sell way more base than they do. In that respect, parts shortages are really working in Ford's favor

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Canā€™t disagree!

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think if Ford dealers had all the trims in stock, and People could sit in each one, they would sell way more base than they do. In that respect, parts shortages are really working in Ford's favor
I've seen a couple trims, but never been able to compare back to back so I can't say for certain, but to me a Black Onyx interior (Base/BB/Wildtrak) would be the same except for the seat covers. Then taking into account the Mid package and the (tint/leather wraps/grab handle), the manufacturing cost between a like equipped Base Sas and Wildtrak should be less than $1000.

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've never been able to comfortably use plastic/rubber steering wheels. They make my hands sweat :(

I have a base on order, but the leather wheel from the Big Bend model is under $300. So I'm just going to change it out when my Bronco shows up.

Part number M2DZ-3600-BB
Sponsored