Sponsored

How to push back build date for 2022MY Bronco?

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
12/7 build likely means I get it for Christmas or new year’s. It instantly gets a year older. People go by year for resale, oh and of course mileage and condition but year is definitely a factor. Not torn up about it but if I’m dropping this kinda cash I have preferences, worse delivery time in MN, I think so. I’m not going to write some greatful saga about being able to get a product… I’m buying a product… just want to make the best decision I can.
Sure it is a year older, but it has zero miles, so your comparable mileage should be lower. Pricing models all adjust for mileage these days. Opposite is true for a MY22.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't get why people didn't 99 their orders if they didn't want a 2021. We saw weeks ago where scheduling was at and going as well as Ford being a month ahead of schedule on MIC 2.0. I don't blame folks for not wanting a December 2021 build but there was always that chance regardless of what emails you got etc.

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don't get why people didn't 99 their orders if they didn't want a 2021. We saw weeks ago where scheduling was at and going as well as Ford being a month ahead of schedule on MIC 2.0. I don't blame folks for not wanting a December 2021 build but there was always that chance regardless of what emails you got etc.
In my case, I was supposed to be built in July. I had a VIN since May. That's why SOME people didn't 99, because we expected our MY21 at the beginning of summer.

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you really change your color if you got a build date but no window sticker yet? Part of me kind of want to switch my 2 door Area 51 to AMB. Gonna be rare as hell!

Last edited:

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

12/7 build likely means I get it for Christmas or new year’s. It instantly gets a year older. People go by year for resale, oh and of course mileage and condition but year is definitely a factor. Not torn up about it but if I’m dropping this kinda cash I have preferences, worse delivery time in MN, I think so. I’m not going to write some greatful saga about being able to get a product… I’m buying a product… just want to make the best decision I can.
Mine was supposed to be built week of 6/5 have had a vin since early MAY and got pushed 6 times. Settling on 8/5. Been on Dirt Mountain ever since. I too am in MN and not excited for the end of nov beginning Dec delivery but is what it is. I don’t NEED the bronco, so maybe it stays in the garage until spring.

hkbooner

Wildtrak
First Name
Hallie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Wildtrak (4-dr)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Received email for build of 12/7. Forgive me but I would like a 22 at this point. Is there anything I can do to push back so I fall within the 22 year?
Dude, I would put in a new order for another Bronco when able and take the 2021!!! They are going to be the collector models being that so few actually got built! And you may be able to sell your 2021 private party with all the dealer mark-up BS. Just my opinion. :)

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, unfortunately once a VIN is assigned, no changes can be made to the specifications of your order to my understanding.

The only way to hold your order was to 99 it until resubmitting your MY22 order after they open on Oct 13.
Or use the passive/aggressive approach I took of putting a modular hard top on it ;-)

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Refuse delivery and ordering a new one means going to the back of the line. I'm guessing OP wants a 22 and wants it soon, but that's not an available option. Either you get it now or august+ unless you have the easy build bb soft top 2.3 auto no tow.
too bad, you cannot always get what you want... it looks like he is going to need to make a decision.

brewdad

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Received email for build of 12/7. Forgive me but I would like a 22 at this point. Is there anything I can do to push back so I fall within the 22 year?
With a build day of 12/7, you can display a tag on the front bumper stating "Pearl Harbor Day (1941)".

Sponsored

redstarn

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just wondering if the 2021 models will be re stamped to say 2022

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My dealer shared retooling usually happens in November. I would think that builds after that time would be next year stamps. But then again, I received an email for a dec 7 build which is being referenced as a 2021. Thoughts?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My dealer shared retooling usually happens in November. I would think that builds after that time would be next year stamps. But then again, I received an email for a dec 7 build which is being referenced as a 2021. Thoughts?
Yours is scheduled for the last build week of MY21. Retooling will happen the week of Dec 13 through the Holidays, although the retooling is just for the MY22 Ranger refresh. You are getting a MY21.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same boat and I can't understand how they can call that a 21 at this point anymore.

Plus I also got the email telling me I will be a MY22 a few weeks before.

Watching this thread to see if any of our resident experts know any secret to push it.
Sponsored