Sponsored

How many reservations are there out there?

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine showed the same information until my dealer completed COVP and then I got the scheduled email with a VIN several days later. I never received any confirmation that COVP was completed.

You need to check with your dealer. All orders after they are converted to 2023 are in Priority Code 99 (Do not build) until the dealer and you confirm the order and any needed changes. They can then resubmit and change the priority code so it is available for scheduling. It still will not get scheduled until COVP has been completed. Last I have seen, COVP must be completed by November 21st or any order/reservation will be cancelled automatically.
DORA has my priority code at 19. I'll see if I can get into the dealership when the fleet guy (does the ordering) and the sales manager are both in. Or if they can forward a COVP verification, that will save me a trip. Won't help with the wait time though. I have a bad feeling that it will still be a long wait.
Sponsored

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BASEQUATCH, 2011 MUSTANG GT, 2014 F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
DORA has my priority code at 19. I'll see if I can get into the dealership when the fleet guy (does the ordering) and the sales manager are both in. Or if they can forward a COVP verification, that will save me a trip. Won't help with the wait time though. I have a bad feeling that it will still be a long wait.
That is good that you are not in 99 status. Definitely verify they submitted the COVP paperwork!

How many orders are in front of you? Allocation may be your next problem!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is no way that all outstanding orders will be built in the 2023 MY. Doubtful even into the 2024 MY. Not unless they dump the current allocation system and build everything that is possible to build. Dealers Like Chapman and Granger with hundreds of outstanding orders won't have the allocation numbers to match those outstanding order numbers.
Agreed no way in MY2023. I'm something like 800 on the Granger list, lol. The vehicle is effectively never arriving. Which for me isn't a big deal, I ordered late and Bronco was just a nice to have.

I feel bad hearing some people are still waiting 2 years since they initially reserved, especially for persons all that time with no Wrangler or other open top 4x4 to have fun. That would bite.

Also reading about people who have two (or even three or four) new Broncos, while others are still waiting 2 years since res for one!? Another model year turning over - thank you sir may I have another?

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many orders are in front of you? Allocation may be your next problem!
Wish I knew. I asked and was told 'there's no way to tell'.

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BASEQUATCH, 2011 MUSTANG GT, 2014 F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wish I knew. I asked and was told 'there's no way to tell'.
Nice, of course they know, what a great way to treat a customer! I am fortunate to be dealing with a local small town dealer. I have bought several vehicles from them and have known them for years. I am the only 2023 order they currently have...

If you would like a 2022 2Door Cyber Orange OBX, they got one coming in soon. The order holder has already bought another Bronco and this one will be for sale. Only problem is, the General Manager told me they will be asking 5K over sticker! They are part of a Dealer Network now so they will probably get that even it is not someone local...

Sponsored

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you would like a 2022 2Door Cyber Orange OBX, they got one coming in soon. The order holder has already bought another Bronco and this one will be for sale. Only problem is, the General Manager told me they will be asking 5K over sticker! They are part of a Dealer Network now so they will probably get that even it is not someone local...
Thanks for the offer, I'm sure someone that missed out on Cyber Orange would probably be interested. I'll stick with mine or go with plan B. I've bought five new vehicles from my dealer since 1997, last one was a Ranger in May of 2019. Hadn't had a bad experience with this dealer until now.

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
well.. I will be very curious how all this plays out.. I am a 7/30/20 reservation order... stuck in allocation hell at Granger (I am currently around 200 including all the 99ers).. was 140ish before they got added back in... It was pretty telling when I saw the schedule banks open up last week only to see all the high end broncos (hard tops/tow/lux) being potentially made for reservation holders in 21 and 22. My bet is that all those commodities will run out... and even if I got thru allocation, I might be in commodity hell (wildtrak/lux). If Ford was going to try to build out of this mess (and forgo allocation)... why not build the "old" Bronco's first? you know.. the first adopters.. the ones clearly passionate about them to wait 800+ days. And while I understand that the "dealers" are Ford's main customer... don't really care... they all have Bronco's on their lots to sell. Perhaps they might sell more if they knock down their ADM (there is a Bay Area dealer with 22 Broncos in stock or in transit.. all at $15K ADM). I feel sorry for no dealer. Ford needs to make good on broken promises first... I didn't put them in this mess... they did when they said "timestamp/commodity order".. then changed the game and added in allocation later... and then wouldn't let us change dealers (LOL - I am still waiting for Ford to approve a dealer change!). All this to be said... I don't trust Ford with anything they say.. and it will probably day 1,000+ before I even get a whisper of my Bronco being made.. (sorry.. a lot to unpack here, I know)...

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have not been back to the Dealer since last year, you will need to visit with them and make sure they have converted yours to a 2023. All 2022 prior orders will be in Priority Status 99 (Do not build) until they confirm your order and any needed changes. Not sure about COVP for you since it was done last year. All I know is that COVP is supposed to be completed by November 21st or the order will be cancelled automatically.

Been to the dealer last week and completed the COVP. Got conformation of order from Ford. Just not the one for the COVP yet from dealer.

OP
OP
BigDaddySquatch

BigDaddySquatch

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice, of course they know, what a great way to treat a customer! I am fortunate to be dealing with a local small town dealer. I have bought several vehicles from them and have known them for years. I am the only 2023 order they currently have...

At this point, 5k over msrp actually seems pretty reasonable and will probably sell the first day.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I addressed the "Granger's & Champman's" in another of my post, they may not get all of their orders, not necessarily because of any allocations but because of how many per week they can actually deliver.

Yes, a Granger or Chapman may not get through every order, but I wouldn't be surprise if they got almost every unit they could deliver. If they sell only 1600 total units per year do they have the space in the service bays and the manpower to move 2,000 Broncos in addition to all their normal orders, AND the new orders that trickle down from the Bronco orders too.

2,000 orders is a truck load of 8 Broncos every week day, five days a week, 40 per week. Can a small dealership with a small service bay, PDI, Prep & detail 8 units a day, five days a week? I bet they are not set up for that many, they would need to hire three or four guys to work full time covering 7 days a week including weekends.

So, if Ford sent them all that they could deliver, that would be the best plan, how many can they deliver week in and week out? If PDI takes an hour or two (I don't know) and prep another hour and then the detailing another hour... Or two, times that time 40 units and figure all of the man hours, plus the room to work on and store 40 cars.
Sorry, gonna call BS on this.

Are you suggesting that Granger with a backlog of 800 orders maximum, wouldn't buy an extra lift (cheap enough) and hire 1-2 techs to deliver Broncos if they were moving 4 per day every day except Sunday?

I am willing to bet that they would in a heartbeat.

BTW, Granger completed my reordering and COVP in a few hours on the same day (first day reordering was allowed).

Reactions: law

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry, gonna call BS on this.

Are you suggesting that Granger with a backlog of 800 orders maximum, wouldn't buy an extra lift (cheap enough) and hire 1-2 techs to deliver Broncos if they were moving 4 per day every day except Sunday?

I am willing to bet that they would in a heartbeat.

BTW, Granger completed my reordering and COVP in a few hours on the same day (first day reordering was allowed).
I'm not saying they wouldn't or if they couldn't, you're taking what I'm saying very personally. Man you Granger guys get all upset if you even think someone is talking about them.

All I was saying to get and move 2,000 units is a big do. I've never been to Granger, but I've been to dealerships that move only 1,600 units per year and they don't always have the room to put in more lifts, and often when auditing them I had to go to off site storage to "touch" cars.

800 is a different story, but still not easy. My original post was arguing that Ford can build all of the converted orders if they wanted to before opening the order banks to new orders, so we're on the same page. And then someone posted that they wouldn't build Granger's orders because of allocations.

My reply to that was, Ford should build as many as the dealership can process and deliver. If my example of 2,000 units was wrong or offended you, sorry.

Yes, a Granger or Chapman may not get through every order, but I wouldn't be surprise if they got almost every unit they could deliver.
I was advocating for Garnger to get every order they can deliver when I wrote "I wouldn't be surprise if they got almost every unit they could deliver." But you see one thing that YOU think is bashing them and misinterpret the rest of my post.

Which ended with:
"So, if Ford sent them all that they could deliver, that would be the best plan, how many can they deliver week in and week out? "

Damn, your quick to condemn, did you even read my whole post, or just see red and reply?
Sponsored

Last edited: