Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone replaced their Base steering wheel with one from the other trims yet? I know it was common a few years ago to replace Mustang steering wheels with one for the GT350. I figure it is probably an easy swap.
Sponsored

Heynongman

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Following. That base wheel is a bit abrasive - but it is nicer than expected

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My brother is currently working on this exact task.

His initial plan was to just order a steering wheel from the dealership, but the dealers cannot even order it at the moment unless it's warranty-related. So his new plan is to patiently wait for someone to wreck their Bronco, and go pick up the component from the junk yard. I told him it was a fool's errand, especially considering a wrecked Bronco will likely have a deployed airbag. But... ya know... if he wants to stop by the junkyard on the way home from work 3 times a week, more power to him.

The parts guy at his dealership said that the electronics connector on the heated steering wheels are different than the non-heated steering wheels. He hasn't verified that yet himself, but something to take note when trying to do this yourself.
The airbag and horn disconnect from the actual steering wheel. I am assuming the same for the Bronco. Roughly, you would disconnect the battery, insert push pins into the side holes to release the assembly, disconnect the wires, then take the steering wheel off. It was a 5-10 minute job on a Mustang

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If a steering wheel swap doesn't work out, check out these guys: https://www.redlinegoods.com/
May not have Bronco products yet, but worth a call or note.

Some time ago I got a shift boot and center arm rest cover, really top notch.

MAJOP

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the base Bronco as well and the only thing I can't stand is the steering wheel. Following this thread. I'm going to change it out as soon as I can.

Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm assuming you don't like the wheel because no leather, right? If so, I highly recommend checking out wheel skins. I've put one on my base CRV, base Forester, and base RAV4 in the past. Takes about an hour of time to install and costs less than $100. The finished result is actually very close to a factory-stiched leather look and the feel might even be better. It would absolutely be my first mod on the base Bronco (I ended up having to go Big Bend since no manual on the base 4 door, though).

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm assuming you don't like the wheel because no leather, right? If so, I highly recommend checking out wheel skins. I've put one on my base CRV, base Forester, and base RAV4 in the past. Takes about an hour of time to install and costs less than $100. The finished result is actually very close to a factory-stiched leather look and the feel might even be better. It would absolutely be my first mod on the base Bronco (I ended up having to go Big Bend since no manual on the base 4 door, though).
I would agree that the leather from wheelskins makes a bid difference. I added it to my F-150 steering wheel, which started to break off in chunks after a long life. While it may not be factory quality, it does look/feel great. I have also debated switching out my base steering wheel with a factory leather one but when I priced it, it was very expensive. I ended up going Big Bend on our 4-door for that reason alone. The 2-door will be base, so I'll keep an eye on this thread to see other solutions.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was thinking of ordering one of these (Ford - Aza Auto Wheel) when available but after 2 months with the base bronco I don't mind the steering wheel at all. If fact, I like it.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hope this is not wheel skins.

Ford Bronco Base steering wheel replacement? 664AF080-6C3A-439B-B598-A732E6AEE2CB

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For heated wheel to swap in and function, it requires a different clock spring and the different AC controller (or maybe just the new switch). But any wheel should physically swap.

Part numbers:

Steering wheels

Heated : M2DZ-3600-DA

W/O Heat : M2DZ-3600-CA

W/O Heat or Lane Assist : M2DZ-3600-BA

Clockspring

Sponsored

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've upgraded or replaced the steering wheel on almost every car I own.

Since every trim but the Base has a leather wheel, I'll wait for one from a wreck. They won't be expensive in a year or two.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Base steering wheel replacement? 664AF080-6C3A-439B-B598-A732E6AEE2CB
This one would be fine if the wheel was removed and the trim bezel removed before stitching it.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

That one does look like Wheel Skins, but yeah the Bronco does have a unique trim on the wheel that you wouldn't have to worry about on most other vehicles. Agree that in order for it to look good you'd have to try to remove the trim and then stich it.... not sure if you'd be able to get the trim back on over the leather though after that. Wheel Skins might have some insight if you send them a message.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just so all you know, Boostedgraygoosedesigns on IG makes custom harnesses for Fords. He makes a harness for the super duties so you can install a raptor wheel in them and use the shifter paddles. He could probably help in this department for a heated steering wheel in a non heated steering wheel Bronco. He makes all kinds of different harnesses!
Sponsored