Sponsored

How to: reduce obnoxiously loud turn signal sound (using FORScan)

GreyCactus

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The turn signal is so loud that I don't even use it half the time. But there's a way in Forscan to reduce the volume to something more tolerable. I didn't see this posted anywhere else so I wanted to share it here.

Run the IPC module configuration.

Ford Bronco How to: reduce obnoxiously loud turn signal sound (using FORScan) ipc_module

Then set the Turn Signal Speed Sensitive Volume to Enabled.

Ford Bronco How to: reduce obnoxiously loud turn signal sound (using FORScan) turn_signal

Click on Write to program the setting and follow the subsequent prompts.

That's it!! Enjoy your ride without the obnoxiously loud turn signal. I don't know what else the setting does but so far so good.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The turn signal is so loud that I don't even use it half the time. But there's a way in Forscan to reduce the volume to something more tolerable. I didn't see this posted anywhere else so I wanted to share it here.

Ford Bronco How to: reduce obnoxiously loud turn signal sound (using FORScan) turn_signal

That's it!! Enjoy your ride without the obnoxiously loud turn signal. I don't know what else the setting does but so far so good.
I asked about this on the Forum months ago, but never got any response. Thank you very much as I have always been annoyed by the volume of the turn signal. I use to always comment on how loud my brothers Explorer was when I was on the phone with him and sure enough when I got the Bronco I experienced the same obnoxiousness. I will be changing this tomorrow.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m impressed that people figure how to defeat these things. Unfortunately, if there was no audible notice of it, there would be thousands of car turn signals on at any given time and it would defeat the purpose of it. Even now there are too many drivers that seem to be oblivious to the clicking and are driving around with turn signals on...

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m impressed that people figure how to defeat these things. Unfortunately, if there was no audible notice of it, there would be thousands of car turn signals on at any given time and it would defeat the purpose of it. Even now there are to many drivers that seem to be oblivious to the clicking and are driving around with turn signals on...
I agree, but there is a difference between "audible notice" and whatever crazy decibel the Bronco turn signal is set to. Turning it down some might get it remotely close to the noise level of other automobiles.

Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Itā€™s friggen loud lol. I did this a while ago on mine and not the wifeā€™s. While driving hers today it was annoying. The speed sensitive version itā€™s still loud enough to hear just quieter when at a stop light or low speed.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

This is awesome! Any idea if it'll work on other vehicles? I definitely need to get forscan.

lewishamilton

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I find the turn signal is not loud at all, actually, if I am going above 60km/h, I can't even hear it at all due to the wind noise...

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can we also talk about how light the turn signal stalk and signal cam action feel? The sound doesnā€™t seem loud to me, especially not loud enough to not use it, risk an accident and try to explain the reasoning to law enforcement, lawyers, judges, cell mates, etc.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have not noticed it it, so probably no louder than what my sensory adaptation is used to. Don't want to be "that guy" who is driving down the road with a turn signal on....

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife likes it. Sounds like the 70ā€™s cars

Reactions: 0ne
OP
OP

GreyCactus

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have not noticed it it, so probably no louder than what my sensory adaptation is used to. Don't want to be "that guy" who is driving down the road with a turn signal on....
My other car is a Lexus and my wife has a Hyundai. Both of those carsā€™ turn signals are much quieter so that is my baseline. This is my first Ford so thatā€™s probably why Iā€™m noticing it.