Sponsored

How many more backlog Bronco reservations does Ford still have to build before 2023 order bank opens?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I honestly wasn't trying to blame anyone for not having a Bronco. I wasn't intending to be rude and I totally apologize if that's the way I came off. At some level we are all in this together. I get that.

I was just trying to square my experience with others. I think at this point there are some people that feel totally disrespected by the "system." They feel like there should eventually be some justice for them in this whole thing, but, as we now know, there probably won't be. Just trying to figure out when you give up on that and try a different way. That's all.
Unfortunately this is pushing people away from Ford. The different way in my group isnt buying a Bronco at 10k over msrp, it is buying an alternative vehicle from a different manufacturer.
One guy I know had 2 on order now two jeeps, more and more people in the top spots have just been giving up. We all wanted Broncos.
If Ford ever wants their order system to be taken seriously then filling orders that are placed is the way to do it. Find another manufacturer that takes orders and doesnt fill them...hint..there is none. It isnt about justice, its about honoring your obligations to reservation holders.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kojack19

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a day 1 hour 1 res holder now converted to 2023. I was asked if I wanted to change my order once to take delivery sooner and I said no so I will take some of the blame. I don't need a car. I want a specific Bronco that I intend to keep for a long time. That said, IF my pricing is honored and I now will get the Wildtrak they way it was supposed to be built HOSS 3.0, Steering Rack, Tie Rods, I am ok. I am sure there were other options to get one sooner.

That said in 2012 I walked into my dealership and ordered two F 150 Raptors-a friend from work wanted one so we negotiated a package deal with the dealer. My order went in the system first and his 2nd. He got his in 3 months and I got mine in 8 months plus. What was the difference in our orders? There were two-color and I opted not to get the sunroof as there were numerous reports of leaks and I wanted to avoid that headache.

Just because someone decided to do something different to get a Bronco sooner doesn't mean that aren't orders out there that still aren't filled.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can find me a dealer with better allocation, I’ll buy you a beer. And a steak dinner. Of course, I also would lose a few grand of price protection
Quick point of clarification, you won't lose price protection. The new form of price protection is a private offer tied to your name through your original order/reservation. You can buy and take delivery of any new 2023 Bronco, either off the lot or ordered at a new dealership should the order banks eventually re-open, and apply that rebate to the price.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 'reserve and wait' model is clearly the direction things are going in the auto industry. It's funny, because when Tesla started doing direct sales we were mostly hoping that would disrupt/fix the worst part of the auto buying experience (dealer shenanigans), but instead we still have the worst aspects of franchise dealers combined with the years of waiting that early Tesla buyers had to endure. It's now the worst of both worlds.

Going forward, consumer auto purchasing decisions are going to be primarily driven by which automakers handle the 'reserve and wait' system most effectively. Brand differentiation is now mostly a marketing exercise; everyone uses Android Auto/Carplay, Ford and GM share a transmission, every vehicle basically uses similar direct injected turbo gas engines/hybrid systems/BEV systems, suppliers like Bosch provide the same driver assistance systems/HVAC/etc. hardware to almost every automaker, etc. So it's really coming down to which brands do consumers trust to actually deliver the vehicle they ordered, at a pre-negotiated price, in a reasonable time frame.

Ford has NOT positioned themselves to be a favored brand going forward. When it comes down to lining the pockets of their biggest dealers or giving consumers what they were promised, they have sided with the dealers at every turn.

Last edited:

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This post hits below the belt, man. Blaming people for not having a Bronco that hasn't been built is low, even for B6G rudeness standards.
I didn't take it as below the belt but I see your point. I see it as more ignorance to the conditions on the ground. Folks like myself are in a spot. At this point, you cannot move your reservation. FORD allowed it early on and I very early on moved my rez to Granger. Despite the wait, this was a smart move. The reason this was a smart move is because many folks who stuck with their original dealer were then hamstrung when they showed up to pick up their Bronco were shocked to see 10's of thousands in ADMs attached. My original dealership was one of these dealers. I would have lost my truck because I could not/would not pay that type of money. FORD then said ok, ok we'll let you move your reservation again after the whole allocation BS became a thing (I think that was when Levine responded). Well, that was a lie too. Very few people got to move in that second window. I know I tried. But again, it was for the best because at this point we were in the middle of the pandemic and demand was super high as was the ADM market. I could find no dealer in my area that would commit in writing to MSRP. That is telling. Shortly thereafter, the order banks closed and have remained so. So when this person says, I don't get waiting for 800+ days, I don't know if they have followed this saga the way I have. There was really nowhere to go. Reservation or not. I think what is really going on are people on the fringe of the forum who decide to walk into a dealer and they snag something off the lot and then often you will get embellished stories of oh I got it at MSRP. Doubtful. And not to mention, you got a 4 door BigBend with a 2.3. Not knocking that build but those were easier to come by off the lot.

Will I consider putting in another reservation if/when the banks open. I will but it will be tough as I don't want to pay 2023 prices. Not to mention, the shitty dealers in my area are still putting on massive ADMs. But for me, as much as the truck is super cool, I need a vehicle. My current truck is literally going to die anytime now. If FORD would simply give us a no BS assessment of where they are at and/or their intentions for us early rez holders. Their lack of communication is so telling. There is no ounce of customer service in their behavior. None. They are acting with impunity because of the local dealers (their actual true customers) and the inflated market that they created. It's terrible. No honor at all.

Sponsored

Vern

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2006 F250, Ford 2023 Bronco Badsquatch w/ Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is very random. I was a late reservation. Small dealer that I had previously bought from. They agreed in writing to no ADM, honoring price protection and no dealer add-ons. They followed through on all of it. Zero complaints with my dealer. I refused to change my order to get it sooner so that's on me. Had an order in for 2021 and 2022 and didn't get built. Re-newed order for 2023. BOOM, got scheduled right away, built, shipped and delivered. Exact same order for all three years. What changed? Who knows my thought was Ford was finally trying to clear the reservations. I hope that is the case but it is so random who knows.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't take it as below the belt but I see your point. I see it as more ignorance to the conditions on the ground. Folks like myself are in a spot. At this point, you cannot move your reservation. FORD allowed it early on and I very early on moved my rez to Granger. Despite the wait, this was a smart move. The reason this was a smart move is because many folks who stuck with their original dealer were then hamstrung when they showed up to pick up their Bronco were shocked to see 10's of thousands in ADMs attached. My original dealership was one of these dealers. I would have lost my truck because I could not/would not pay that type of money. FORD then said ok, ok we'll let you move your reservation again after the whole allocation BS became a thing (I think that was when Levine responded). Well, that was a lie too. Very few people got to move in that second window. I know I tried. But again, it was for the best because at this point we were in the middle of the pandemic and demand was super high as was the ADM market. I could find no dealer in my area that would commit in writing to MSRP. That is telling. Shortly thereafter, the order banks closed and have remained so. So when this person says, I don't get waiting for 800+ days, I don't know if they have followed this saga the way I have. There was really nowhere to go. Reservation or not. I think what is really going on are people on the fringe of the forum who decide to walk into a dealer and they snag something off the lot and then often you will get embellished stories of oh I got it at MSRP. Doubtful. And not to mention, you got a 4 door BigBend with a 2.3. Not knocking that build but those were easier to come by off the lot.

Will I consider putting in another reservation if/when the banks open. I will but it will be tough as I don't want to pay 2023 prices. Not to mention, the shitty dealers in my area are still putting on massive ADMs. But for me, as much as the truck is super cool, I need a vehicle. My current truck is literally going to die anytime now. If FORD would simply give us a no BS assessment of where they are at and/or their intentions for us early rez holders. Their lack of communication is so telling. There is no ounce of customer service in their behavior. None. They are acting with impunity because of the local dealers (their actual true customers) and the inflated market that they created. It's terrible. No honor at all.
This is really long.

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder what the lead time will be on 2023 Broncos when to order banks open.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

They can't even finish the ones they start .
Sponsored