First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What sort of shocks me about this whole thing is that I just found out about "brake maintenance mode", which is sort of disturbing since I did the rear brakes on a '17 Escape without putting it into that mode. From what I've been reading, since the piston didn't shoot out of the caliper and since there were no trouble lights (or braking issues, of course), I guess I got somehow extremely lucky? That doesn't sound like me at all.

In any case, I drove it a few thousand miles after that with no issues, and now I don't own it, but hope whoever purchased it from Carmax continues to not have issues.

Despite working in tech (including for one Silicon Valley "Startup"), I feel like things might be getting too complicated. Then again, I do love some of the assistance features, so I guess it might be the cost of doing business, as it were.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What sort of shocks me about this whole thing is that I just found out about "brake maintenance mode", which is sort of disturbing since I did the rear brakes on a '17 Escape without putting it into that mode. From what I've been reading, since the piston didn't shoot out of the caliper and since there were no trouble lights (or braking issues, of course), I guess I got somehow extremely lucky? That doesn't sound like me at all.

In any case, I drove it a few thousand miles after that with no issues, and now I don't own it, but hope whoever purchased it from Carmax continues to not have issues.

Despite working in tech (including for one Silicon Valley "Startup"), I feel like things might be getting too complicated. Then again, I do love some of the assistance features, so I guess it might be the cost of doing business, as it were.
Could be worse, what if the vehicle had to boot up like your laptop running W10 or older ad was not instant on.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man I miss my Mazda more every day lol.

Just did all 4 corners (right before I traded it in naturally) for $250

Not looking forward to the first bronco brake job.

86Isuzu

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Bronco II, 03 Ranger Level II, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think replacing brakes on your own is the #1 best way to save money on vehicle maintenance. Waaay more than oil changes, by the time you buy the oil and also dispose of the used oil (which is pretty expensive here in PA) you only save maybe $10-20. But brakes you can easily save hundreds.
They charge to take used oil?!?
That's bizarre. Drive over the border to NYS. Its free by law here. The only reason one would drive to New York, I suppose.
Sponsored