First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Also, I do see a lot of comments asking about the install for the Whipple intercooler. And a possible video. We will have some coverage for you guys very soon!

Thanks!

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Love to see it, cuz i know @COBB Tuning gonna beat it.
Haven't heard anything from COBB, Would like to have the tough decision of picking between the two??? As of right now, Whipple has it all figured out, the only thing that has me wanting to wait for COBB is loading custom maps that a reputable tuning company can make me...

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haven't heard anything from COBB, Would like to have the tough decision of picking between the two??? As of right now, Whipple has it all figured out, the only thing that has me wanting to wait for COBB is loading custom maps that a reputable tuning company can make me...
I reached out last month. Still in development. 5/6 months ago they said they were about 6 months out so maybe by spring?

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I reached out last month. Still in development. 5/6 months ago they said they were about 6 months out so maybe by spring?
Why are you holding out for the COBB brand? Just curious

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why are you holding out for the COBB brand? Just curious
I know absolutely nothing about Whipple and the other brands and seeing how Whipple was the first ones to come out it makes me a little nervous. Cobb has been around for a long time and they typically release a complete kit tuner, CAI, exhaust etc. Much easier to get.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know absolutely nothing about Whipple and the other brands and seeing how Whipple was the first ones to come out it makes me a little nervous. Cobb has been around for a long time and they typically release a complete kit tuner, CAI, exhaust etc. Much easier to get.
Whipple goes way back. They first started in the 80's so they are not new to this.

SogBecks

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm familiar with flashing as I came from a Tacoma with OvTune. The Tacoma didn't have GOAT modes, so I'm wondering what flashing this does to those. I have a Badlands and did the Forscan mod to enable Sport. Does the Whipple change only the "normal" mode shift points/timing/etc... and by putting it in Sport or Eco, it drops back to how those configurations came from Ford? Or is there some kind of algorithm that those modes read off stock and are adjusted based on flashing the Whipple tune?

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm familiar with flashing as I came from a Tacoma with OvTune. The Tacoma didn't have GOAT modes, so I'm wondering what flashing this does to those. I have a Badlands and did the Forscan mod to enable Sport. Does the Whipple change only the "normal" mode shift points/timing/etc... and by putting it in Sport or Eco, it drops back to how those configurations came from Ford? Or is there some kind of algorithm that those modes read off stock and are adjusted based on flashing the Whipple tune?
I am so far leaning on Whipple vs. JB4 because of it also adjusting the transmission shift points along with it being 50 state legal and being a real flash. There are only two things that I need to consider 1) the affect on goat modes, 2) what COBB has to offer in the near future?.

BroncoMike75

Big Bend
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and a 1967 Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's just funny to me that you have to do all of the mods to make about the same hp and tq you get out of a factory f150 2.7 with no mods. I know it's a "different" motor than the f150 motor but it's strange either way.

Screenshot_20220206-065824_Google.jpg

Rpm

Wildtrak
First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's just funny to me that you have to do all of the mods to make about the same hp and tq you get out of a factory f150 2.7 with no mods. I know it's a "different" motor than the f150 motor but it's strange either way.

Ford Bronco HUGE POWER! Whipple Stage 1 Kit for 2.7 Bronco Dyno Runs/Review! (+70 RWHP / 110 RWTQ) Screenshot_20220206-065824_Google
Wheel hp, wheel tq

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today we throw the Lethal Bronco on the dyno with the rest of the Whipple Stage 1 Kit, including their Tomahawk calibration, Air Filter, and Megacooler Intercooler. Initially, we tested just the calibration and got some pretty impressive numbers, with 60 RWHP and over 80 RWTQ from stock. Now, with the rest of the kit, the truck made over 70 RWHP and over 110 RWTQ with the addition of their Megacooler Intercooler and Filter!

Check it out!

Obviously a 91 tune? Do they do a 87 octane tune? Looking for better efficiency, not necessarily more power 👍🏻
Sponsored