Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought a set of BD take offs and there were no sensors as the original owner used them in the new wheels. I had the tire shop swap the sensors from my base steelies.
Sponsored

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am buying BD take offs for my incoming base Bronco. Is there any way to check if TPMS sensors are installed on the wheels?
An easy way to tell at home would be to (with care and caution) bend the valve stem both directions(directly towards the tire, or away for the tire. When you go towards the center of the wheel it should bend pretty far. However if you bend it towards the tire, if there is a sensor on the back of the stem you are going to feel the stem stop bending. This is the sensor part of the stem hitting the center barrel of the wheel.

The other option would be to stop by any local Discount Tire store with it and our team would be happy to scan the wheel for a sensor. They would do this at no charge to you.

OP
OP
Bronconium

Bronconium

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Pilot, 2015 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
An easy way to tell at home would be to (with care and caution) bend the valve stem both directions(directly towards the tire, or away for the tire. When you go towards the center of the wheel it should bend pretty far. However if you bend it towards the tire, if there is a sensor on the back of the stem you are going to feel the stem stop bending. This is the sensor part of the stem hitting the center barrel of the wheel.

The other option would be to stop by any local Discount Tire store with it and our team would be happy to scan the wheel for a sensor. They would do this at no charge to you.
Thanks

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CHeeez Whiz!!!!! It is this simple. The OP said they were take-offs. So, original oem wheels and tires with tpms installed on the valve stems at factory. So put them on your truck and have the truck reprogramed for new sensors.
No need to program anything. I bought a set of badlands oem wheels and tires the sensors picked right up automatically.
Sponsored