Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah... so many of us on old outdated software... no way to know what version you're even on... no explanation as to why some trucks won't update... uuuugh.

Now my fordpass app says latest update was 5 Jan 2023... but it's for the "Alexa Built-in" stuff... no version number... just a priority update number at the bottom: 22-PU1110-SNC-RS

Would love ANYBODY @Ford Motor Company to comment or at least acknowledge there's an issue and it's being looked into. But I'm not holding my breath.
Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And @Ford Motor Company where are the map updates? We are paying for this service but there have been no map updates in the 14 months that I have owned my Bronco. The map is out of date for some local roads that were built more than five years ago. There'd better be an extension on the subscription if you can't provide map updates in a timely manner. If you can't provide this service, just go back to the old way of doing it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"So glad to hear that you are enjoying your Bronco." - FordBot

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yeah... so many of us on old outdated software... no way to know what version you're even on... no explanation as to why some trucks won't update... uuuugh.

Now my fordpass app says latest update was 5 Jan 2023... but it's for the "Alexa Built-in" stuff... no version number... just a priority update number at the bottom: 22-PU1110-SNC-RS

Would love ANYBODY @Ford Motor Company to comment or at least acknowledge there's an issue and it's being looked into. But I'm not holding my breath.
Same here but it updated again yesterday to 3.5.4

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

updated again yesterday to 3.5.4
YOOOO... FINALLY! I just opened my iOS app and see the 3.5.4 update too! Wow... this is literally the first update I've received since June? July? unreal. Hope whatever clog in the digital plumbing they kicked loose remains flowing.

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

YOOOO... FINALLY! I just opened my iOS app and see the 3.5.4 update too! Wow... this is literally the first update I've received since June? July? unreal. Hope whatever clog in the digital plumbing they kicked loose remains flowing.
I just received an update notification... to 3.5.2, the Ford Power-Up update. So, there are some still even further behind like myself.

TommyHawk

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion, 1997 GMC 1500, 1965 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just received an update notification... to 3.5.2, the Ford Power-Up update. So, there are some still even further behind like myself.
I just got 3.5.2 today as well. Would be REALLY nice if I got the apple car play update!

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Rather than starting a new thread I'll ask this here first. What is the latest Sync version? This is from my '21 OBX. Did I see something about a 22300 version. I have auto updates enabled nightly and no new updates available when I check periodically. Thanks.
Ford Bronco How to never miss a OTA software update! [Instructions] 20230114_153953

chill57

Outer Banks
First Name
Clesson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Live in PHX also and don’t have update either.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2.7L Badlands 4D, and mine has the same date, but is labeled 2.1.2.

Ford Bronco How to never miss a OTA software update! [Instructions] 20230114_153953
After 6 months with no updates, two have downloaded and successfully installed in the last week.

Ford Bronco How to never miss a OTA software update! [Instructions] C4CF1EBB-CEC5-4F17-97FC-B756CFA473FD
Ford Bronco How to never miss a OTA software update! [Instructions] E3169933-3726-4A47-B621-6FDD76A5BE7A
Ford Bronco How to never miss a OTA software update! [Instructions] 1E11EFDC-9ACC-4E85-85BA-5A9A0D6D621F

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how do you un-fuck a Bronco that’s gotten a buggy, garbage software update? Dealer tells me I’m stuck with this garbage until they fix the problems in another update.

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company it doesn’t work. Followed your instructions exactly and my Bronco hasn’t updated since April of last year. It’s still on powerup 1.6. Any suggestions?

JeffROK

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Never miss a software update!
  1. Set a recurring schedule: For more complex software updates, your vehicle cannot be driven during the installation (typically up to 1 hour). We recommend setting a recurring schedule for a time when your vehicle is not needed (like overnight).
  2. Confirm you have Automatic Updates ON: Most software updates happen in the background while you are driving as long as you have automatic updates toggled ON. This setting is ON by default but we ask that you check your settings screen to confirm.
Both actions can be completed from the settings screen in your vehicle. Click here for step by step instructions.

MORE INFO ADDED BY @flip

Depending on the update the vehicle requires, there are two installation processes:

Driveable Updates
  • Some updates can complete seamlessly in the background. They replace a part of software without impacting the rest of the system
  • SYNC 4 Technology is fully functional while the update is downloading
  • If the Automatic Updates are On, a message will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen informing the driver of the update and if Wi-Fi is required
  • If Automatic Updates are Off, a message will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen asking the driver to confirm the update and if Wi‑Fi is required
  • The update will automatically complete in the background. If consent or a Wi‑Fi connection is required, an icon will appear in the touchscreen's upper status bar
  • When the vehicle is restarted, an "Update Successful" icon will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen. The customer can tap the notification icon to read details about the update or view details on the FordPass App or owner.ford.com
  • If the update fails or if Ford decides to revert to a previous software version, the system will go back to its previous version. Customers will be notified if the update fails, expires or is canceled in-vehicle
Non-driveable Updates
  • The majority of Ford Power-Up software updates will be considered non-driveable updates (parked with the ignition off). This means that the update will erase the system or module and replace it with the latest version of the software
  • The vehicle will not be driveable during this time and the update may take up to 45 minutes to complete. Any updates that may require the vehicle to be parked can be scheduled to take place when customers find it most convenient
  • When a recurring schedule is set, customers will receive an in-vehicle reminder notification at first key cycle within 24 hours of the update. The vehicle will display another notification two minutes before the update begins
  • Scheduling is required to ensure that the updates occur at a convenient time when the customer chooses and when the vehicle is not in use
    • If the vehicle is in use, the system will not update and will automatically postpone to the next scheduled time. Customers will receive a notification that the update was unsuccessful
    • If the vehicle is not in use, a “Preparing Updates” message will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen and a two-minute countdown will begin. Customers will be prompted to exit the vehicle and lock it, as it will be disarmed during the updates
    • Preconditions may be required for certain updates. If the preconditions are not met, the customer will be notified and the update will not complete
  • When the vehicle is restarted, an "Update Successful" icon will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen. The customer can tap the notification icon to read details about the updates
  • Customers can also check the status of an update in their FordPass App or on owner.ford.com

Manual Update System Details
Non-driveable Updates

NOTE:
If Automatic Updates are Off, updates are not installed automatically and require the customer to review and approve each update. The vehicle may require important Ford Power-Up software updates, therefore, this method is not recommended.
  • When a new update is available, the customer will see an icon on the in-vehicle touchscreen status bar. To review the update, tap the icon for details to proceed
  • Once the update is reviewed, a notification will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen with information about how long the installation will take. After that, an "Update Ready Install" icon is accessible on the status bar
  • The driver can tap "Update" on the in-vehicle touchscreen to begin installation
  • If the vehicle is not in use, a “Preparing Updates” message will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen and a two-minute countdown will begin. Customers will be prompted to exit the vehicle and lock it, as it will be disarmed during non-driveable updates
  • Preconditions may be required for certain updates. If the preconditions are not met, the customer will be notified and the update will not complete
  • If the updates were completed successfully, an "Update Successful" icon will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen when the vehicle is restarted. The customer can click the notification icon to read details about the update
I assume you can't help me, but I'll try.
How do those of us in Korea update our systems? We don't even have the option to connect to WiFi. Ford Korea seems to be completely clueless about anything Bronco...
Sponsored