Sponsored

How many reservations are there out there?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
e that approx. 94,000 orders to be converted was what I had heard last week. I just wonder how many of those 94k are reservations and how many reservations there are which haven't been converted to orders at
At a guess, probably about 50,000 of those are reservations and 44,000 are walk ins.

There are probably 40-50,000 unconverted registrations out there. Ford was supposed to zero those out last year, but based on Ford's communication that never happened. I'd be surprised if more than a thousand or so of those folks convert at this point.
Sponsored

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd be surprised if more than a thousand or so of those folks convert at this point.
Hope you’re right. Converting those never ordered reservations would only muck up the current orders on tap. Although there may be a good number waiting for the mod top that could convert since the top isn’t happening this MY and those reservation holders still might want a Bronco.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hope you’re right. Converting those never ordered reservations would only muck up the current orders on tap.
In Feb of last year, Ford had 120k orders on about 170k reservations. Some of those converted in March once Ford actually announced that they were finally scheduling. Most of the reservations from the April to August range were converted to orders within a day or two.

I think the vast majority of folks who have a 2-year old reservation they never used are going to be surprised by a $100 credit on their CC come December.

Laredo

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What a joke. Probably still 94,000 unscheduled reservations, not to mention all the walk-in orders starting more than a year ago. Total still at least 200,000 unscheduled orders

OP
OP
BigDaddySquatch

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That would be great, but where are you hearing this? Because that is definitely NOT how this has worked so far. It has been all about allocation.

Sponsored

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BASEQUATCH, 2011 MUSTANG GT, 2014 F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Aug of 2020 reservation has been changed to a buildable PC because I have received the "your Bronco order has been confirmed" e-mail from Ford. But....... I have not seen the COVP approved from Ford HQ yet, nor have I seen a build week yet. For the record I went through all of this same thing last year with the e-mail/DL verification and did not get built so I sure hope Ford has something up their sleeve to get these Broncos built. TBH I am beginning to think Ford just does not like my dealer. :(

So still in limbo here........ I just keep checking, someday it has to go through.
So have you sat down with your Dealer and converted your order for 2023? You also should have had to provide them a copy of your Driver's License and a signed purchase agreement/DORA. I kept after my Dealer and they waited to perform COVP until they had a set of them which included Mavericks. They submitted COVP on Saturday 10/01 and I never received any verification on the COVP, but got my email from Ford for scheduling with the VIN (Scheduled 11/21) on 10/06.

How may other orders does your Dealer have? Unfortunately, Allocation still is factored into scheduling. Fortunately for me, I am the only 2023 Bronco order they had for conversion.

Last edited:

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My reservation is still out there, my dealer said COVP was done with just a copy of my license on file.
I asked for a confirmation and he said there wasn't one. I've seen them in forum posts, so I know what he said isn't true.
I asked where I was in line with the remaining orders and he said there was no way to tell (which I don't believe, I got that information last October when I updated to a 2022, and then again in April of this year, and I went from 49 in line to 76 somehow - guy that told me I was 49th is no longer there, but in six months I didn't get closer to being built, I got further away).
I have my doubts my order will ever get a production date. I emailed Ford corporate and a very nice lady called me and assured me that it would get built, there was nothing wrong with my order and COVP was done. I want to believe her but I've been lied to multiple times by my dealer. And when they aren't telling me lies, they are ignoring me.
Your Dealer needed to provide a signed copy of a purchase agreement/DORA along with your Driver's License for COVP. You are also correct, that your Dealer can tell you exactly where you are in line! Sounds like you are a victim of Allocation!

Have you checked the "Back Door Link" to see your Order Status?

https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=(PUT YOUR RESERVATION # HERE)

Be aware that even if your Order Status in this link shows you have a 2023 Order in the system, that still does not mean it is eligible for scheduling. Mine was showing in this link and in the WBDO (Dealer Ordering System) as clean/unscheduled and COVP had not been completed at that time. COVP was submitted on October 1st and on October 6th I received the email from Ford with the VIN and Production date for November 21st. The link now also shows I am scheduled...

Last edited:

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know where you're getting 300,000 orders, there are approx 94,000 confirmed orders that need to be converted and we don't know how many will drop off. Some shady dealers will try to use some of those on new orders, using an order that doesn't convert to fill a new order not in the system; but otherwise if you don't have an order in the system, you don't have an order with Ford and are not going to be scheduled.

Ford says they are producing our orders before any new ones and as long as Ford doesn't open the order banks, they are only building current orders in the system and no new orders from customers who just walked-in.

As it should be.

IF FORD STICKS TO IT'S WORD, no new orders made through dealers but not in the system will be built in MY23 until all previous orders already in the system are built. They may build most orders, while a few small dealers with a lot of orders are still waiting. But, Ford opening the order banks anytime soon would result in a very big & bad push back by the customers that have been waiting 2 years or more; I doubt Ford wants much more negative press so here's hoping they keep their word.
There is no way that all outstanding orders will be built in the 2023 MY. Doubtful even into the 2024 MY. Not unless they dump the current allocation system and build everything that is possible to build. Dealers Like Chapman and Granger with hundreds of outstanding orders won't have the allocation numbers to match those outstanding order numbers.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So have you sat down with your Dealer and converted your order for 2023? You also should have had to provide them a copy of your Driver's License and a signed purchase agreement/DORA. I kept after my Dealer and they waited to perform COVP until they had a set of them which included Mavericks. They submitted COVP on Saturday 10/01 and I never received any verification on the COVP, but got my email from Ford for scheduling with the VIN (Scheduled 11/21) on 10/06.

How may other orders does your Dealer have? Unfortunately, Allocation still is factored into scheduling. Fortunately for me, I am the only 2023 Bronco order they had for conversion.

Yes I did. I converted last year with DL and e- mail COVP, approved by Ford, and it did not get built. So we will see what happens.

My order is my dealers first order. His second order was built when they dropped the MIC. The only other order I know of has a production date of 10/31.

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Backdoor link has a check by Order Accepted by Dealer in the Order Status section, and Place Order has a check and is noted as completed. Same as it has been since March, except the year rolled from 2022 to 2023. Thinking about going into the dealership and engaging the sales manager to voice my concerns about COVP and my place in line. Right now the only thing that is preventing me from cancelling my order is that I'm just short of two years of waiting and I don't want it to be for nothing.

Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be great, but where are you hearing this? Because that is definitely NOT how this has worked so far. It has been all about allocation.
Yeah this is the important bit... if its your dealer telling you this, I wouldn't put much stock in it unless they have a super credible source...

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is no way that all outstanding orders will be built in the 2023 MY. Doubtful even into the 2024 MY. Not unless they dump the current allocation system and build everything that is possible to build. Dealers Like Chapman and Granger with hundreds of outstanding orders won't have the allocation numbers to match those outstanding order numbers.
I addressed the "Granger's & Champman's" in another of my post, they may not get all of their orders, not necessarily because of any allocations but because of how many per week they can actually deliver.

And how many Broncos, given their facilities and manpower can they PDI, prep & detail and deliver per day/week? I don't think people understand how much total time and space it takes to go from off the truck to the customer. I think Ford can try to match the small dealership's abilities to deliver orders without taking too many from the bigger dealers (a handful of small v all the others combined).

But really the question is: how fast, at what rate is any dealer moving through their orders? I think my dealer is actually smaller than the number of orders due to the area's ability to buy and buy high end too and that is slowing them down in getting through their list.

One dealer can get half way through their list of total orders in maybe six months, and another in eight months or ten months; so, that effects your place in line too.
Yes, a Granger or Chapman may not get through every order, but I wouldn't be surprise if they got almost every unit they could deliver. If they sell only 1600 total units per year do they have the space in the service bays and the manpower to move 2,000 Broncos in addition to all their normal orders, AND the new orders that trickle down from the Bronco orders too.

2,000 orders is a truck load of 8 Broncos every week day, five days a week, 40 per week. Can a small dealership with a small service bay, PDI, Prep & detail 8 units a day, five days a week? I bet they are not set up for that many, they would need to hire three or four guys to work full time covering 7 days a week including weekends.

So, if Ford sent them all that they could deliver, that would be the best plan, how many can they deliver week in and week out? If PDI takes an hour or two (I don't know) and prep another hour and then the detailing another hour... Or two, times that time 40 units and figure all of the man hours, plus the room to work on and store 40 cars.

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes I did. I converted last year with DL and e- mail COVP, approved by Ford, and it did not get built. So we will see what happens.

My order is my dealers first order. His second order was built when they dropped the MIC. The only other order I know of has a production date of 10/31.
If you have not been back to the Dealer since last year, you will need to visit with them and make sure they have converted yours to a 2023. All 2022 prior orders will be in Priority Status 99 (Do not build) until they confirm your order and any needed changes. Not sure about COVP for you since it was done last year. All I know is that COVP is supposed to be completed by November 21st or the order will be cancelled automatically.

Last edited:

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Backdoor link has a check by Order Accepted by Dealer in the Order Status section, and Place Order has a check and is noted as completed. Same as it has been since March, except the year rolled from 2022 to 2023. Thinking about going into the dealership and engaging the sales manager to voice my concerns about COVP and my place in line. Right now the only thing that is preventing me from cancelling my order is that I'm just short of two years of waiting and I don't want it to be for nothing.
Mine showed the same information until my dealer completed COVP and then I got the scheduled email with a VIN several days later. I never received any confirmation that COVP was completed.

You need to check with your dealer. All orders after they are converted to 2023 are in Priority Code 99 (Do not build) until the dealer and you confirm the order and any needed changes. They can then resubmit and change the priority code so it is available for scheduling. It still will not get scheduled until COVP has been completed. Last I have seen, COVP must be completed by November 21st or any order/reservation will be cancelled automatically.
Sponsored