Sponsored

How many more backlog Bronco reservations does Ford still have to build before 2023 order bank opens?

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you can find me a dealer with better allocation, I’ll buy you a beer. And a steak dinner. Of course, I also would lose a few grand of price protection. I don’t need a Bronco, so I’ll just wait until the Ford Allocation engine decides to ship me one.
Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been trying to figure you out. It seems you think a Bronco is a Bronco. I will say lots of people did remove the known constraints from their list to just get a "Bronco". It may have been worth it for some, they wanted to be "first" on their block and would trade the grocery getter in a few years anyway. The next time they could order/receive what they wanted; could have made sense for many. While it was going on I was happy for them and it seems it would remove at least part of the backlog.

In the '22MY when it was known how Ford was screwing with the 3 or so dealers that took hundreds of orders I had assumed many would abandon ship and move their reservations but, that did not happen. I have not noticed any large reduction in the amount of Granger orders. It seems many hundreds of buyers have a different opinion than yours and are just waiting.

Personally I wanted the vehicle I want and it will spend most of its life waiting in my shop for me to have time to use it, meaning I keep my toys long term and buyers remorse has lasting effects, so I try to avoid. In addition, over paying to have the "privilege" of driving a certain vehicle does not appeal to me at all.

All that said I'm glad so many are still dealing with first world problems; with the direction of current events historians may mark 2019 as the high point of our civilization for a long time to come.

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Been trying to figure you out.
Nothing to figure out. I was just pointing out the fact that, having simply walked into a dealership and placed an order, I will receive my Bronco in less than half the time that some reservation holders were complaining about. I used a different method to get mine and was just suggesting that others might consider the same method at this point, once they have the opportunity. No big deal.

It seems you think a Bronco is a Bronco. I will say lots of people did remove the known constraints from their list to just get a "Bronco". It may have been worth it for some, they wanted to be "first" on their block and would trade the grocery getter in a few years anyway.
Not sure what you mean by saying I "think a Bronco is a Bronco." I think everyone should get the exact Bronco they want, which is what I will be doing here shortly.

It seems many hundreds of buyers have a different opinion than yours and are just waiting.
I was not expressing an opinion, just stating facts that reservation holders might want to consider in order to receive a Bronco faster than they otherwise might.

Personally I wanted the vehicle I want and it will spend most of its life waiting in my shop for me to have time to use it, meaning I keep my toys long term and buyers remorse has lasting effects, so I try to avoid. In addition, over paying to have the "privilege" of driving a certain vehicle does not appeal to me at all.
I think that's great. Every person has to be comfortable with the method they use to get a Bronco, regardless of how long it means they will have to wait.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, I’m still waiting after a July 2020 reservation. Lots of people are, and believe me, I’ve tried to find options to get it faster. Two door Sasquatch. Go figure. Go place an order for me if you think it’s that easy, and I’ll buy it from you! Just no ADM. ;)
Wow!

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I blame Ford’s system. I ordered what I wanted, and like John Bronco, I want a toy to keep a while. I’m not getting rid of any cars to have it, just picking it up for beach runs and camping.
The shift to dealer allocation from reservation order screwed over a lot of people. I understand why they did it, but they left end customers holding the bag. I did call around to various dealers when I had to reorder, but none would share allocation figures with me or commit to delivery dates. I’m in LA, which may have something to do with it. Lots of orders, but I also assumed big dealers with allocation. But apparently that didn’t help. I frankly don’t care enough to try tracking down dealers with allocation and placing a bunch of orders and deposits in hopes of getting one. Ford will get it to me in their own sweet time. If I find I’m the last person here that hasn’t gotten one, then I’ll be pissed.

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just so those that are more recent to the forum. Once you converted your reservation to an order, you were not allowed despite what they implied to move your order to a dealer with larger allocations. My local dealer has deliveries scheduled out over a year so even placing another order once the order banks re open doesn’t guarantee anything.

I’m in it for the long haul with Granger. Fortunately, I bought a Badlands Sport from them to hold me over.

In my opinion, the multi orders that people have in the system are not helping us with early reservations.
I missed this post from yesterday...and this is not pointed at you personally, I am just commenting on the perspective.

The error here as it still implies fault to the customer when it is FORD who is lying and moving the goal posts. If FORD had simply adhered to filling orders as close to in order as possible (and as they originally stated) people would not have felt a need to game the system. Again, FORD created these conditions. This had nothing to do with the pandemic. I will be considering another order if/when the banks open as I am 888 days. I will be over 1,000 days if my truck gets scheduled tomorrow and we know it won't be. Build dates are out to March at this point. I still have no info, no prospect, no communication despite being #21 at Granger (thanks to Granger for at least telling me that).

Got me thinking... If I am the last original reservation filled, can I get my truck for free? LOL

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My reservation was 7/18/20. Still waiting for my 2 dr BadSas, high, 2.7l. I’ve been priority 10 the whole time. At this time, I hope I get pushed to a 2024, that will give me a chance at a Braptor at MSRP through SAC

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford said that they were going to be in reservation order. 3 dealers decided they would take advantage of it and take fast nickles instead of slow quarters by offering great deals here. The big dealers squalled like stuck pigs and then "allocations" came into play. (Pretty sure everyone gets commodity limitations, they're not going to stop the line because they don't have a trailer hitch) We were the guinea pigs for the reservation system. Lots of early reservation holders paying the price for the experiment. Sucks that they sucked up to the high volume dealers, they turned off a lot of people to the Ford brand...

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t understand how y’all complain about ford building your bronco , yet at the same time say you don’t need a bronco. LMAO.

dj101nyc

Wildtrak
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend w/4.27 & rear dif
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure I understand the "I've waited 800+ days" thing anymore. I did a walk-in order one year ago at my local dealer and my truck is scheduled to be built on Wednesday. From what I can tell from others on the forum, I don't think my order went into production at any particularly fast rate or anything. Are you holding on to your particular order for pricing purposes? Is it at a low allocation dealer or one that just took too many orders? Just curious.
I am on your boat with this as well, the only explanation I have is they can't afford it & can't get the loan, so why not come on here to cry about Fords inability. I literally ordered 2 & received both while turning 1 away, my 3rd is happening really soon based on my dealer staying in contact.

Sponsored

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
So again, not being glib, but I placed a regular walk-in order for the same thing a year and a half after your reservation and I'll likely have it in a month. No ADM.

I'm just sayin' that if I was a chagrined reservation holder, I would most certainly be re-analyzing my strategy at this point and placing a regular order for whatever I wanted the day the banks open back up...
I don’t think it’s strategy at play but most times just plain luck. I’ve been on the forum since July 2020 and Our first bronco was order was through Granger in early July 2020. My second bronco order was October 31st 2020 through Granger. Guess which one got scheduled in May 2021? The October 2020 order (4 door Sasquatch’d Base soft top). We picked it up the first week of October 2021 and cancelled the first order. After driving it a couple of weeks we liked it so much we ordered another one through a different dealer Sioux Falls Ford (our third bronco order Oct 2021). We picked that one up this past Saturday (2 door Sasquatch’d base). If I were a first day reservation holder, first month or first year I’d be pissed too. From what I’ve seen on the forum Ford really has left a lot of early reservation holders in the dark on this roll out.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure I understand the "I've waited 800+ days" thing anymore. I did a walk-in order one year ago at my local dealer and my truck is scheduled to be built on Wednesday. From what I can tell from others on the forum, I don't think my order went into production at any particularly fast rate or anything. Are you holding on to your particular order for pricing purposes? Is it at a low allocation dealer or one that just took too many orders? Just curious.
This post hits below the belt, man. Blaming people for not having a Bronco that hasn't been built is low, even for B6G rudeness standards.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My reservation was 7/18/20. Still waiting for my 2 dr BadSas, high, 2.7l. I’ve been priority 10 the whole time. At this time, I hope I get pushed to a 2024, that will give me a chance at a Braptor at MSRP through SAC
I’m about 3 months later on reservation, so I don’t expect anything until 2024. 😔

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I missed this post from yesterday...and this is not pointed at you personally, I am just commenting on the perspective.

The error here as it still implies fault to the customer when it is FORD who is lying and moving the goal posts. If FORD had simply adhered to filling orders as close to in order as possible (and as they originally stated) people would not have felt a need to game the system. Again, FORD created these conditions. This had nothing to do with the pandemic. I will be considering another order if/when the banks open as I am 888 days. I will be over 1,000 days if my truck gets scheduled tomorrow and we know it won't be. Build dates are out to March at this point. I still have no info, no prospect, no communication despite being #21 at Granger (thanks to Granger for at least telling me that).

Got me thinking... If I am the last original reservation filled, can I get my truck for free? LOL
Not taken personally at all. I think you know my perspective but I probably didn’t say it well enough. It certainly wasn’t blaming Ford’s customers for creating this mess. I just wish if people went other directions, then cancel your order to give us still waiting a chance to get ours. I’m still seeing posts asking how much over MSRP can I get if I flip my second Bronco that’s on order.

I probably still didn’t say it the way intending but it’s 6:30 am! 😎

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
This post hits below the belt, man. Blaming people for not having a Bronco that hasn't been built is low, even for B6G rudeness standards.
I honestly wasn't trying to blame anyone for not having a Bronco. I wasn't intending to be rude and I totally apologize if that's the way I came off. At some level we are all in this together. I get that.

I was just trying to square my experience with others. I think at this point there are some people that feel totally disrespected by the "system." They feel like there should eventually be some justice for them in this whole thing, but, as we now know, there probably won't be. Just trying to figure out when you give up on that and try a different way. That's all.
Sponsored