Sponsored

How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect?

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, I love yellow but was afraid the cyber orange would not be yellow enough. I also love bright colors therefore I was down to Race Red or Velocity Blue, as of now I ordered VB because I wanted metallic. My Wrangler polar edition is Hydro Blue Pearl coat, everyone loves the color, easy to see why since the other 500+ vehicles in the parking lot are white, black or 50 shades of gray. My SuperDuty is Blazing Yellow and when it's outside it can be spotted on google earth. :)
Cyber yellow is pretty damn yellow in person haha.
It’s what I’ve ordered :)

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? C806D595-D7A5-45D0-A929-42A8F4DCB9FB

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If people can't figure out how to drive down to their local dealer and have a look at another vehicle painted in that colour then they deserve the surprise and have no right to be mad.
I absolutely agree. I went and saw a Bronco Sport in Cactus Gray. It rocks. Quite frankly, I thought I looked a lot like the leaked photos/early photos on the web. But I have to admit, had I not seen the Sport first, I'd be real Frackin' nervous!!!!!

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please please just look like this when I get to the dealer to pick it up and sign.

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 2021-bronco-rtr-wheels-area-51-2-door-koh-20-

Sponsored

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The real question is what's going to happen to the guy who picks up his AMB bronco on a sunny day and wakes up to a black bronco on a cloudy day.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cyber yellow is pretty damn yellow in person haha.
It’s what I’ve ordered :)

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 2021-bronco-rtr-wheels-area-51-2-door-koh-20-
Funny to see this thread today.

Finally got to see Cyber Schoolbus in person... I'm out. Thought I would love it. Did not.

Switched to Carbonized Gray and ordered a dozen samples of various wraps to find something I really like.

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny to see this thread today.

Finally got to see Cyber Schoolbus in person... I'm out. Thought I would love it. Did not.

Switched to Carbonized Gray and ordered a dozen samples of various wraps to find something I really like.
carb gray is my #2 pick. Good choice :)

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

while I won't change my order from CO because I love yellow and orange and anything in between, I hope to have time tomorrow and see a CO Sport at a dealer in the next town, if they still have it. If I see it I'll take some pictures and will share them here. Most likely overcast tomorrow, we had rain pretty much all day today.

Sponsored

Farm8265

Badlands
First Name
STAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 350 KING RANCH, 2017 VOLVO T90,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So...I'm starting to realize that some (many? most?) people who have ordered Broncos (not people who frequent this forum, obviously) have no idea what the colors they've chosen really look like and have some misconceptions based on Ford's bad renders on the B&P tool (that have changed over time), or the launch video, or other highly-stylized photos they've seen in emails or on the web. My neighbor's husband vetoed Cactus Gray because it's too "feminine" yet approved Area 51 :unsure: (he of course has seen neither color IRL). My wife wanted Cactus Gray based on what she saw in that epic launch video, so that's what I ordered. Now she sees the render of it and says "That's not the color I liked." So I showed her pics of Area 51 and she says "That's not it either." Geez, even those of us who have practically lived on this forum for 6+ months can't decide if Cactus Gray is green, blue, or just gray, if Cyber Orange is orange or yellow, or if Anti-Matter Blue is even blue at all. :oops:

I'm wondering how many buyers are going to arrive at the local dealership to pick up their brand-new $40k/50k/60k vehicle only to enjoy the biggest WTF Moment of their lives.
I ordered Area 51, but have been unsure ever since the order was placed. I have searched every YouTube video I could find only to be more confused. No video looks the same, so today I had my order changed to white, something I know about.

Grayman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Sucksarado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah problem is not everyone has seen a cactus to know what the color will look like..

should have been..
Gray
Ugly Gray
Less Ugly Gray

JK... I love Velocity Blue 😁

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was Team Cactus Gray based on the launch videos/photos, then when I found it really was more "just gray" than I expected I tried to convert to Team Area 51, only to be denied by my "I Liked the Gray One" wife as well as the neighbor one street over who is ordering Area 51 because her husband doesn't want "girly" Cactus Gray.

(Personally I'd go Cyber Orange or Race Red if my world revolved around me, but...)
My wife is not a fan of CO or 7MT. I ordered them anyway. I’m not a fan of her gray Audi color either, but this is my Bronco and that is her car. :)

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So...I'm starting to realize that some (many? most?) people who have ordered Broncos (not people who frequent this forum, obviously) have no idea what the colors they've chosen really look like and have some misconceptions based on Ford's bad renders on the B&P tool (that have changed over time), or the launch video, or other highly-stylized photos they've seen in emails or on the web. My neighbor's husband vetoed Cactus Gray because it's too "feminine" yet approved Area 51 :unsure: (he of course has seen neither color IRL). My wife wanted Cactus Gray based on what she saw in that epic launch video, so that's what I ordered. Now she sees the render of it and says "That's not the color I liked." So I showed her pics of Area 51 and she says "That's not it either." Geez, even those of us who have practically lived on this forum for 6+ months can't decide if Cactus Gray is green, blue, or just gray, if Cyber Orange is orange or yellow, or if Anti-Matter Blue is even blue at all. :oops:

I'm wondering how many buyers are going to arrive at the local dealership to pick up their brand-new $40k/50k/60k vehicle only to enjoy the biggest WTF Moment of their lives.
I postponed my order until MY22 and hopefully there will be different colors. As of now I will either get white or Cactus grey. The CG looks good with a black top, but I’m curious to see what it would look like with a white top. I pay attention to the actual real photos more than Fords renderings.

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was Team Cactus Gray based on the launch videos/photos, then when I found it really was more "just gray" than I expected I tried to convert to Team Area 51, only to be denied by my "I Liked the Gray One" wife as well as the neighbor one street over who is ordering Area 51 because her husband doesn't want "girly" Cactus Gray.

(Personally I'd go Cyber Orange or Race Red if my world revolved around me, but...)
I don’t know why people think CG is “girly”.
Sponsored