Sponsored

How many more backlog Bronco reservations does Ford still have to build before 2023 order bank opens?

Farmerjim47933

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When are we all going to accept the waiting game is on Ford's best laid plan list. If they do not deliver the 2020 ,unit they win. If they deliver now they say they will honor the price or 2020 via rebates .So figure out which path they will take hoping the 2020 order is canceled.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am still waiting.
Today is day 857.
Cluelessly due to Ford's inability to keep an open communication with their customers.

I have a feeling Ford really screwed up on the reservation holders orders. I have a feeling that between dealers with fake reservations, that went first, so they could sell for a massive upcharge, and Ford building lots of orders and forgetting about reservation holders. I sense Ford still has around 40k reservations to build. No clue why I guess that, but, that ultimately gets Ford done with reservation holders & outstanding orders sometime in March/April of 2023. 12-15k per month x 3 months =40k built. Just my guess, nothing more than me guessing.

But of course, Ford and all of their representatives certainly understand our frustration in this incredibly long, silent wait....
Iā€™ll keep my fingers crossed. But I will not hold my breath šŸ˜…

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What don't you understand? That FORD lied?

I'm at 887 days. FORD is building a lot of Broncos including my exact build. Why they aren't building my truck is a FORD created issue. My exact build (swap Wildtrack for SAS'd Badlands) is for sale on a lot less than 1000 yards from me. Except it's +$10K ADM. This a FORD created problem for customers who went into this on good faith. FORD is choosing to not honor reservation holders.
[/QUOT

I'm at 887 days. FORD is building a lot of Broncos including my exact build. Why they aren't building my truck is a FORD created issue. My exact build (swap Wildtrack for SAS'd Badlands) is for sale on a lot less than 1000 yards from me. Except it's +$10K ADM. This a FORD created problem for customers who went into this on good faith. FORD is choosing to not honor reservation holders.
I would be curious as to when you converted from a rez to an order. I think the point Mud Dawg is making is a lot of 800+day people didn't tell the full story of how they sat on their rez for 500 or 600 days before converting to an order hoping for a painted hard top or unavailable similar options. I'm not saying you did that certainly some have so I get his doubtfulness.

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base

I totally get what you are saying. I understand that Ford totally flubbed it relative to the reservation holders and did them dirty. I was trying not to sound glib, but I realize that that's how it might have come off.

All I'm asking is at what point, as a reservation holder, do you just place a regular order (yes, I know you can't CURRENTLY place an order) at a regular dealership (one that's not being cute with tons of orders) and probably get it in a time period that's much faster than what the long-term reservation holders have experienced?

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, Iā€™m still waiting after a July 2020 reservation. Lots of people are, and believe me, Iā€™ve tried to find options to get it faster. Two door Sasquatch. Go figure. Go place an order for me if you think itā€™s that easy, and Iā€™ll buy it from you! Just no ADM. ;)

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
We don't know how many Bronco backorders Ford has, but we can make an educated guess.

Ford stated in their last earnings report, that they had 250,000 MY22 to MY23 customer order conversions.

That's not Broncos, though, that's Fords.

Something like 100,000 of those are Lightings, and a lot of them are Hybrid Mavericks.

Bronco is probably down to around 60,000

Ford needs to schedule builds about 8-12 weeks out. So, they will likely re-open order banks once the backlog hits about 30,000

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, Iā€™m still waiting after a July 2020 reservation. Lots of people are, and believe me, Iā€™ve tried to find options to get it faster. Two door Sasquatch. Go figure. Go place an order for me if you think itā€™s that easy, and Iā€™ll buy it from you! Just no ADM. ;)
So again, not being glib, but I placed a regular walk-in order for the same thing a year and a half after your reservation and I'll likely have it in a month. No ADM.

I'm just sayin' that if I was a chagrined reservation holder, I would most certainly be re-analyzing my strategy at this point and placing a regular order for whatever I wanted the day the banks open back up...

Last edited:

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But when did you convert to an order? The order banks were open in 21 and 22 why not reordered then and forgot the original?

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
But when did you convert to an order? The order banks were open in 21 and 22 why not reordered then and forgot the original?
I converted to an order when the banks first opened and kept it current all the way through the roll overs. Itā€™s on order as a 23 now. I hardly forgot about it, and Iā€™m on this forum all the time. Thereā€™s a reason people were rolled to 23 and order banks are closed until Feb. they canā€™t fill their orders. Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m not the only one around here still waiting.

Iā€™ve bought a few cars from this dealer, so I donā€™t think theyā€™re messing with me. Ford may be. Donā€™t have time or the energy to try working any dealer in the country that might have allocation. But like I said, if anyone wants to order me a 2 door Black Diamond with SAS, auto and 2.7, Iā€™ll buy it if it beats my current dealer. Otherwise, have a little bit of sympathy.

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally get what you are saying. I understand that Ford totally flubbed it relative to the reservation holders and did them dirty. I was trying not to sound glib, but I realize that that's how it might have come off.

All I'm asking is at what point, as a reservation holder, do you just place a regular order (yes, I know you can't CURRENTLY place an order) at a regular dealership (one that's not being cute with tons of orders) and probably get it in a time period that's much faster than what the long-term reservation holders have experienced?
I would consider a new order moving forward. But the banks have been closed for some time. Further, the dealers in northern IL are notoriously shady meaning getting a truck at MSRP is a long shot for me. Now regarding Granger, I don't know if they were being cute. I don't know the car business that well. I kinda do now. What I do lnow is FORD said it would fill reservations before dealer stock. That was a lie.

Bottom line is I was either going to wait or lose my order altogether because I can't afford a $5K+ ADM. Again, FORD created these conditions. Not the customer. And the pandemic was only a part of it. If FORD wanted to honor reservations, it would. You need to think about this in terms of FORD"s behavior towards its customers. They have built over 150K Broncos! Where's my truck? Its total bullshit at this point and they still can't communicate with us. Shameful.

Ellis Family Garage

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands, '06 F150 FX4, '95 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think Ford really knows may they still have on the books. The people that run the numbers for Ford couldn't figure out that in the beginning. Reservation fiasco. If they actually knew they should been able to manage their incoming resources to produce the Broncos in the first place.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of day 1/2 folks have still not received a vin nor build date. I'd also be willing to bet that most of the "GT" Raptor orders went unfulfilled thus far either, myself being one of them.
I have given up on the idea I will ever receive the Bronco I ordered.
There are other vehicles out there to look into if I am in dire need of a new car.

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
If FORD wanted to honor reservations, it would. You need to think about this in terms of FORD"s behavior towards its customers. They have built over 150K Broncos! Where's my truck? Its total bullshit at this point and they still can't communicate with us. Shameful.
Totally with you here. It is quite shameful.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just so those that are more recent to the forum. Once you converted your reservation to an order, you were not allowed despite what they implied to move your order to a dealer with larger allocations. My local dealer has deliveries scheduled out over a year so even placing another order once the order banks re open doesnā€™t guarantee anything.

Iā€™m in it for the long haul with Granger. Fortunately, I bought a Badlands Sport from them to hold me over.

In my opinion, the multi orders that people have in the system are not helping us with early reservations.
Sponsored